NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Trey
  • 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
And the texans ain't done shit so far. I really don't see them doing shit at all. The wr don't matter we still don't have a guy that can get the ball down field.
The General John McClain tweeted

John McClain@McClain_on_NFL
If Texans hadn't extended Matt Schaub last year, they're be trying to re-sign him in the current market that's horrible for QBs

Basically admitting that we fucked up by re signing Dopey.

Is fucking Rick Smith even working???

Actually they have a visit set up with Ed Reed to fill in Glover Quin's spot. Sounds good but how old is Ed Reed? He could be an upgrade if he hasn't lost a step!!! Woo Hoo, work it R Smith, work it!!

Is fucking Rick Smith even working???

Actually they have a visit set up with Ed Reed to fill in Glover Quin's spot. Sounds good but how old is Ed Reed? He could be an upgrade if he hasn't lost a step!!! Woo Hoo, work it R Smith, work it!! Originally Posted by Daddio
That's fucked up we let Quin go (Lions) with reportedly an offer of too little too late.

Eagles may end up getting Barwin in addition to Casey. Paul Kruger got 5yrs 40mil, Barwin may be looking to something in that ballpark.

If I remember right Ed Reed and Dre remain close since their days together at the U. Though neither may be in their prime, both have been elite at their positions and are still better than most. J Jo seemed to fall off a little last year probably due mostly to nagging injuries but I like adding another vet in the backfield among our young pups. Iv'e heard Kubes talking of possibly moving Brooks Reed to ILB and Mercilus to take over the starting spot at OLB. However, if Barwin goes I wonder if that changes the philosophy at all? Hell, Dobbins and James are in the market also. Will Cush still be explosive when he comes back?

Rey Maualuga LB and Nnamdi Asomugha CB would be great additions but wishful thinking I'm afraid..

And just when you think the fucking Pats are loosing firepower they reload with Amendola. That dudes a beast already. With Brady he'll become elite. The Pats and the Broncos are loading up quick, too quick! I highly doubt the Ravens will get another title shot after their ongoing firesale any time soon. But the Broncos and Pats are doing nothing but winning the off-season so far. If were going to have a shot at the title, Pats and espeically the Bronco's are setting the bar really fucking high right now. We've got to send Dopey to some serious MMA training (for some core strength, hand speed, and killer instinct), load up on WR, LB's and DB's to come remotely close to the Broncs and the Pats.. We've got a playoff team, no doubt, but got our work cut out to become a contender.
Ed Reed would be a BAUSS of a pick up, I'd love it. Fuck the offense, the only way this team will do anything is by getting loaded on defense, I liked quinn a lot, but Ed Reed is Ed MotherFucking Reed. I like the decision, we should sign him tomorrow, Fuck him going to SF, sign.him.now.

And I agree Willy, Nanmdi would sound like a wish, don't think we could get him.

I still say our best bet is to draft the gay guy and hope he's a beast.
I hope ed reed stay with the ravens why come here Matt schaub not a winner
And Flacco will be with their current team?
..And just when you think the fucking Pats are loosing firepower they reload with Amendola. That dudes a beast already. With Brady he'll become elite... Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
My prediction is Amendola will miss considerable time with the Patriots injured. Belichek just has this uncanny sense of knowing when to release players and working the salary cap. Even when the players have tread left on them, their departure isn't crippling.
Ed Mfing Reed! Got to give it to the Texans for landing this ball hawk. Hope the old feller has some bullets still in the pistol. He does bring a little bad ass to us also. We need a dose of bad ass!!! Hopefully we still have some $$$ for other free agents too. Who's next Rick, get to fucking work you slacker!!!
Ed Mfing Reed! Got to give it to the Texans for landing this ball hawk. Originally Posted by Daddio

FML....

Thats the only thing I don't like about my team, we HARDLY EVER go after big name FA's. I think the last one was Jerome Bettis's fat ass

Imagine Ed & Troy in the same secondary....although he'd probably never play for the Steelers
We got one of the most legit players in NFL HISTORY on our team, crazy. Reed, Watt, and Cush have potential for getting a lot of three and outs.

Now, we just need to convert JJ to a TE, Reed as our #2 WR, and Cushing as our QB, and we're set!

Imagine Ed & Troy in the same secondary....although he'd probably never play for the Steelers Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Lots of bengay would be used between those two guys I'd bet.
Defense not the problem its all on that sorry ass QB reed did his thing with us its flacco team now
Is the Ed Reed deal done? I got a flash from SR610 about 7pm saying they were close.

Reed brings a lot of intangibles in field presence, knowledge of the game and attitude. The happiest guy on the team would have to be Kareem Jackson. KJ improved this year not so much because of his own play but the play by others and he's never had a center fielder of the caliber of Ed Reed backing him up.

The biggest concern is definitely QB which we can't do much about. I've been a Shaub supporter but after seeing him throw so many passes that receivers had to wait on I don't think he has the arm strength. If we get a #2 receiver that can stretch the field I'm not confident anymore that Shaub can get the ball to him.
Indy just signed Hasselbeck as their backup and Tennessee just signed Fitzpatrick as their #2. Both strong smart moves IMO.
Yeah, deal is done brah.

Doesn't matter tho, he will probably miss a few games (he's old), but our team will be fun to watch because our defense will flat out murder shitty teams, it will be fun to watch Watt, Reed, and Cush do their thing, we will probably make the playoffs, but we could have the best defense in the league, and we won't be a legit contender. Our offense is simply not good enough.

It's not just that we dont have a number 2 guy, Schaub can't throw deep nor can he run, that's pretty much a dagger in this day in age, our best chance in offense is to get some beastly TE play to go with Dre and the run game.

Either way, our offense will be good and productive, we will have a good team, and will have fun games to watch, and that's really all you can ask for with this group. We don't have a championship team, but neither does 90% of the league, we have it better than most other teams honestly.
U texans fans say this shit every year so you get reed but there thin at the LB position what if cushing get hurt again who you got brooks reed come on you can bliz all you want but can they stop the pass one man is not going to change that