Place your bets here - Electoral College and Senate

So you see dilbert as a 3/4 libertarian I prefer fiscal responsible government that is not telling women what to do with their bodies. That puts me at odds with both parties. Originally Posted by WTF
Ah so you're only 3/4 dense then.
If the economy was the only issue on the minds of voters Trump would probably be victorious on November 3rd. It is not. Issues such as health care, immigration, racial inequality, the coronoavirus, violent crime, climate change, and foreign policy are also important to the voters. Also on the minds of voters is the perceived differences in character between Biden and Trump.

Here is the first poll I could find which compares Biden and Trump on key issues and character:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...-major-issues/ Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Lets break speedys rush to judgement down!
health care is a dim rally cry. lets repeal and replace odummer care cause ins. premiums have never been higher
Illegal immigration is easy. dims want open boarders for the new mail in ballot votes
racial inequality has pissed folks off! Look at the counter protesters growing and the low ratings of the nba. The nfl wised up and cut the nbarrative and have enjoyed rising ratings
Trump saved 2 million from the rona and survived biggly
Violent crime has been up because of rioting and looting by blm and antifa. Trump does not want to defund the police. dims do
climate change is a natural cycle by mother nature. The fossil record in itself proves that
foreign policy is another big win for Trump. He has held others accountable and made them pay their own way. Hes kept us out of wars and limited terror countries developing nuc weapons
Trump has done a great job even with dims doing everything to undermine his accomplishments . While joe has been hiding and only coming out for photoshoots! Lets not forget that the house in the name of impeachment covered up the biden family corruption
Trump wins in every catagory
Yupper 4 - more
The dim-wit controlled the executive branch for 8 years and Produced nothing BUT problems , health care chaos , economic stagnation, foreign policy aimlessness.
  • WTF
  • 10-14-2020, 08:01 AM
Ah so you're only 3/4 dense then. Originally Posted by texassapper
Is that like you being 3/4 gay as fuck?

You think libertarian are dense?

Is that wtf you are trying to say?
  • WTF
  • 10-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Yupper 4 - more
The dim-wit controlled the executive branch for 8 years and Produced nothing BUT problems , health care chaos , economic stagnation, foreign policy aimlessness. Originally Posted by rexdutchman
In 3 more weeks we'll see who Americans vote for....and maybe a few Russians if Trump has his way!

Just relax....the results are baked in.

The only reason some of you have hope is because you still are living in 2016.
Lets break speedys rush to judgement down!
health care is a dim rally cry. lets repeal and replace odummer care cause ins. premiums have never been higher
Illegal immigration is easy. dims want open boarders for the new mail in ballot votes
racial inequality has pissed folks off! Look at the counter protesters growing and the low ratings of the nba. The nfl wised up and cut the nbarrative and have enjoyed rising ratings
Trump saved 2 million from the rona and survived biggly
Violent crime has been up because of rioting and looting by blm and antifa. Trump does not want to defund the police. dims do
climate change is a natural cycle by mother nature. The fossil record in itself proves that
foreign policy is another big win for Trump. He has held others accountable and made them pay their own way. Hes kept us out of wars and limited terror countries developing nuc weapons
Trump has done a great job even with dims doing everything to undermine his accomplishments . While joe has been hiding and only coming out for photoshoots! Lets not forget that the house in the name of impeachment covered up the biden family corruption
Trump wins in every catagory Originally Posted by winn dixie
We'll see in 20 days who is right and who is wrong.
  • WTF
  • 10-14-2020, 08:19 AM
They have 20 more days to talk shit before they cry about voter fraud!

It seems more and more likely that Trump may lose Florida on election day and make all his contesting the later results in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan moot.

Trump may be ahead in those states on election night but will get crushed in the mail in voting. Unfortunately in those states you can't start counting until election day.

That is not the case in Florida. If Trump has already list Florida....he is toast. I think he will be toast even if he wins Florida but we shall see.

• Tiny
  • 10-14-2020, 09:21 AM
I don't drink but thank you for speculating.

I did not think I would have to explain it to such a savvy political savant such as yourself.

If you'd focus on the whole of what I said and not cherry pick thinks that reinforce your own bias....you'd understand that for the longest,I've advocated for Democrat in the WH and GOP led House.

As someone who who thinks the biggest long term threat to this country is debt...that combination seems to work the purse strings better than any other.

Did you see how much debt Trump rang up even before Covid? It is on steroids now with the Dems holding the purse strings.

So you see dilbert as a 3/4 libertarian I prefer fiscal responsible government that is not telling women what to do with their bodies. That puts me at odds with both parties.

Hopefully that helps with any concerns you have with me wanting to get rid of Trump Originally Posted by WTF
I thought that split government was most likely to keep the deficit down. It doesn't matter who controls what, just as long as one party doesn't control everything. And that if you don't have that, if Republicans controlled Congress and the presidency, they'd do better than the Democrats.

So when you proposed this before I was skeptical, and actually looked at deficits and composition of government by year. And you were right. A Democrat in the presidency and Republicans in the House appeared to be correlated with lower deficits than other situations. Newt Gingrich in the House and Clinton in the presidency is the classic example.

I probably posted something on that but don't have time to dig it up right now. This is because I'm currently working 18 hours a day as a slave to the United States federal government, as tax day (October 15) is just around the corner. I wish the mother fuckers hadn't made the tax code so cumbersome and complicated. I feel for CPA's right now. It's difficult enough being one of their clients.
I thought that split government was most likely to keep the deficit down. It doesn't matter who controls what, just as long as one party doesn't control everything. And that if you don't have that, if Republicans controlled Congress and the presidency, they'd do better than the Democrats.

So when you proposed this before I was skeptical, and actually looked at deficits and composition of government by year. And you were right. A Democrat in the presidency and Republicans in the House appeared to be correlated with lower deficits than other situations. Newt Gingrich in the House and Clinton in the presidency is the classic example.

I probably posted something on that but don't have time to dig it up right now. This is because I'm currently working 18 hours a day as a slave to the United States federal government, as tax day (October 15) is just around the corner. I wish the mother fuckers hadn't made the tax code so cumbersome and complicated. I feel for CPA's right now. It's difficult enough being one of their clients. Originally Posted by Tiny

The second half of the 1990s was a truly remarkable era. Government spending as a percentage of GDP (which in my view is always how it should be viewed) fell by more than three full percentage points.

Of course, strong growth abetted by productivity and technological advances in the dotcom era helped, but policy was headed in the right direction. The robust growth was -- I believe at least in part -- a consequence of those better policy decisions.

Bill Clinton intoned at the outset of a mid-'90s State of the Union address that:

"The era of big government is over!"

Shrewd political advisor Dick Morris got Bill to go all-in on the concept of "triangulation," after which he cooperated with Newt to restrain the growth of spending, and even cut the capital gains tax! (From 28% to 20%.)

Now I'm afraid we are in for a very difficult and chaotic decade, since the new rallying cry might as well be:

"The era of big government being over is -- FUCKING WELL ANCIENT HISTORY!!"

(Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead with Professor Stephanie's Magical MMT Machine.)
slick willie was responsible for the financial collapse of the 2000's! He mortgaged our future straight into massive debt!
slick willie was responsible for the financial collapse of the 2000's! He mortgaged our future straight into massive debt! Originally Posted by winn dixie

The late '00s debacle was a broadly bipartisan failure. No shortage of blame to distribute!

(Of course, I do realize that for some of you guys, everything is always the fault of the party you oppose.)

The late '00s debacle was a broadly bipartisan failure. No shortage of blame to distribute!

(Of course, I do realize that for some of you guys, everything is always the fault of the party you oppose.)
. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
The Democrats are responsible for everything bad that has ever happened. For example:

They caused the sinking of the Titanic because they are the reason it's cold above the Artic Circle. They also guided the icebergs into the path of the ship. Unfortunately Trump was unable to prevent this disaster because his birth had yet to occur.

The Dems are responsible for most of New Orleans being below sea level and susceptible to flooding after Hurricane Katrina overwhelmed the levies. Unfortunately Trump was unable to prevent this disaster because he was too busy playing golf at the time.

The Dems are responsible because they had the Chinese create the virus in a lab and then unleashed it in our country so they could show everyone how pathetically inept Trump is at handling adversity. Fortunately we have Trump in charge so that we only have 7.89 million cases and 216 thousand deaths. Fortunately Trump was able to save the remaining 331 million American lives all by himself.

The list goes on and on. It is virtually endless.

These is a really nice shade of fake tan orange today.
The Democrats are responsible for everything bad that has ever happened. For example:

They caused the sinking of the Titanic because they are the reason it's cold above the Artic Circle. They also guided the icebergs into the path of the ship. Unfortunately Trump was unable to prevent this disaster because his birth had yet to occur.

The Dems are responsible for most of New Orleans being below sea level and susceptible to flooding after Hurricane Katrina overwhelmed the levies. Unfortunately Trump was unable to prevent this disaster because he was too busy playing golf at the time.

The Dems are responsible because they had the Chinese create the virus in a lab and then unleashed it in our country so they could show everyone how pathetically inept Trump is at handling adversity. Fortunately we have Trump in charge so that we only have 7.89 million cases and 216 thousand deaths. Fortunately Trump was able to save the remaining 331 million American lives all by himself.

The list goes on and on. It is virtually endless.

These is a really nice shade of fake tan orange today. Originally Posted by Jam3768
Complete lunacy! Just like the dimretards blaming everything on Trump!

Double standard much? Put a link to that genius!!!!!!!!!
And denver is still a polluted shithole
Unfortunately I have Whiny Trixie on ignore so I missed out being able to read those last 2 pearls of wisdom.