ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit brought to tears discussing racial injustice on 'College GameDay'

More WSND trope.

Yous wanna turn the tables on the world, boys? Practice your free throws, eh!

Hit the weights pile.

Puff out that manly chest! Yous alone can restore WSND diversity quotas to sports.

LOLLING! Originally Posted by HoeHummer
once again, you've taken the wrong take

I agree the best should play
I never understood Petrino. He sure made a lot of stupid choices. I don't know why he even left Louisville in the 1st place. He should have had the same thought process as Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. All you have to do is when 10 games on occasion and everyone is happy.

The way he left the Falcons was comical. Those players probably still hate his ass. Those guys were pissed. Then he had a decent gig at Arkansas and fucked that up crashing a motorcycle with a bimbo who was not his wife. And then he goes back to Louisville and had some good years and then went to shit. And now he is at Missouri State... he's obviously a very good offensive minded coach. He should be coaching at a better football school than that. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
+1

Petrino is an excellant offensive coach. Arkansas should have never fired him. They should have just suspended/fined him. They brought in the guy from the University of Wisconsin to replace him. At the end of his 4 years the University Arkansas football team looked like a division 1AA team at best. They became unwatchable. Just think in the 1964 season they won the NCAA with Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson on the team. In 1969 they had the 15-14 game with Texas ( Pres Nixon watched and called the Texas locker room after the game the teams were ranked 1&2). It has been terrible since Petrino left.
so help me out here

playing 85% blacks on a team is based on talent

but everywhere else is based on diversity or even worse? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
That is an excellent point! We need to end this divisive and constant fixation on race which is used by both sides to hopelessly divide the country.
bahhaaa. several excellent points and you are right on all of them. mostly. Petrino left to test his mettle in the NFL. who knows what he could have done with Vick? look what Andy Reid did later with Vick after what .. 4 years in jail? give either Petrino a former QB himself or Reid with Mikey in his prime .. we will never know. so while his leaving to Arkansas was ugly .. he nor Blank ever expected what happened to Vick. in hindsight of course he would have stayed at UofL.

yeah he left Atlanta in a rather ugly way. we UofL fans (i am an alum) found that satisfying .. even while his replacement Steve Kragthorpe began to implode. leaving index cards in player's lockers. bahhaaaaa. uh .. not very classy but that was never Bozo's strong suit.

he did win at Arkansas. and that affair wasn't fatal if not for that fact he used his influence to get that bimbo a job in the athletic dept. then lied about to to Scott Long the AD. if it was just a personal dalliance it wouldn't have cost him his job. and Arkansas hasn't been shit since. go figure.

strange you cite Kirk Ferentz. i despise that overrated asshole. and i don't even care about the BIG 10. i'm not sure why i hate that bum so bad except that he sucks as a coach. yeah i guess Iowa fans will take a 10 win year .. every 3 to 4 years .. but suffer some suck ass years in between ..at UofL that won't cut it. Howard the Great set the tone. only two head coaches since 1983 haven't won at UofL. Kragthorpe and Ron Cooper. today if they fired Ron Cooper they'd burn down half the campus. that bum was so over-matched they stipulated in his contract he needed to hire a top staff to make up for his sorry black ass. that lisping faggot from ND which i despise more than any college coach ever .. even Ferentz .. Lou Skippy FAG Holtz .. recommended Cooper who was an assistance under Skippy Fag Holtz.

https://www.newspapers.com/image/110391459/

you may not be able to read this since you'd need a subscription to newspapers.com

screen shot .. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Lou Holtz is a fine coach and is not a faggot.

I'm not sure about Popovich, though.

No question about Assup!
That is an excellent point! We need to end this divisive and constant fixation on race which is used by both sides to hopelessly divide the country. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Affirmation action was put because if Bush43 can be admitted into Harvard MBA with a 2.7 GPA and a minority can't get in with a 3.0 GPA , then the playing field will never be level. If you had applied to Harvard MBA the same time as Bush43 and your GPA was 3.5, Bush would have been admitted and you would have been rejected. Affirmation action tries to level the playing field. In sports the best talent plays because winning is everything, especially from college on up.
Affirmation action was put because if Bush43 can be admitted into Harvard MBA with a 2.7 GPA and a minority can't get in with a 3.0 GPA , then the playing field will never be level. If you had applied to Harvard MBA the same time as Bush43 and your GPA was 3.5, Bush would have been admitted and you would have been rejected. Affirmation action tries to level the playing field. In sports the best talent plays because winning is everything, especially from college on up. Originally Posted by adav8s28
This is a false equivalency by a long shot and a very weak argument. While someone who is rich and a legacy can buy their way in and I agree it is a shitty policy it actually works more against poor whites than anyone else - because an academically superior poor white student is the person not admitted when an inferior rich white legacy student buys their way into the school.

Affirmative action and quotas reserve spaces for poorly performing minorities other than Asians.

The solution (if we must persist in this racial system) to the previous practice of exclusion of minorities would have been to create more slots at the Ivy League schools, and all other institutions practicing quotas/affirmative action/diversity, so the same approximate percentage of deserving as well as legacy white students could be admitted, and then the school should have expanded to let in the less qualified (academically) minority/affirmative action admits.

So, if Harvard at one point let in 2000 white students per year, it should continue to let in 2000 white students and then add another 2000 or so slots for the affirmative action/quota admits, and the well deserving and academically superior Asian students.
Affirmation action was put because if Bush43 can be admitted into Harvard MBA with a 2.7 GPA and a minority can't get in with a 3.0 GPA , then the playing field will never be level. If you had applied to Harvard MBA the same time as Bush43 and your GPA was 3.5, Bush would have been admitted and you would have been rejected. Affirmation action tries to level the playing field. In sports the best talent plays because winning is everything, especially from college on up. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Hey, winning is everything in business - why can't they put in the best players?
will never happen. BronBron is ...
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You are right about one thing. Lebron James will never be broke again with the 140 million dollar max contact he has with the Lakers. This is on top of what he has already earned. He's got a mansion in Florida and LA. The one in Florida is up for sale for 15 million give or take a million or two. If he wins another title before he retires, will have to move him to number 2 all time greatest and make Kolbe Bryant #3. Michael Jordan will always be #1 all time greatest player. No one is going to catch him and I am a Laker fan. I don't think we will ever see another Jim Brown in football, Michael Jordan in Basketball or a pitcher as great as Sandy Koufax. We may see somone else hit 700 home runs in baseball. Alex Rodriguez hit 696 and then stop playing when the Yankees released him. He still could have been a DH for another team. The Yankees gave AROD 27 million plus to not even play. It just shows how the profitable the Yankees must be to a player 27 million plus to not even play or suit up for a game.
You are right about one thing. Lebron James will never be broke again with the 140 million dollar max contact he has with the Lakers. This is on top of what he has already earned. He's got a mansion in Florida and LA. The one in Florida is up for sale for 15 million give or take a million or two. If he wins another title before he retires, will have to move him to number 2 all time greatest and make Kolbe Bryant #3. Michael Jordan will always be #1 all time greatest player. No one is going to catch him and I am a Laker fan. I don't think we will ever see another Jim Brown in football, Michael Jordan in Basketball or a pitcher as great as Sandy Koufax. We may see somone else hit 700 home runs in baseball. Alex Rodriguez hit 696 and then stop playing when the Yankees released him. He still could have been a DH for another team. The Yankees gave AROD 27 million plus to not even play. Originally Posted by adav8s28
I agree LeBron will not catch Jordan. Lebron has quite a few losses on his playoff record and was not as inspiring as Jordan.

As for Lebron not going broke, tough to say - he has a lot of people on his payroll.

Affirmative action and quotas reserve spaces for poorly performing minorities other than Asians.

The solution (if we must persist in this racial system) to the previous practice of exclusion of minorities would have been to create more slots at the Ivy League schools, and all other institutions practicing quotas/affirmative action/diversity, so the same approximate percentage of deserving as well as legacy white students could be admitted, and then the school should have expanded to let in the less qualified (academically) minority/affirmative action admits.

So, if Harvard at one point let in 2000 white students per year, it should continue to let in 2000 white students and then add another 2000 or so slots for the affirmative action/quota admits, and the well deserving and academically superior Asian students. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Two things:

What do you call Bush43's 2.7 GPA as a history major at Yale? Which was enough to get him admitted into Harvard MBA program. It was not enough to get him into Law School at the University of Texas at Austin (His application was rejected).

Harvard MBA is not going to double the number of slots available. No school is going to do that.

Question for Kamala Harris went to Law School at the University of California Hastings. Pence I think went to the University of Indiana. Which law school is ranked higher?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
You are right about one thing. Lebron James will never be broke again with the 140 million dollar max contact he has with the Lakers. This is on top of what he has already earned. He's got a mansion in Florida and LA. The one in Florida is up for sale for 15 million give or take a million or two. If he wins another title before he retires, will have to move him to number 2 all time greatest and make Kolbe Bryant #3. Michael Jordan will always be #1 all time greatest player. No one is going to catch him and I am a Laker fan. I don't think we will ever see another Jim Brown in football, Michael Jordan in Basketball or a pitcher as great as Sandy Koufax. We may see somone else hit 700 home runs in baseball. Alex Rodriguez hit 696 and then stop playing when the Yankees released him. He still could have been a DH for another team. The Yankees gave AROD 27 million plus to not even play. It just shows how the profitable the Yankees must be to a player 27 million plus to not even play or suit up for a game. Originally Posted by adav8s28

Bill Russell is the GOAT

Damn right we need to do better. Why not build housing projects in africa and send em all there?
I

As for Lebron not going broke, tough to say - he has a lot of people on his payroll. Originally Posted by friendly fred
mike tyson , evander holyfield, m.c. hammer, tons of hip hoppers - they all went broke
Hell when Elvis died he only had 3 million - he had payroll for sure- “this is charlie hodge, he brings me my scarves and my water “

Glad you didn’t say “posse” instead of “a lot of people”
Le bron gets mad if you say he has a posse
Hey, winning is everything in business - why can't they put in the best players? Originally Posted by friendly fred
Did Harvard MBA put in its best class when they accepted Bush43 with that 2.7 GPA in Hisory from Yale University. Answer that question and you will have your answer. Nothing else really needs to be said.
You mention a few guys, well you mention one, constantly, from rich families who buy their way in

That’s doesn’t begin to compare

You have no argument