NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

So what vick is still faster than a lot of people in the league it doesn't surprise me at all he smoke mccoy in a 40yard dash he may be older but he still can run Originally Posted by jstone420
Correct. If it were all about speed Darrell Green would still be in the league. Vick doesn't have the NFL QB skill set and he's injury prone.

That's how a QB makes the team his. I bet he never gets challenged again. Originally Posted by boardman
He'll be challenged minute 1 of the regular season. If he's as turnover prone as he was at the beginning of last year he'll last 2 games as a starter. Chip Kelly better have Plan B ready, Coach Mora was absolutely right.
The line was bad both vick an mccoy were hurt.he has way better skills than Matt schaub.by the way darrell green was a corner not qb its a big difference
Correct. If it were all about speed Darrell Green would still be in the league. Vick doesn't have the NFL QB skill set and he's injury prone.

He'll be challenged minute 1 of the regular season. If he's as turnover prone as he was at the beginning of last year he'll last 2 games as a starter. Chip Kelly better have Plan B ready, Coach Mora was absolutely right. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I don't know about injury prone in the common sense of the word. Vick's injuries have been of his own doing by not making prudent choices. It's very likely he will get hit the same way this year. I can tell you one thing from experience and it's this: Because he stepped up and accepted the challenge and won it every player on offense will go after anyone that take a cheap shot on him. McCoy just might be the first in line.

Sure he will be challenged by other teams. My point is that his team mates won't challenge him like that again. Stepping up and shutting McCoy up went a long way in earning and/or keeping the respect of his team. Now whether or not he will last the season is a legitimate argument for sure and it goes back to the pocket passer /mobile quarterback debate.
Sweet, 6 Million guaranteed and may not play a down.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-reeds-surgery
I'm glad we didn't keep him that may be a problem for the texans
Can't let this thread go to page 2.

I heard some chatter on 610 about Alan Bonner making a big impression on the coaching staff and putting some real pressure on Marting and Jean for a roster spot. Anyone know anything about him?
Seahaks Irvin will be out for the week 4 game against us, that's pretty legit

And sounds like we're making a bid for 2017...
Hopefully we get Super Bowl LI. That is cool when all the celebs come to town. Gives me a shot at fucking Beyonce!!

Sounds like Brooks Ried will be moving inside. Hopefully this opens the door for wild man Braman to get on the field. I like him!!

Only 108 days to go until the season kicks off.
OTA's today. First time the old timers and the new comers are on the field together. 108 days sounds a lot better than 3 months.
  • Trey
  • 05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
We got the superbowl!!!

Now bring on the hoes!
Good for city
Good for ho's!!!
Saw an Article about OTA's yesterday that said Bryan Braman was running first team OLB with Brooks Reid running ILB. Braman is one of my favorite guys. He is a maniac, I hope he blossoms into a monster OLB. Awesome.

Mercilus, Ninja, Mitchell, Watt, Braman
Cush, Reid,
J Joseph, Manning, Reed, K Jacson

Looks pretty fucking good, with Swearinger, Sharpton, B Harris, Dobbins(who isn't at the "Voluntary" OTA's, WTF?) and others I am forgetting we should be a damn good Defense next year.

Good to hear that the new WR is doing real well also.
104 Days!!!
The thinking appears to be to use Cush and Reid both as three down players. With Reid's experience at OLB he can set the edge, rush the QB, cover when needed. ILB is a little more instinctive postition but Reid probably has those instincts. What this does is allow them to put Reid in several positions on the field especially in third down situations and nickle and dime packages disguising the defense and keeping QB's guessing what he is going to do.

The starting defense looks impressive. The key now will be staying healthy and quality depth.

According to reporters watching the OTAs Hopkins has been putting on a clinic catching everything that comes near him and making a few of his signature one handed grabs. Also his turn up field and sprint to the goal line has been impressive to onlookers.

Posey is doing what he can on the field to learn the offense and has been catching tennis balls off of a machine as part of his daily workout to improve his hands.