New Obamacare Prices - Hot off the Press - Liberals Lied about reducing costs

bump
HERE ARE THE FACTS!

"I am so disappointed," wrote one woman. "These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!" The comment received 169 "likes."

"There is NO WAY I can afford it," said one commenter after using the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator. "Heck right now I couldn't afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month...and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies."

Another person shared a link found on the federal government's main Obamacare page listing premium estimates for small business employers:

The information is not very complete as I don't see anything about deductible or other detailed info, but it does given an actual price as to the "Premium." It is VERY SCARY!! For example, my insurance plan right now for my spouse and I costs $545 a month with 100% coverage after my $2500 deductible. We are both 32 years old. When I looked at this site for 80% coverage it says it will be $954.78 a month!!!! So compare my old Plan: 100% coverage for $545 a month To New Plan: 80% Coverage for $945 a month. This is only only an estimate but it is VERY Scary for me to see this kind of increase in rates and reduction in benefits!

A single mother of two said she is in school and working full-time while living "75% below the poverty level." She said she was shocked to learn she did not qualify for a healthcare subsidy. "Are you F'ing kidding me????" she wrote on the government's Obamacare Facebook page. "Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this 'bronze' health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening," she wrote.

Amid scores of comments expressing frustration with technical failures, one woman said she is "just amazed you could even get to the point of seeing pricing" and that she had been trying to access the system for three days to no avail.

Obamacare sticker shock will not affect millions of low-income Americans; a New York Times analysis published on Wednesday found that Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help."

Obamacare will cost taxpayers an estimated $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years.
.... That's about $550/mo. less that our group coverage, although the exchange policy is substantially less generous in it's coverage and it's choice of physicians.

See this Kaiser Foundation tool to get near exact quotes for what the exchange policies would cost you:

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
Originally Posted by TexTushHog
So I can't keep my doctor.

Why do I need to go to the Kaiser Foundation? Why can't I still get on the healthcare.gov website? Sorry but years of training have taught me to trust the source and not hearsay of the source. You understand, right?

Frankly, the implementation of the ACA seems to be going quite well, all things considered. As for the comments about increases in costs for young healthy individuals, that is by design. That population must subsidize the older, sicker insureds for health insurance to work. That cohort will get their money back when they themselves become older and sicker, as they (at least as a group) will inevitably do. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
How do you justify saying the implementation seems to be going quite well? At least from the individual mandate POV?

Honestly, the younger population has been subsidizing the elderly via FICA, etc for the last 40+ years and they are tired of it. I was tired of it 30 years ago when Reagan raised the rate to 7.75% and know the day was coming when this will collapse. You just can't keep raising taxes on young people whose upper income job prospects may not recover for another 10 years. You've got to get the economy going.

This is day 4.

How many people have been signed up as being approved?
What are the high and low premiums for those already signed AND APPROVED?
What are the high and low coverages for those already signed AND APPROVED?

( Commercial break goes right here for a 30 second promo on the ACA). Originally Posted by LexusLover
You and your insistence on reliable evidence.

Don't you get tired of being a Navigator for the Obamacare stupids?
HERE ARE THE FACTS!

Obamacare will cost taxpayers an estimated $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years. Originally Posted by therock18
Do you have a link? A 27 year old in Dallas making $25,000 will have a premium of $80 per month. This is affordable. Do you have a plan to insure an additional 40 million people, about 15% of the population. Just don't get sick is not practical.