Liberal/Conservatives Test

justice is an equal application of the law

the test is most likely bullshit because it has imbedded in it someone's standard of fairness, harms, etc..when liberals and conservatives have basic differences of belief in what causes harm or what creates fairness
The store owner hires him so he does not have to steal to fed his family anymore Originally Posted by WTF
And that would be what is called 'charity'.

I'm a lawyer, too. So don't try to hide behind some fancy words or an intellectual midget like John Rawls. Here, let's start with something easy.

A guy walks into a convenience store. He steals a loaf of bread because his family didn't have any food. What is the "fair" result? What is the "just" result? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
They are both the same. He may be punished, but not punished as heavily as someone who steals for a lesser reason. And the society tries to get help for his family.

And if you think both John Rawls and Lord Keynes are anything less than among the most influential thinkers of the 20th century, that just goes to show why we have very, very different world views. I'd list them on a list of the five most important intellectuals of the 20th century. Along with Bertrand Russell and two others. Maybe Henri Levi Stauss; John Kenneth Galbraith? But Keynes and Rawls would make my list.
there are several studies on the site.

which one did you go to?
Why is stealing any different if it is done out of need, or any other reason? Stealing is against the law. How do you punish motives? That is asking too much from the system. Why would this action require society to do anything? That is, if you mean by society the government must do something. You completely ignored other possibilities, and went straight to government. This is the problem. The questions I would ask are:

1. Did he ever ask anyone for help? Could he have gone to the store and asked for bread explaining his situation?
2. How did he get in the situation? Is it bad money management? Are there habits involved that need to be addressed?
3. Does he have family? If they won't help the child, why not?

There is so much more that needs to be determined, but you went straight to "The government must do something." It makes me fear for my country.

WTF, why would anyone hire someone who is caught stealing from him?