Please STFU with this ignorant AF energy independence bullshit

Take it or leave the below article but I thought it sums things up pretty nicely because it is well written, informative and succinct about O&G. That's just my opinion though.

And just for the record, I am not pushing yahoo finance on anyone if someone wants to complain about the source of the article. I use the site because it is easy to navigate if you are heavy in the market, and this article was on the front page, so I have no dog in this hunt which is why I respectfully say take it or leave it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-m...223017557.html Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
You know that is beyond their ability to process.
Big Oil will never show their cards.
And i'd lay odds that they are definitely milking this current situation to their benefit (read that as price gouging.) Talked with a customer yesterday that use to work in the oil fields. I said he probably would be pulling it in now. Said "Nope." States they keep contacting for him to come back but they won't pay decent salary. So, guess who keeps the extra $$$?

And they think the pres can dictate price of gas. If you can't get the heads of Big Oil to answer question before a congressional inquiry, what makes you think they're going to give honest answer about the money?
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 12:33 PM
I thought that was called the "WTF-and-YR doctrine"?

It sort of reminds me of a discussion involving "climate change"! When on does not agree than "Man" is totally responsible for the Earth's change in "climate" (actually only temperature) from the carbons being extracted from oil, gas, and coal then the "believer" drags out statistics on the changes in Earth's temperature and says ... "science" says it's true!

When asked about the Ice Age and other PROVEN temperature changes of Earth then the believer starts the name-calling and delusional discourses in an attempt to hide their stupidity. The same surfaces in many reviews posted on Eccie!

160 pounds is "petite"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
All you just have proven is that you haven't a clue between natural climate change and man-made.

That college in Austin you claim to have graduated from should be discredited...or maybe you really did earn a degree from there.
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Take it or leave the below article but I thought it sums things up pretty nicely because it is well written, informative and succinct about O&G. That's just my opinion though.

And just for the record, I am not pushing yahoo finance on anyone if someone wants to complain about the source of the article. I use the site because it is easy to navigate if you are heavy in the market, and this article was on the front page, so I have no dog in this hunt which is why I respectfully say take it or leave it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-m...223017557.html Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
You think these Trump loving numbnuts understand anything written in that article?

“Sometimes it’s a lot cheaper to get cargo from Rotterdam to the East Coast than to push it from Texas,” oil analyst Dan Dicker of The Energy Word explained to Yahoo Finance in 2020. “It can be immensely cheaper to take oil from the Middle East than from our wells in West Texas. In the real world, energy independence doesn’t exist.”
And they think the pres can dictate price of gas.... Originally Posted by Precious_b
So which is stupider - saying the President can DICTATE the price of oil & gas? (Of course, nobody actually said that, you're just setting up a strawman argument.)

Or pretending Biden's anti-fossil fuel and anti-drilling policies don't CONTRIBUTE in a big way to the upward spiral in energy prices?
You think these Trump loving numbnuts understand anything written in that article? Originally Posted by WTF
You clearly don't. What's "ignorant AF" is this thread's OP. Nobody is saying if we get the US back to (net) energy independence, it will ipso facto lower global oil & gas prices. That's a straw man argument. But it will help us to withstand "supply shocks" elsewhere in the world. And it obviously increases our leverage in situations where a major energy producer like Russia is misbehaving.

Do you even understand the concept of "swing producer"? It used to be Saudi Arabia. Thanks to the fracking revolution, the US displaced the Saudis as the world's swing producer roughly a decade ago. Now Biden's anti-carbon energy policies have weakened our ability to flex our muscles and act as the world's swing producer during an international crisis like Ukraine.
You clearly don't. What's "ignorant AF" is this thread's OP. Nobody is saying getting the US back to (net) energy independence will ipso facto lower global oil & gas prices. That's a straw man argument. But it will help us to withstand "supply shocks" elsewhere in the world. And it obviously increases our leverage in situations where a major energy producer like Russia is misbehaving. Originally Posted by lustylad
Not to mention the good paying jobs that are to be had in the oil fields.
Good paying American Jobs.

“Joey Bribes” and the rest of his Cartel would rather us buy from Countries who give kick backs to his criminal enterprises.
... or a harbinger of another epic meltdown?

Just STFU if you disagree with me!

I had asked your ilk to STFU... Originally Posted by WTF
I warned you parrots to stfu.... Originally Posted by WTF
At what point are you going to say UNCLE and stfu....? Originally Posted by WTF
Reread the thread title and just stfu... Originally Posted by WTF
I asked you to stfu... So please please, for your own sake, stfu... Originally Posted by WTF
Now stfu, you're in over your head... Originally Posted by WTF
Now please stfu with your Monday morning Quarterbacking... Originally Posted by WTF
This is why you need to stfu with this silly ass energy independence.... Originally Posted by WTF
But please stfu with this nonsense... Originally Posted by WTF
But please just stfu talking about shit you seem to know very little about.... Originally Posted by WTF

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
So which is stupider - saying the President can DICTATE the price of oil & gas? (Of course, nobody actually said that, you're just setting up a strawman argument.)... Originally Posted by lustylad
***The Daily Double***

A) In 2018 Senate Democrats Demanded Trump Do Something About High Gas Prices of $3 a Gallon in Liberal States
Q) Who is Chuck Schumer?

Correct! 2018 article from U.S. News and World Report:
Gas Prices Rise, and Democrats Point the Finger at Trump

...Speaking outside an Exxon near the Capitol, Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, the top Democrat on the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, called on President Trump to act and sent a pair of letters to the White House demanding the administration lean on OPEC nations to ramp up oil production.

Cantwell was joined by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey. And the spectacle of Democrats – generally seen as opposed to more fossil fuel production due to its impact on climate change – calling for more oil development did not escape notice.

"We are calling on President Trump to act," Cantwell said. "We do not want to see the price of oil get more expensive as we go into the summer driving season."...
***The Daily Double***

A) In 2018 Senate Democrats Demanded Trump Do Something About High Gas Prices of $3 a Gallon in Liberal States
Q) Who is Chuck Schumer?

Correct! 2018 article from U.S. News and World Report:
Gas Prices Rise, and Democrats Point the Finger at Trump

...Speaking outside an Exxon near the Capitol, Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, the top Democrat on the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, called on President Trump to act and sent a pair of letters to the White House demanding the administration lean on OPEC nations to ramp up oil production.

Cantwell was joined by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey. And the spectacle of Democrats – generally seen as opposed to more fossil fuel production due to its impact on climate change – calling for more oil development did not escape notice.

"We are calling on President Trump to act," Cantwell said. "We do not want to see the price of oil get more expensive as we go into the summer driving season."...
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Blimey! ... The sad land of liberal phonys.

... Here's me solution: "DRILL MATES DRILL!"

### Salty
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 06:17 PM
So which is stupider - saying the President can DICTATE the price of oil & gas? (Of course, nobody actually said that, you're just setting up a strawman argument.)

Or pretending Biden's anti-fossil fuel and anti-drilling policies don't CONTRIBUTE in a big way to the upward spiral in energy prices? Originally Posted by lustylad
This is a stupid AF statement.

How many times does it have to be posted that instead of drilling, oil companies were buying back stock and returning dividends?

Then this Russian thing turbo'd oil prices.

Please at least do some research. Just how has Bidens so called antilles drilling policy say effects rig count?

Has it gone down in the last year?

So you are way off base...the Russian invasion is the cause of this huge spike.

God damn....did you really graduate from Trimp U expecting folks to believe your nonsense?

Or pretending Biden's anti-fossil fuel and anti-drilling policies don't CONTRIBUTE in a big way to the upward spiral in energy prices? Originally Posted by lustylad
Than have those mofos get off their asses and sink those wells which they have leases for. Thousands of leases.

When they all tap out, than blame who is in office.
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 06:20 PM
... or a harbinger of another epic meltdown?

Just STFU if you disagree with me!

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Originally Posted by lustylad
I don't care if you disagree....but show actual facts as to why.

Just stfu with this parroting something that you obviously do not understand.
You think these Trump loving numbnuts understand anything written in that article? Originally Posted by WTF
I think some will understand it but will simply dismiss it because it does not fit their narrative and others will just not even bother to try to understand it because it does not fit their narrative.

The last thing I expected to read was, "good article, I didn't know that" from any of these people who think we are still living in the 60's and 70's and still believe that wildcatters like Jerry Jones still exist all over the place or that some are making a killing by dumb luck like the Beverly Hillbillies did on a lame TV comedy series.
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 06:31 PM
You clearly don't. What's "ignorant AF" is this thread's OP. Nobody is saying if we get the US back to (net) energy independence, it will ipso facto lower global oil & gas prices. That's a straw man argument. But it will help us to withstand "supply shocks" elsewhere in the world. And it obviously increases our leverage in situations where a major energy producer like Russia is misbehaving.

D. Originally Posted by lustylad
Do you think we have a State run oil company? You obviously think so.

See this is why I want people that only parrot idiotic sound bite to stfu
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2022, 06:39 PM
I think some will understand it but will simply dismiss it because it does not fit their narrative and others will just not even bother to try to understand it because it does not fit their narrative.

The last thing I expected to read was, "good article, I didn't know that" from any of these people who think we are still living in the 60's and 70's and still believe that wildcatters like Jerry Jones still exist all over the place or that some are making a killing by dumb luck like the Bevery Hillbillies did on a lame TV comedy series. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
They think the government can order oil companies to start pumping oil.

They do not understand that these companies are in business to make money... some numbnut think private companies in this country will be world's swing producer!