NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

LMAO....looks like Rick Smith let JaCoby go a little too soon
LMAO....looks like Rick Smith let JaCoby go a little too soon Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Rick Smith, another asshole that needs to be run out of town.
109 yard kickoff return for Jones.
  • Trey
  • 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah gotta give him props for that! We still suck on special teams.
Rick Smith, another asshole that needs to be run out of town. Originally Posted by macksback
Yep...after that kickoff return for a touchdown I'd say you're right LMAO!!!!
  • Trey
  • 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Hell no, not one person cried when they let go of jones. Really look at it like 2-3 texans are about to get a ring. I put it on the coach for being shit and not knowing how to use what he got. And jones still dropped one, you know you were like "uh oh there he goes". We suck at special teams let go of two good return guys. They blame the return guy and not the squad out there to help him out.
Lights went out at the Super Bowl. WTF?
Fucking finally.

Can't believe NO stadium admins let this happen. I really hope we get the 2018 SB!
Don't really care what Jones does, I'm happy for him that he had a good game, but he will always be remembered here for that fumble, and I was happy as hell to see him go.

We didn't suck this year, we were good, but we have a limited ceiling with Schaub, and this will be the case for as long as he's here. Jones, Leach, or Pollard ain't fixing that.

SB was fun.
Super Bowl was interesting.

49ers staged a comeback like only they can. Took it down to the last play of the game. Ravens got hot early and capitalized on most of their posessions.

I knew they would give the MVP to Joe Flacco and not Jacoby Jones, but Jones was beasting! A 108yd kickoff return and a 56yd touchdown pass? He deserved to act a fool celebrating in the end zone!

Now you can say Jones, Leach and Pollard have a ring after being let go by the Texans. That's the thing! You play for a Houston team and get traded to another team and that team go on to win championships. Look at David Carr. TWO Super Bowl rings his ass didn't even work for!

With all that said, congrats to the Baltimore Ravens for a hard fought win over the San Francisco 49ers! Ray Lewis will retire a winner! The 49er's shouldn't be ashamed at all! Colin Kaepernick is a beast and they will be contenders for years to come now that they have a solid strong team!

Now football season is officially over......................

Now football season is officially over...................... Originally Posted by kerwil62
Sup to Spring Training Baseball!
I still can't believe the no-call on the holding penalty. To me that was what decided the game.
  • bbkid
  • 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Sup to Spring Training Baseball! Originally Posted by TheDon
Now, you're talking, sir!

I still can't believe the no-call on the holding penalty. To me that was what decided the game. Originally Posted by tbone2u
Same here. Plays and penalties get missed all the time, but this one was plenty obvious.
They were pretty loose on a lot of calls. There were at least 5 calls that were missed. Seems they were letting them play, and unless it was really agregious.....They weren't going to call it.

Especially, after the lights came back on.......They weren't doing nothing to slow the game down........lol
There was no chance in hell I thought they were gonna throw a flag, and I'll defend them on it. I don't think penalties should decide the game, Niners should have just called a better play imo, can't count on the refs. There were so many flags thrown during Texan games this year, it was kind of redressing to not see them imo..

@BBkid- High-Five*