OH YES!!!!

It is an empty gesture. Perry is just bloviating in advance of another failed attempt to run for the Presidency. No point in congratulating him for something completely useless. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Bloviating. Priceless. I agree.

He's one of the worse governers that Texas has seen. And THAT is saying something.

Gosh .... the past names of governers. I'm sure that Ann Richards is smiling in her grave right now. Or turning in it.
I'm pro-Wendy!
That will create a great market for ladders.... Who makes ladders? I think you gave me a great idea for a investment Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Not if they build it like the wall in American Ninja Warriors...nice n slippery...
Let's just see how many border crossings in the next couple of months we have here as compared to states that don't mobilize their guard troops. That will answer any questions.
Bloviating. Priceless. I agree.

He's one of the worse governers that Texas has seen. And THAT is saying something.

Gosh .... the past names of governers. I'm sure that Ann Richards is smiling in her grave right now. Or turning in it. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

Ann is laughing her old, wrinckled ass off.
I'm pro-Wendy! Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
this is the only Wendy that will see the inside of the Governor's Mansion..

Attachment 332582
Ann is laughing her old, wrinckled ass off. Originally Posted by pyramider
Slight segue. Have you seen the new HBO documentary on Ann Richard's life? I think that it's HBO.

Anyway, for those of us who are Ann fans, it's a very good (and somewhat entertaining) program.

Wonderful woman. So pathetic that she finally balanced the Texas budget (for the first time in a long time!) and then, it went south when Bush took office.

Typical. She was such a firebrand.

Autumn ... I understand being enthusiastic about helping those children who are immigrating from parts of South and Central America. Hopefully, it'll all work out.
Let's just see how many border crossings in the next couple of months we have here as compared to states that don't mobilize their guard troops. That will answer any questions. Originally Posted by MrCrowe
He is mobilizing ALL of them to the RGV area. That isn't even the area with the most issue in Texas. It is for good press and nothing more.
Mate, it will be a lot closer than you think. Rick Perry makes Palin look clever.

this is the only Wendy that will see the inside of the Governor's Mansion..

Attachment 332582 Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Time to get those troops posted on the Red River . . them damn Okies are everywhere!
Rick Perry makes Palin look clever. Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
While I agree that the amount of retard concentrated in a single individual is quite high for both of them, the differential is negligible -- coin toss, either way all you get is stoopid.
While I agree with using available resources to stop the illegal immigration, as those that do it legally are at a disadvantage here is my take that may cost much less in the long run. Why doesn't the US annex Mexico, divide it into 10-12 states (currently they have 31 with the 3 most populous as the US border), slowly build up the economy and infrastructure so people will want to stay there. Minimum wage becomes progressive over say 5 years to reach that of what the US standard is, building infrastructure will create jobs and keep families there thus raising the standard of living in all of Mexico. Sounds like a long shot however back in the late 80's there was a Time magazine article about the US leasing Siberian land from Russia (of course when their economy was crumbling) for I believe 50 or 100 years and American oil and gas companies drill the wells and build the infrastructure. After the lease expired Russia would get it back and the infrastructure would have been built.

Unfortunately a world with no borders is not the answer. The US cannot continue to sustain an 2-3% population group per year.
Slight segue. Have you seen the new HBO documentary on Ann Richard's life? I think that it's HBO.

Anyway, for those of us who are Ann fans, it's a very good (and somewhat entertaining) program.

Wonderful woman. So pathetic that she finally balanced the Texas budget (for the first time in a long time!) and then, it went south when Bush took office.

Typical. She was such a firebrand.

Autumn ... I understand being enthusiastic about helping those children who are immigrating from parts of South and Central America. Hopefully, it'll all work out. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Great documentary. I agree.
Mate, it will be a lot closer than you think. Rick Perry makes Palin look clever. Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
Oops
YAH GOVENOR PERRY!!! ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by autummagick
Yeah....to finally vacate the governor's mansion.