NBA

• BLM69
  • 05-14-2022, 06:08 AM
Anyone else want to see GS get shut down? Lebron must be going hard in the gym right now 😂, they went on a run the final minutes yesterday
Mavs win a close one tonight to close out Phoenix and go on to win the Title...They drub the Dubs in 5.

The Dallas Stars get eliminated tonight in their Game 7 unfortunately.
I sensed the Victory, but damn, that was a mother fuckin’ BLOWOUT!!

LET’S GO MAVS!...LET’S GO MAVS!
I was out at Boomerjacks watching this game. Holy shit that was an ass whooping. Glad to see the Mavs back in the WCF
  • BLM69
  • 05-15-2022, 11:49 PM
I sensed the Victory, but damn, that was a mother fuckin’ BLOWOUT!!

LET’S GO MAVS!...LET’S GO MAVS! Originally Posted by ManSlut
You called it correctly! I'm hoping Dallas beats down GS
GS is a much tougher matchup for Dallas. If you were going to design a defender from scratch that could guard Luka, he’d look a lot like Draymond Green. Big, strong, fundamentally sound, physical and a basketball IQ off the charts. And GS can spread their offense out over more players a lot more than phoenix, so Bullock and Fin can’t shut the whole team down. Plus, they don’t have the fundamental flaw the Suns do — GS is built to shoot threes and can play four or five out.
I doubt they'll have Draymond guard Luka straight up. Draymond usually plays the free safety defense role closer to the paint. Having Draymond on Luka will drag him out too far.

I'm guessing they'll have kuminga, wiggins, and klay take turns with Luka.
I think the Warriors are a better match up for the Mavs. Obviously regular season doesn’t mean anything but we did win the season series. But playoffs brings out a different monster in people (look at Luka). Curry and Clay worry me. I think this is going to be a hard fought series and will possibly go the distance. I’m hoping the Mavs can pull it off.
Kidd double teamed Devin Booker and forced the Suns to shoot the 3 and they collapsed under the pressure. Kidd seems to have a feel for which players work better together than just throwing bodies into the lineup. Getting rid of Porzingas for Dinwiddie looks to be a Championship move.
GS is a much tougher matchup for Dallas. If you were going to design a defender from scratch that could guard Luka, he’d look a lot like Draymond Green. Big, strong, fundamentally sound, physical and a basketball IQ off the charts. And GS can spread their offense out over more players a lot more than phoenix, so Bullock and Fin can’t shut the whole team down. Plus, they don’t have the fundamental flaw the Suns do — GS is built to shoot threes and can play four or five out. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I have $500 to wager you, I’ll take the Mavs to win the series (number of games unimportant), you can have the Dubs?
The other series is the one I am not sure about, I feel it’s a toss up, but I will take the Heat in 7 over the Celts, but damn, these are two evenly matched teams, both with depth.

But puhleeze, GS is not a tougher matchup for the Mavs than the Suns...Lmao...Dallas couldn’t beat the Suns until this series and they beat the best team in the NBA 4 out of the last 5 games they played. They have owned the Dubs. If Dallas wins 1 of the 1st two at GS, IT’S OVER!!..Booker & Paul is a better duo than Curry & Klay. Klay’s not his old self still and the Mavs have proven this year they can shutdown any team’s 2 stars, especially against the Dubs...As far as Draymond’s skillset, I would seriously take Maxi Kleber straightup if I were starting a team, over Draymond. He’s just as effective defensively and he’s WAY BETTER offensively beyond setting screens for teammates.
GS has all the pressure. Maybe they will melt like The Suns. The underdog mavs are just enjoying the Luca ride with nothing to lose. Kidd has already told them that. Just another practice series for the long haul. Fun stuff!!!
I doubt they'll have Draymond guard Luka straight up. Draymond usually plays the free safety defense role closer to the paint. Having Draymond on Luka will drag him out too far.

I'm guessing they'll have kuminga, wiggins, and klay take turns with Luka. Originally Posted by tech12
Wiggins will probably be the primary defender. But Luka loves to hunt mismatches and GS switches a fair bit. Draymond will get his turn.

And if they put Draymond exclusively in drop coverage, Mavs will set new recess fir threes attempted. I just dint think they can get away with drop coverage. Unless Maxie goes stone cold
  • BLM69
  • 05-18-2022, 12:10 AM
Miami came out swinging game one, I know Boston isn't going down without a fight. I'm excited to see the western conference games, I'm hoping Dallas takes down GS, I still remember the 2011 finals
As far as Draymond’s skillset, I would seriously take Maxi Kleber straightup if I were starting a team, over Draymond. He’s just as effective defensively and he’s WAY BETTER offensively beyond setting screens for teammates. Originally Posted by ManSlut
It is good that you are not an NBA general manager because you would be the only one who would pick a career journeyman like Kleber over a dude who stays with the same team because he is too valuable to lose. There is a reason why the size of their paychecks are vastly different.

Draymond is a big mouth pain in the ass, but they pay him the big bucks and put up with his shit for a reason. Every good/great team needs a junkyard dog and he is the best in the league at being one.

Rodman didn't make the hall of fame because of his offense. Draymond won't make it because of his offense either but he'll make it. Kleber though, ummmmmmm no. lol