Let's talk a little truth about Mar-a-Lago.

the use of a warrant is contrary to any doj treatment ever on high profile people

a swat like effort to secure a target on such a profile is unprecedented

when the left is in charge of the doj the rules of the doj are used only when convenient but not adhered to, contrary to when the ag is conservative
no you arent , you're setting up a straw man and attacking that

the things arent subject to logical comparison

and trump wasnt ever subpoenaed as you claim and according to your definition of lies and liars, you lied about that

hellary had classified documents out the kazoo and was never raided hell she destroyed documents while under subpoena

obama had what something like 30,000 pages of stuff i hear

can you imagine the uproar if some agent under trump had gone through michelle's clothes? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Link for the Trump wasn’t subpoenaed. Since I’m lying as you state. All the reporting I’ve seen and I’ll quote from the New York Post, says he was served a grand jury subpoena in June. He could have at that time had someone ensure all classified documents were turned over. I’m not sure why some “negotiation” needed to take place as the papers don’t belong to him personally. But that’s a different story.

Also, I’m shocked y’all still believe hyperbolic statements made by trump like “Melania’s clothes though examination of closets are pretty standard procedure in execution of any search warrant.

Did either Hillary or Obama have documents of national concern while they were private citizens at their residence? And subsequently refused to have them immediately turned back over to the government? Were that the case I’m sure a search warrant would have been issued for their residences as well. Trump appears to be the only person who somehow fought to retain documents he had no right to.

“ Trump leaves the White House approximately four hours before Joe Biden’s swearing-in. Dozens of boxes containing documents, mementos and other materials have gone ahead of him to his post-presidential home at Mar-a-Lago.

Remainder of 2021

The National Archives engages in “ongoing communications” with Trump’s representatives about missing records.

January 2022

The National Archives receives 15 boxes from Mar-a-Lago.

Feb. 18, 2022

Archivist David Ferriero informs the House Oversight Committee in a letter that “classified national security information” was found in the 15 boxes and the Justice Department has been contacted about potential violations of the Presidential Records Act.

Spring 2022

Investigators interview Trump aides either involved in the removal of documents to Mar-a-Lago or familiar with their storage at the Palm Beach resort. According to CNN, staffers who were contacted include executive assistant Molly Michael, operations coordinator Beau Harrison, former White House staff secretary Derek Lyons, and former White House valet Walt Nauta.

June 3, 2022

DOJ and FBI officials arrive at Mar-a-Lago with a grand jury subpoena and are shown a basement storage room where additional boxes containing White House documents and other materials are kept. Trump attorneys hand over documents marked as “top secret,” according to CNN.“

https://nypost.com/2022/08/11/trump-...go-search/amp/

I’ll wait for your links with bated breath.
yeah hold your breath, you're too close

its all theyve talked about on tv, that a subpoena should have been quietly issued instead of a warrant
The subpoena was issued and served quietly hence your false statement that it didn’t exist.

This is something I love. From Trump’s lawyer. “ “I don’t believe there were,” Ms Bobb replied. “I have not specifically spoken to the president about what nuclear materials may or may not have been in there. I do not believe there were any.””

That’s hilarious. About as dodgy as it gets. She doesn’t know but she doesn’t believe. But she hasn’t asked. And there may or may not have been. Good job attorney. Exactly what we’d expect from someone representing Trump. Since they were subpoenaed in June, they should have a full grasp of what they have if they were complying with the subpoena.
Thread hijack.

RTM protocol in place
It’s 30 million, but who’s counting.

Waco didn’t burn down, it was ~burnt~ down (by the government), killing about 80 innocent people. It’s a case study on how governments attempt to dehumanize people, right before killing them, so the weak minded accept it as legitimate or even necessary. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Actually, I can see why Trump is remaining silent this time. He wants the FBI, Garland, Wray, and Biden to go on record first. Just like that "perfect" phone call to Zelensky. He let them talk and then he produced the transcript. Ka-Boom!
Yeah, real funny.

If the true answer mattered to you, you would have looked for confirmation in other places.

Glad to see you got big yucks out of all this. Hope you're alive in 6 months to get more. I hope there is a country left in 6th months.

This is getting fucking hilarious. Apparently the Washington Post is reporting the reason Trump’s place was raided was because the FBI thought he had classified documents about nuclear weapons. WTF was he going to do? Make a nuclear bomb in his basement? Sell the technology to Cuba?

Somebody here subscribes to the Washington Post. Maybe said contributor could kindly post the WAPO article.

This is the most entertaining thing to come down the pike since the story he allegedly got two hookers to piss on a bed in Moscow because Barrack Obama slept there.

I kind of miss Trump. I’d never vote for him but he’s a hell of a lot more entertaining than Joe Biden. We elected the wrong Biden. Think how fun politics would be if Hunter were in the White House. The place would be full of necked hookers and [forbidden topic]. And they could get rid of all those paintings of boring dead presidents and replace them with Hunter’s art!

How about a national unity government in 2024? Joe will be too old anyway, so how about a Donald Trump / Hunter Biden ticket! Let’s bring this nation back together again! Originally Posted by Tiny
"the facts are

there is and have been selective investigations, unequal treatment of the investigated and unequal enforcement of laws all based on politics"

Tiny was on point here, even if facetious. Biden is too old and so is Trump, though many won't admit that about either. Both parties would be wise to seek out a 50s or 60s year old moderate (and sorry to say male and at least sorta white...apologies to those I offended) candidate with some tv charisma. I don't know who that is, but if either party pulled that rabbit from the hat, I think they'd win. Trump and Biden are BOTH bad choices. Above is OPINION and not FACT and carefully stated as such.
  • Tiny
  • 08-12-2022, 03:43 PM
I presume you’re just trying to add levity but this is actually pretty serious. I’m not sure which nuclear information he has but if it’s mark compartmentalized it’s pretty serious. It ranges from designs to locations of our weapons and those of our Allie’s and enemies. Including intelligence related to that information. It’s definitely not something he should have in his residence, even in a padlocked basement. It’s also nothing he should have in his possession.

The other issue is clearances. I’m unclear as to whether ex-presidents keep their clearances when they leave office. I’m sure we will get plenty of information on that in the coming days. However, the ex-presidents staff is unlikely to have appropriate clearances to access the materials which might be lying around at Mar a Lago. Or “friends” that are stopping through.

The govt and the FBI takes clearances very seriously, waY more so than most people realize or understand. As someone that’s had one in the past, there’s a lot of scrutiny that goes into the process of getting and maintaining them. And they aren’t permanent so to speak, they are subject to reinvestigation at intervals with the higher clearances having short intervals.

Though we will hear a bunch of whining about how this is overreach it will come from a lack of understanding the seriousness of the processes in place to protect our countries secrets. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
I suspect this isn't a big deal. Your knowledge of the law and the way the FBI operates though is far, far superior to mine, and you think it is.

This is where I'm coming from. If I were on a jury and asked to convict Julian Solange or Edward Snowden of a crime that would send him to jail, I might find the defendant guilty. Or I might not. I imagine you'd like to lock them away and throw away the key.

At this point we don't know enough details to say whether this is a bigger deal than Hillary's emails, which perhaps were all there for the Russians and other nefarious actors to see. Hell, Trump encouraged the Russians to go after that. Remember he said "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.” Obviously the man doesn't have a lot of respect for classified information. From time to time he'd rely on Fox News over the CIA for intelligence info.

I think it's awfully interesting that Trump would stockpile top secret info at his country club. It's another really good reason not to vote for him. But I suspect not a reason to put him in jail. Would you put Hillary in jail for Benghazi or the emails? Hell no.

The Democratic politicians want to put all the Republican politicians and businessmen in jail. The Republicans want to put all the Democrat politicians and black men under 30 in jail. How the hell do they think the taxpayer is going to pay for all the jails? Time to stop this idiocy. This is not a banana republic.
  • Tiny
  • 08-12-2022, 03:55 PM
"the facts are

there is and have been selective investigations, unequal treatment of the investigated and unequal enforcement of laws all based on politics"

Tiny was on point here, even if facetious. Biden is too old and so is Trump, though many won't admit that about either. Both parties would be wise to seek out a 50s or 60s year old moderate (and sorry to say male and at least sorta white...apologies to those I offended) candidate with some tv charisma. I don't know who that is, but if either party pulled that rabbit from the hat, I think they'd win. Trump and Biden are BOTH bad choices. Above is OPINION and not FACT and carefully stated as such. Originally Posted by reddog1951
I agree completely reddog. With every word. This Mar a Lago thing is another red mark on Trump, that both Republicans and Democrats should agree on. Biden's got plenty as well, although as you say a lot are related to his age.

Btw, don't know if you missed this. I tried to PM you to draw your attention to it but your box is full,

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=31

Seriously, you know more about COVID than anyone posting on this board, and I always enjoyed reading what you had to say about it.
  • Tiny
  • 08-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Yeah, real funny.

If the true answer mattered to you, you would have looked for confirmation in other places.

Glad to see you got big yucks out of all this. Hope you're alive in 6 months to get more. I hope there is a country left in 6th months.

Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
Thanks for your kind words
dems eating this sensationalist news up!

Timing here is perfect for the libs hey'?

Foocking chicken littles running round with pre-cum thinking about the circle jerk
Founding fathers seem to have expected those that occupied the "Office" to return to the "farm" when leaving. Most ex-presidents have honored this mantra. Recent ex-officios seem to disagree.

From a national security standpoint, any top secret knowledge or documents held by an ex-president (or retired high ranking official) is a risk. I would think it weighs heavily on our national security experts.

You can't erase memory, but hard copy sensitive material shouldn't be in possession of those no longer "needing to know".
So you couldn’t possibly conceive any of this being true?
Founding fathers seem to have expected those that occupied the "Office" to return to the "farm" when leaving. Most ex-presidents have honored this mantra. Recent ex-officios seem to disagree.

From a national security standpoint, any top secret knowledge or documents held by an ex-president (or retired high ranking official) is a risk. I would think it weighs heavily on our national security experts.

You can't erase memory, but hard copy sensitive material shouldn't be in possession of those no longer "needing to know".