Cowboy season predictions

Top QB rating a useless stat? Keep on showing your lack of knowledge, and I will keep laughing you. This may be a revelation to you, but football is a team sport, and we have only had a good team behind Romo a couple of times while he has been a starter.

And how is the divisional round, one win away from a NFC championship game, not close to getting anywhere? Damn boy. And yes, they will be very good next year Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
Yes keep "laughing me" but the only one who lacks knowledge here is you for believing this team as built and with jerry jones running the show will ever be " great" or furthermore win a Superbowl(I'm not talking about the 90s). I agree football is a team sport so stop using moronic sentences like " he came close to getting us there" when everybody knows murray and the offensive line were the true mvps of that team. Speaking of the o-line i don't think it has been anywhere as good as last year's especially tyron smith but that's just my opinion, so go ahead and get angry and resort to name calling.
What's funny is that if by some miracle they win out, they will probably win the division. The NFC East just sucks this year!

McFadden was a stud at Arkansas, but kept getting hurt while playing for Oakland and that shitty OL. He still shows occasional flashes of brilliance, but he's a shell of his former self.
If they win out I'll buy you all a session with Nastya. It'll be Giants & Skins tied at 8-8 and what the tie breaker will be I have no idea, you tell me.

Rombo will be back next year and he will keep getting injured every time he steps on the field. Football player don't age like fine wine, their ass turns to vinegar. Rombo's salary is higher than Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson. Jerry Jones should be committed to a fucking insane asylum.

Best QB rating, that's great, ancient history. What was Rombo's QB rating last week against the Panthers?
Terrible decisions and terrible throws. Rombo was the Panthers best player.
Yes keep "laughing me" but the only one who lacks knowledge here is you for believing this team as built and with jerry jones running the show will ever be " great" or furthermore win a Superbowl(I'm not talking about the 90s). I agree football is a team sport so stop using moronic sentences like " he came close to getting us there" when everybody knows murray and the offensive line were the true mvps of that team. Speaking of the o-line i don't think it has been anywhere as good as last year's especially tyron smith but that's just my opinion, so go ahead and get angry and resort to name calling. Originally Posted by wildboy_214
Perhaps you should consider getting a life and not trolling these boards 24/7? Worry about your own whack ass team.
If they win out I'll buy you all a session with Nastya. It'll be Giants & Skins tied at 8-8 and what the tie breaker will be I have no idea, you tell me.

Rombo will be back next year and he will keep getting injured every time he steps on the field. Football player don't age like fine wine, their ass turns to vinegar. Rombo's salary is higher than Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson. Jerry Jones should be committed to a fucking insane asylum.

Best QB rating, that's great, ancient history. What was Rombo's QB rating last week against the Panthers?
Terrible decisions and terrible throws. Rombo was the Panthers best player. Originally Posted by atf searcher
If you think any NFL player can come back at full form, after spending 8 weeks on the sidelines, you're rather delusional at best.
If you think any NFL player can come back at full form, after spending 8 weeks on the sidelines, you're rather delusional at best. Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
Which is why Romo should not have played, especially on the short rest and coming off the injury. 17 of the panther's 33 points attributed to his interceptions with two being pick 6.

The Cowboys do not need to tank the rest of the season, just play the way they normally do and they will continue to lose. Hell, I would start Kellen Moore the rest of the year to see what he has.

Not putting Romo on season ending IR because he may come back in the playoffs is pretty stupid as well, even though it would free up a roster spot, they already have enough players that they picked up off the street as it is. If they make the playoffs due to the crappy NFC east, they would have won all 5 of their remaining games, so why not continue to start the hot hand at quarterback and give the old man the whole off season to recover?
If you think any NFL player can come back at full form, after spending 8 weeks on the sidelines, you're rather delusional at best. Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
Which is why Romo should not have played, especially on the short rest and coming off the injury. Originally Posted by davidfree986
to hear the Media talk, anticipating Romo's second game back from injury, Christ was emerging from the grave after 3 days.. hope really does spring eternal.
Which is why Romo should not have played, especially on the short rest and coming off the injury. 17 of the panther's 33 points attributed to his interceptions with two being pick 6.

The Cowboys do not need to tank the rest of the season, just play the way they normally do and they will continue to lose. Hell, I would start Kellen Moore the rest of the year to see what he has. Originally Posted by davidfree986
Can't argue with that, and yea, it would be nice to see what the guy has. But not sure tanking is good for the team. Regardless, I do not see us winning many more games with even a maximum effort.
.........when everybody knows murray and the offensive line were the true mvps of that team......

Speaking of the O-line I don't think it has been anywhere near as good as last year's; especially Tyron Smith (but that's just my opinion)..... Originally Posted by wildboy_214

Totally agree.

The line lost two vital components in the off season that had given them that Earth-Moving attitude in 2014: One, (and most obvious) was the defection of Demarco Murray. He helped the O-line inflict it's will on opposing D-lines (especially in the 4th quarter when they were eating the clock & putting teams away).

Secondly (and a detail some have forgotten) was the loss of Bill Callahan, who was the architect of last year's line.

After losing the first game of the season in 2014 (to San Fran), the Cowboys adjusted quickly and went on a 13-4 run.....and Callahan's offensive line became the identity of Dallas' bruising running game that forged an 8-0 road record.

Seems like that was a million years ago compared to what we're seeing today, huh?

Anyway....watch the offensive line play this Monday Night (in Washington) and see what I mean. Callahan has shaped this group up nicely and is giving Kirk Cousins the time (and confidence) he needs to find open receivers. His work with first-round pick (OT Brandon Sherff) has this kid on pace for an all pro career (something he'd have done here with La'el Collins had Jerry ponied up and paid him to stay).

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the Redskins completely flatten Da Boys on MNF. And some of that credit will go to Callahan who knows the Dallas defense pretty good, I would think.
I never expected Rombo to come back at full form. He will never be at full form again,he will continue to get injured every season. He's old, he's much slower than he use to be , and he's very fragile. Get rid of him and clear up salary cap space.

I sure agree with those comments about Callahan. He's a real NFL coach, unlike Garrett who has no business being a head coach. How could you possibly expect Jones to make the correct decision about anything, he fired Bill Parcels.
I hope Stephen Jones is smarter than his dad, but I'm sure that's too much to ask for, he's been around his dad too long.
I never expected Rombo to come back at full form. He will never be at full form again,he will continue to get injured every season. He's old, he's much slower than he use to be , and he's very fragile. Get rid of him and clear up salary cap space.

I sure agree with those comments about Callahan. He's a real NFL coach, unlike Garrett who has no business being a head coach. How could you possibly expect Jones to make the correct decision about anything, he fired Bill Parcels.
I hope Stephen Jones is smarter than his dad, but I'm sure that's too much to ask for, he's been around his dad too long. Originally Posted by atf searcher
Jones dd not fire Parcells, Parcells quit. The rest of your diatribe is conjecture at best. If you think you can just get rid of Romo, and free up cap space, you have much to learn about the modern NFL.

"All opposed signify by saying 'I quit'!"
He's {Tony Romo} old, he's much slower than he use to be , and he's very fragile.

Get rid of him and clear up salary cap space.
Originally Posted by atf searcher
Hmmmmm.....cutting Romo for XYZ player-to-be-named (ie: Matt Cassell...Johnny Effin' Football....MSU's Connor Cook....etc, etc).......easier said than done, as previously suggested. Let's examine the facts / numbers and see what we're really dealing with:

Romo's base salary in 2015 is $1 million. The (recent) restructure of his signing bonus: $16 million.

The bottom line of his current contract (for 2015) is a Cap Hit of $14,973,000 while his Dead Money Value to the Cowboys' salary cap is a whopping $45,908,000.

(Now remember, "dead money" is not as bad as the name implies.....it's a sunk cost. But it does have it's place as to what you can or cannot do with a player and his contract). Moving along:

Not much better for 2016:
Cap Hit: $20,835,000
Dead Money: $31,935,00

Nor for 2017:
Cap Hit: $24,700,000
Dead Money: $19,600,000

Oh, rest assure, if the Cowboys do cut Tony (today...or the end of the '15 season) it's not like he's gonna ride off into the sunset, sipping on Mai Tai's by the pool in Cabo. There'll be a GM or two ready with pen in hand to tender him a new contract. All it takes is one desperate enough, ya know.....

And in the meantime the Cowboys would be sitting in Cap Hell because of the hit they'd take doing such a foolish thing.

Point is, Tony's here for the foreseeable future, bad back, broken clavicles and all. Cutting Tony Romo? Lol.....you've a better chance watching Jerry Jones sprout wings and fly around AT&T Stadium as the halftime entertainment next home game.
Jones dd not fire Parcells, Parcells quit. The rest of your diatribe is conjecture at best. If you think you can just get rid of Romo, and free up cap space, you have much to learn about the modern NFL. Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
OH yeah like it makes any fucking difference. Parcells quit because Jones interfered in everything and wound't let him be a real coach, the result is the same. But then we all know Jones doesn't want a real coach, he just wants a YES man.

I know the reality is the Cowboys are married to Rombo for the rest of his sorry ass career. The best Cowboy fans can hope for is that he decides to retire. Looks very likely this will be Payton's last year, maybe Rombo will be soon to follow.

Point is, Tony's here for the foreseeable future, bad back, broken clavicles and all. Cutting Tony Romo? Lol.....you've a better chance watching Jerry Jones sprout wings and fly around AT&T Stadium as the halftime entertainment next home game. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Now THAT would be classic!!

When Romo's healthy, he's a good qb; he's got the stats, but numbers doesn't get you the Lombardi trophy at the end. When Romo can figure out how to win in the post-season, then, he'll be a great qb.