21 words from FISA court

• oeb11
  • 03-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Fact of the matter - Hannity had it Correct and Factualy in his reports.

j666 simply labels anything he disagrees with as a "Trump Lie"

The Facts are cominig out - and will eventually be unavoidable - event to those unable to process intellectually anything other than Fascist DPST narrative.

9500- just deflection and denial- nothing other!!!

Thank You - j666!!!!
how about some expert medical opinion from the fireman next????
Sean Hannity was right and every single Democrat lead by Adam Schiff and every MSM including TV like CNN and MSNBC and newspapers like NYT and WAPO got it wrong. You were lied to repeatedly for 3 years.

The FBI and deep state didn't make "error's", they committed fraud on the FISA court and now a judge has finally said so.

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...collusion-case

The 21 words uttered by FISA court that change the Russia collusion case forever

Judge rules for first time FBI misled, rejecting years of excuse making and suggesting process reforms won't be enough.

For much of the last three years, key law enforcement leaders have insisted they did nothing wrong in pursuing counterintelligence surveillance warrants targeting the Trump campaign starting during the 2016 election. And, they've added, if mistakes were made, they were unintentional process errors downstream from them and not an effort to deceive the judges.

But in a little-noted passage in a recent order, U.S. District Judge James A. Boasberg, the new chief judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, took direct aim at the excuses and blame-shifting of these senior Obama administration FBI and DOJ officials.

In just 21 words, Boasberg provided the first judicial declaration the FBI had misled the court, not just committed process errors. "There is thus little doubt that the government breached its duty of candor to the Court with respect to those applications," Boasberg wrote.

The no-fault mantra has been spread by everyone from President Trump's former deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, who insisted the DOJ took its responsibility to submit "admissible evidence, credible witnesses" very seriously, to the ex-FBI Director James Comey, who declared recently it was "nonsense" to suggest the bureau opened a probe without good cause.

Some of these defenses — including a focus on fixing process suggested by current FBI chief Christopher Wray — have persisted even after Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz issued a damning report in December finding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant applications targeting former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page were riddled with mistakes, including 17 examples of misconduct, misinformation or outright lies.

Judge Boasbergdrew headlines last week for an order suspending all FBI and DOJ lawyers involved in the Russia collusion case from appearing before his court until it is determined whether they engaged in misconduct.

But of greater long-term significance was his language pinning responsibility for FISA abuses squarely on senior officials, not just lower-level line agents and lawyers who prepared the warrant applications.

"The frequency and seriousness of these errors in a case that, given its sensitive nature, had an unusually high level of review at both DOJ and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have called into question the reliability of the information proffered in other FBI applications," Boasberg wrote.
In another words, he is worried the bad conduct exhibited by the FBI may extend to more cases affecting others' civil liberties.

Finally, Boasberg put Wray on notice — even while praising the current director — that process fixes alone won't suffice.
"The errors the OIG pointed out cannot be solved through procedures alone," he wrote. "DOJ and the FBI, including all personnel involved in the FISA process, must fully understand and embrace the heightened duties of probity and transparency that apply in ex parte proceedings."
Boasberg's ruling was far more than a temporary suspension of FBI personnel's participation in the FISA court. It is the first and only judicial finding in the Russia case that the FBI vastly misled the nation's intelligence court and that blame must be shouldered by federal law enforcement's top leaders, many of whom have spent much of the last three years trying to escape such accountability.

For those who have begged the FISA court for years to more aggressively rebuke the conduct in the Russia case, Boasberg's ruling was a welcome step in the right direction and a first effort to end the excuse-making. But those critics are holding out for more, including prosecutions or disciplinary action.
In the meantime, those who led the FBI and DOJ through that turbulent time — Comey and his deputy Andrew McCabe, as well as former acting Attorney General Sally Yates and Rosenstein — must come to grips with this new reality. A judge has formally concluded that his court was misled by the work product they oversaw and signed.

But will they be held accountable for such blatant violation of law? I won't hold my breath.

When I heard this story a short while ago, I went looking for the story to report here, do you think NYT or WAPO or CNN or MSNBC has this story up on their sites? Hell, not even Fox news had it up! Only "Justthenews.com" had the story.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=21+words +FISA+Court&sourceid=opera&ie= UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Well playmates I’m always a little suspicious when I see something regarding “real news” that’s touted by some impartial journalist as the guy behind this “Justthenews” .....I know you IGNORANT and UNEDUCATED Trump Sheep aren’t going to do what I’ve just done , and that’s DIG to see who’s behind this site..
Check out the name John Solomon....yeah he’s nothing more than a Reich Wing hack and a notorious regular contributor to Faux Fake FOX News.
He’s known to be a Trump buddy boy and promoting outrageous Conspiracy theories...regarding Ukraine and the Bidens.

Enough Said...More Trump TV Propaganda. Why don’t they just come out and tell the Truth what they’re all about instead of hiding their real intent.
It doesn’t fool me. Pathetic. But you bozos suck it up every time.. you never learn do you ? Duh !

NIce try but no cigar.

Just the News?? Yeah right...just the Reich Wing News. More like. NEXT
Check out the name John Solomon.... Originally Posted by BlisswithKriss
Solomon is an honest and forthright defender of all that is true and always strives to present the truth, not like so many in the dim praetorian guard masquerading as honest "journalists"

he, and other honest people, present things you don't want to hear and refuse to consider and your only defense is not to present a truthful argument but dismiss the source as untrustworthy when he is trustworthy

Uh, I'm sorry but what does John Solomon have to do with FISA abuse? Are you merely trying to deflect from the FISA abuse story because you don't believe it or you feel like deflection is the only "reasonable" way you can think of to get people not to think of FISA abuse by the FBI, and multiple persons in the Obama administration?

I mean, that was pure desperation on a scale unseen before. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

Comment on a made up story started by John Solomon passed on by Sean Hannity? Talk about desperation.

FOX. Right. Sure.
  • oeb11
  • 03-10-2020, 11:05 AM
9500- Thank you for illustrating the depth of desperation in your Denial.

You along with j666 and ftw realize the FISA court FBI fraud is coming out, and criminal indictments are coming!
Gir your loins DPST's!!!
"There is thus little doubt that the government breached its duty of candor to the Court with respect to those applications," Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Is John Solomon just making shit up? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Just the News?? Yeah right...just the Reich Wing News. More like. NEXT Originally Posted by BlisswithKriss
Comment on a made up story started by John Solomon passed on by Sean Hannity? Talk about desperation. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
The really funny thing about this and the denials of the left is that the OP actually included the link to the government judicial record. Unlike the WAPO, NYT, CNN, MSNBC, etc. etc., the information was actually sourced not some anonymous bullshit.

It's right here. Go read it.

https://www.fisc.uscourts.gov/sites/...B%20200305.pdf

Or do you fine ladies and gents doubt the veracity of the actual record.
I always get a good laugh when I see a "kill the messenger" post.

There's a new judge in town and he's pissed!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...g-carter-page/

FISA Court Blacklists FBI Agents Involved in Surveilling Carter Page

By TOBIAS HOONHOUT

March 5, 2020 10:22 AM

The chief judge on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has barred Justice Department and FBI officials under review for wiretapping former Trump-campaign adviser Carter Page from appearing before the Court.

In a 19-page opinion, Judge James E. Boasberg ordered that “FBI personnel under disciplinary review in relation to their work on FISA applications accordingly should not participate in drafting, verifying, reviewing, or submitting such application to the Court while the review is pending.” He added that any “DOJ or FBI personnel under disciplinary or criminal review” are also prohibited from working on FISA applications.

Let's see if 9500 likes CBS News any better.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fisa-court-judge-bars-doj-fbi-personnel-facing-disciplinary-review-surveillance-warrant-process/

Surveillance court judge bars some DOJ and FBI officials from warrant process

BY CATHERINE HERRIDGE, MELISSA QUINN
MARCH 5, 2020 / 4:45 PM / CBS NEWS

A federal judge on the government's secretive surveillance court said Justice Department and FBI personnel who are under scrutiny for their conduct in a case involving a former Trump campaign aide are barred from participating in the surveillance warrant application process.

U.S. District Judge James Boasberg, the presiding judge on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), issued an order Wednesday setting out an additional framework for the Justice Department and FBI to follow in future FISA proceedings. The order specifies that "no DOJ or FBI personnel under disciplinary or criminal review relating to their work on FISA applications shall participate in drafting, verifying, verifying, reviewing or submitting such applications to the court."

Boasberg's order requires "any finding of misconduct relating to the handling of FISA applications to be swiftly reported to the surveillance court." The court also ordered the Justice Department and FBI to include in applications representation from agency lawyers attesting to the information they contain, a further indication of mistrust in the Justice Department and FBI.

"There is thus little doubt that the government breached its duty of candor to the court with respect to those applications," Boasberg wrote in his opinion. "The frequency and seriousness of these errors in a case that, given its sensitive nature, had an unusually high level of review at both DOJ and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have called into question the reliability of the information proffered in other FBI applications."

Federal law enforcement obtained a warrant to surveil Page in 2016 over suspicions that he was a Russian agent, and the warrant was renewed three times. The FISC grants secret warrants to the FBI when the bureau can show probable cause that the target of their surveillance is an agent of a foreign power.

The inspector general also determined that an FBI attorney, identified as Kevin Clinesmith, altered an email to misstate Page's relationship with the CIA in the fourth renewal application. In the original email, a CIA official acknowledged the agency previously had a relationship with Page and last was in contact with him in 2011. Clinesmith allegedly changed the email to make it appear as if the CIA official said no such relationship existed.

CBS News reported in December that Clinesmith is the subject of a criminal investigation.
The Justice Department and FBI have agreed to undertake remedial measures to address the deficiencies identified by the inspector general and improve the accuracy of surveillance applications, but the court said the law enforcement agencies "must fully understand and embrace the heightened duties of probity and transparency."

In the wake of the inspector general's report, the surveillance court issued an extraordinary public rebuke of the FBI over its handling of the wiretap applications.

I have exceeded my limit of free NYT's articles but I could copy the headline. Got any problem with the NYT's reporting the story 9500?

The really funny thing about this and the denials of the left is that the OP actually included the link to the government judicial record. Unlike the WAPO, NYT, CNN, MSNBC, etc. etc., the information was actually sourced not some anonymous bullshit.

Or do you fine ladies and gents doubt the veracity of the actual record. Originally Posted by eccielover

Thanks! for the backup.

You're up 9500! Describe to the rest of us how it feels to be an idiot caught with his pants down around his ankles. So desperate to deflect from the truth, you show everybody just how far people like you will go to deflect from the truth.

"Kill the messenger". "Kill the messenger" and you think, you hope others will be as ignorant as you just proved yourself to be. Here is your "man the fuck up" test. Will you pass or fail?

But please, point out my grammatical errors if that's all you can come up with.

Or do you fine ladies and gents doubt the veracity of the actual record. Originally Posted by eccielover

And the good news 9500, it's right on the first page so you don't have to read that much!
  • oeb11
  • 03-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Thank You - HF - a well researched rebuttal to the Denial of the Fascist DPST's.
Not that common sense and Facts can hope to change the fake news reality of the "True Believers"!
Thanks! for the backup.

You're up 9500! Describe to the rest of us how it feels to be an idiot caught with his pants down around his ankles. So desperate to deflect from the truth, you show everybody just how far people like you will go to deflect from the truth.

"Kill the messenger". "Kill the messenger" and you think, you hope others will be as ignorant as you just proved yourself to be. Here is your "man the fuck up" test. Will you pass or fail?

But please, point out my grammatical errors if that's all you can come up with. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I got caught with my pants down? A .gov site/cite the first time would have been nice. Don't bring that FOX hole echo chamber from HANNITY around here.

And it's still not a story. I only asked if he was just making shit up. No story here folks. Just wadded panties.

Wash your hands.
Treepers & Freepers have known this stuff for years! John Soloman is a great patriot.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/
http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/news-forum/index

Globalist ECCIErs suck commie ass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/u...veillance.html

Court Bans Agents Who Botched Carter Page Surveillance From Seeking Wiretaps

An opinion and ruling by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court also accepts a series of reforms the F.B.I. said it would make following a damning inspector general report.

By Charlie Savage
March 4, 2020

WASHINGTON — A secretive federal court on Wednesday effectively barred F.B.I. officials involved in the wiretapping of a former Trump campaign adviser from appearing before it in other cases at least temporarily, the latest fallout from an internal inquiry into the bureau’s surveillance of the aide.

A 19-page opinion and order by James E. Boasberg, the chief judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, also largely accepted changes the F.B.I. has said it will make to its process for seeking national-security wiretaps following a damning inspector general report about errors and omissions in applications to monitor the adviser, Carter Page.

But Judge Boasberg ordered law enforcement officials to specifically swear in future cases that the applications to the court contain “all information that might reasonably call into question the accuracy of the information or the reasonableness of any F.B.I. assessment in the application, or otherwise raise doubts about the requested findings.”

While Judge Boasberg also ordered the F.B.I. to report back about its progress on the changes, the move essentially brought to a close the court’s intervention after the report. His predecessor as chief judge in December had ordered the F.B.I. to explain what it would do to regain the confidence of the judges who review wiretap requests.

The order comes as Attorney General William P. Barr has discussed administratively imposing even greater — but as yet unspecified — restrictions on F.B.I. spying conducted under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, and lawmakers are debating legislation that would add more safeguards as federal law.

By contrast, the authority of the FISA court is limited: The court can grant or deny applications but lacks jurisdiction to micromanage how the F.B.I. and the Justice Department organize themselves to put together FISA requests as part of counterterrorism or counterintelligence investigations.

After the inspector general report was released in early December detailing a dysfunctional effort by investigators to seek court permission to surveil Mr. Page, whom they had suspected of being a link between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, the F.B.I. said it would take corrective steps.

Officials said the bureau would start enhanced training and use checklists to reduce the risk of repeating one of the significant breakdowns in the process: Evidence casting doubt on investigators’ suspicions about Mr. Page failed to reach the court.

The F.B.I. has also since said it will starting requiring field office agents, rather than headquarters supervisors, to sign factual affidavits describing their cases to the court. That was a key suggestion of David S. Kris, a FISA expert whom Judge Boasberg had appointed to critique the government’s changes. Mr. Kris told the judge that the F.B.I.’s initial changes did not go far enough.

Lawmakers have been debating more sweeping changes, such as requiring judges to appoint an outsider to critique the government’s arguments more frequently. The proposals ranged from requiring the critiques only in cases involving First Amendment activity, like political campaigns and religious worship, to a broader call to use them in all cases involving Americans.

Some civil liberties advocates want to go even further by permitting defense lawyers to read FISA applications when their clients are prosecuted on the basis of evidence from a national-security wiretap to ensure that the applications were candid and complete. Defense lawyers are permitted to do that in ordinary criminal cases, but not national security investigations.

The inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, found that four applications to wiretap Mr. Page, starting in October 2016 and extending through the summer of 2017, gave the court an incomplete and inaccurate picture of the evidence, including facts that undercut the F.B.I.’s belief that he might be a Russian agent.

Before the second renewal request, the F.B.I. talked to a source for a notorious set of claims about Mr. Trump and Russia, the so-called Steele dossier, that had formed part of the basis of the Page applications. The source contradicted certain claims the dossier had attributed to him, but the Justice Department did not tell the court.

The Justice Department has subsequently acknowledged to the FISA court that the full spectrum of evidence about Mr. Page available by the final two renewal applications in 2017 fell short of the legal standard to justify his continued surveillance.

While Mr. Horowitz did not find evidence to confirm Republican conspiracy theories that the Russia investigation and surveillance of Mr. Page were a high-level plot to sabotage Mr. Trump for political reasons, he rejected as unsatisfactory the excuse that the officials working on the applications were busy and referred all of them for internal investigation.

Judge Boasberg’s new order also directed that no Justice Department or F.B.I. officials “under disciplinary or criminal review relating to their work on FISA applications shall participate in drafting, verifying, reviewing or submitting such applications to the court.”

That ban would thus appear to cover the case agent whom the inspector general singled out as “primarily responsible for some of the most significant errors and omissions” in the Page wiretap applications, and who was among those referred for disciplinary review.

The report did not name him, but The New York Times has identified him as Stephen M. Somma, a counterintelligence investigator in the F.B.I.’s New York field office. The disciplinary review process takes some time, and the internal scrutiny of Mr. Somma and his colleagues is ongoing.

Meanwhile, lawmakers pressing for changes to the surveillance powers regrouped on Wednesday after Mr. Trump pressed Republicans at the White House a night earlier to draft a set of changes that could pass Congress and he could sign into law.

Aides to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the top House Republican, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, met to sort out where they may be able to agree on new privacy protections after an earlier legislative effort broke down amid disagreements about how far to go.

“McCarthy said that he thought he and Nancy Pelosi might come up with a package,” Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters. “Well, if that happens, that’s a big breakthrough.”

Congress faces a deadline of March 15, when three F.B.I. national-security surveillance and investigative tools enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks are set to expire. While none of those tools were involved in the problematic Page wiretap applications, they have been caught up in the debate because any legislation to extend them is seen as a vehicle to for broader FISA changes.

Nicholas Fandos contributed reporting.

Charlie Savage is a Washington-based national security and legal policy correspondent. A recipient of the Pulitzer Prize, he previously worked at The Boston Globe and The Miami Herald. His most recent book is “Power Wars: The Relentless Rise of Presidential Authority and Secrecy.” @charlie_savage • Facebook

A version of this article appears in print on March 5, 2020, Section A, Page 18 of the New York edition with the headline: Surveillance Court Bars F.B.I. Agents From Page Case.
I got caught with my pants down? A .gov site/cite the first time would have been nice. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
What are you continuing to babble on about. The .gov site/cite was in the OP. Or didn't you even bother to really read it, just dismiss it because of your perception of the source?

You sir as well as ignorance is Bliss most certainly got caught with your pants down.
  • oeb11
  • 03-10-2020, 07:33 PM
9500- did indeed get caught out.

Something that can assuage the DPST "feelings"!

She and YSL make a very "interesting" pair - for DPST's!!