NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

As usual you don't dissapoint BT(BigTwat). Were you even watching the game??? We sucked ass the majority of the 1st 3 quarters, Schaub's mighty offense fell behind by 17 at one point. Great comebacks don't happen unless shitty starts happen. I was at the game to Big Douche the fans were booing his ass early in the game. Andre saved his ass. He tried to give it away in OT with a weak armed pick too. Against a more quality opponent than the Jags the outcome would probably be different.

We'll see a real QB in a couple of weeks when we face Tom Brady!! Let's see if Dopey can keep up with him or will he lay another Dopey Dud on us like he did vs Aaron Rodgers. Yes Dopey outdueled Chad Henne, let's go streaking!!!

And my fantasy footlball team put a fucking beatdown on your weak nutt squad. To bad you didn't use your great football mind and have Dopey starting for you. You nutless wonder!!

So to sum it up BT, tell me how my ass Taste??
Now to a happier note, I hope all football fans have a great Thanksgiving!! Heres to a Texans win to go 10 - 1. Also heres hoping everyone gets "gobbled" on the Thanksgiving weekend.
Hopefully the Texans take care of Detroit and Tennessee.

I expect them to catch pure hell in Foxboro. You saw they way New England assraped Indy??? Even though they're 7-3 they still are one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL! And they're even more dangerous at home in the elements!
I'd Like to send a shot out to BigTex for undoubtedly supporting Shaub to the point of driving some of us fellers mad..

Schaub just threw for 527yrds!!!
Thats 2nd most in a single game in NFL History!!!

Andre Johnson caught for 273 yrds..
I've been hearing through fans and media that this combo was dead... I think it's now time to STFU!! LOL.. damn what a game..
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Thanks Willy for the shout out. I couldn't agree with your observations more! As for me, I am pumped the Texans are 9-1!

Happy Turkey Day to all!

To me the big positive of that game was that Schaub stayed cool and threw some big time balls in order to catch up and win. Sure he also had two picks but even the very greatest QB's will throw some picks when you are throwing that often. Originally Posted by spear88
I agree with this, as well!

I think you're DOPEy DOPEy DOPEY . Fans who complain when the Texans win are just that DOPEY Originally Posted by carkido45
Couldn't have said it better myself! Go Texans!
Will we see the Jekyl or Hyde Schaub??? Thats the fucking question!!! We know we will see both but which persona will be most evident WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO THE NUT CUTTIN!!!

Will we see the 527 yd, tough, good throwing, good faking, smart Schaub or will we see the immobile, sackable, weak armed, duck throwing Schaub? Granted he has played great at times this year but he has also looked well below average at times and sometimes within the same game. I hope to God he is the good one when the chips are down and the Nuts are on the line and we are All In!! It's 50/50 man.

We beat the Jags!!! Let's go Streaking!!!
Bleacher Report shows the Houston Texans a little love:

2. Houston Texans

Record: 9-1
Winning close games can be the mark of a good team. While there's nothing wrong with being battle-tested and learning to win bad games can be valuable in the postseason, it's also a little bit scary along the way.
The Texans went to overtime against the Jacksonville Jaguars—a team previously ranked as the second worst in the NFL. While they won't move down for almost losing, this has to be a learning moment for the Houston players and coaches. Especially the coaches.
Wade Phillips' secondary was torn apart by Justin Blackmon—the same Justin Blackmon who looked like a colossal bust through the first 10 weeks of the season. Phillips has to find a way to get more pressure on the quarterback, which in turn allows his understaffed secondary to cover for less time.
Gary Kubiak has to also find a way to not be so conservative. If anything has a chance to doom this team's potential, it's that Kubiak likes to keep things close. He has to find a killer mentality when it comes to offensive play-calling.

Update: The Texans moved from No. 1 to No. 2 following the 49ers' win over the Chicago Bears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated QB Power Rankings After NFL Week 11

By Matt Stein
(Featured Columnist) on November 20, 2012

6. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans

Last Week's Ranking: 7
Week 11 Statistics: 43-of-55, 527 yards, five touchdowns, two interceptions
There are two ways to perceive the game that Matt Schaub had on Sunday.
The first is to criticize him and the Houston Texans for needing overtime to beat the helpless Jacksonville Jaguars. The second, and the way I choose to perceive the game, is that Schaub was absolutely fantastic in Week 11 and proved just how great of a quarterback he is.
Sure, the Jaguars don't have the greatest defense, but 527 yards and five touchdowns against anyone is ridiculously impressive. Schaub has always taken a back seat to his defense and Arian Foster, but he proved this week to be just as vital to his team's success as any other player.
  • CJOHN
  • 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
LET SEE IF THE TEXAN WIN OR LOSE THURSDAY .... ITS WAS CLOSE SUNDAY
  • Satin
  • 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Well all this talk about KJ, but we got to see KJ when he has to cover receivers one on one. His cover skills are just like I've been alluding to..

Justin Blackmon, a rookie WR had 250 yards the ENTIRE season but put up 236 yds Sunday, mostly against KJ...

Blackmon also caught a TD in the end zone in the fist quarter in which he had KJ beat, but lost the ball.

The signature moment came in the 2nd quarter. Easye and I were talking about KJ and both decided to focus on him on a pass play to see how he reacted. We noticed he had single coverage on Cecil Shorts with no safety help. Well, Shorts ran a simple down and back hook pattern and burnt KJ, then alluded his tackle and ran 67 yards for a TD.

The whole secondary sucked most of the game, but KJ was exposed more. Without pass rush help, as well as help from JJ and Manning, he just can't get it done. A backup QB torched our defense pretty bad.

With that being said, we got a tough win and that's all that matters. I'm happy they came from behind and showed a lot of heart.

So now it's on the Detroit to face Stafford and Megatron. I just hope JJ is better, because if KJ tries to cover him, Megatron will have a career day...they should beat the Lions....
Hung on to Andre Johnson long enough to finally pay dividends......lol

HOpe he does it again with Satin up this week...........lol
Yup, KJ did take some shitty angles in that game, but Quinn and Manning did their best to top him, just a shitty day by the secondary, but the important thing was that the Jags incompleted 11 of their last 13 passes, so that's a plus...But give BLACKMON his due, guy is going to be a Fucking stud, just a shame he had no QB for the whole first half of the season...

Another problem I noticed, and the numbers back it up (I don't have them right now), but Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin, they are not getting any rush, hurries, or QB hits. Both are ranked nearly dead last in the rankings for pass rushers. but this is more so a problem with Barwin, he's not having the same kind of season he had last year. If they want to start Merciless over one of those guys, they better do it soon so he can be ready by the time the playoffs start.

Hoping Tate gets better, doesn't look like it, it has been a disappointing season for him thus far.

I still hope we rest our main guys, including JJ against Detroit. Fuck those guys..
Yup, KJ did take some shitty angles in that game, but Quinn and Manning did their best to top him, just a shitty day by the secondary, but the important thing was that the Jags incompleted 11 of their last 13 passes, so that's a plus...But give BLACKMON his due, guy is going to be a Fucking stud, just a shame he had no QB for the whole first half of the season...

Another problem I noticed, and the numbers back it up (I don't have them right now), but Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin, they are not getting any rush, hurries, or QB hits. Both are ranked nearly dead last in the rankings for pass rushers. but this is more so a problem with Barwin, he's not having the same kind of season he had last year. If they want to start Merciless over one of those guys, they better do it soon so he can be ready by the time the playoffs start.

Hoping Tate gets better, doesn't look like it, it has been a disappointing season for him thus far.

I still hope we rest our main guys, including JJ against Detroit. Fuck those guys.. Originally Posted by TheDon
Excellent post, I agree that Blackmon is going to be an excellent WR, if Jville ever gets a qb that can consistently get him the ball. As for tomorrow's game, I am inclined to say rthat we should give JJ as much rest as possible. We need him well down the stretch. The downside would be that we have no one else on the roster capable of handling Megatron one on one. If KJ is giving the assignment, he will need help from another DB but then so will any of the other DB's given the assignment. Tomorrow might be another long day for our Secondary.
  • klutz
  • 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Worst thing we could do was knock Gabbert out of the game... lol....

I was there.... that stadium was rockin! I'm still sore from screaming.
  • Satin
  • 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep, excellent post Donnie boy, it will be a challenge but it will only make him better. Megatron is probably licking his chops knowing he might have KJ on him.

I don't care how we do it....just win baby...

Klutz, I just now finally got my voice back bro from the game....I went hard...
Worst thing we could do was knock Gabbert out of the game... lol....

I was there.... that stadium was rockin! I'm still sore from screaming. Originally Posted by klutz
Exactly. The more I think about it, if Blaine stayed in, we probably would have gotten the game we expected. It's okay to take lucky Cutler out but leave push over QBs on the game.

My dad is convinced its hard to beat Detroit on Thanksgiving.
Ka-reem=Kreamed=Toast!!!
but even then he is a good role player, not a shutdown type of defender.