Have you ever been really scared?

i have feared death three times. not going in details about it. its very personal. i feel i have to tell so much about me when i talk about that things. But one time of these three it was not my death it was watching my sister almost die. That made me so protective about my sister that whenever she has pain its more painful for me now than my own pain. One of the things that i am most devoted about in my life is keeping my sister happy. And being there for her.
No never and I have literally faced death a couple times and came thru...never fear the unknown just face it... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Who said fear the unknown? Where did that come from?
I've most definitely felt those emotions, on several occasions...and unfortunately spiders give me those feelings as well!
i have feared death three times. not going in details about it. its very personal. i feel i have to tell so much about me when i talk about that things. But one time of these three it was not my death it was watching my sister almost die. That made me so protective about my sister that whenever she has pain its more painful for me now than my own pain. One of the things that i am most devoted about in my life is keeping my sister happy. And being there for her. Originally Posted by ninasastri
That is very powerful. Thank you for sharing. I understand what you say.
I am sorry about your cat.It is sad because we want them to live for so much longer than they are able to.It is interesting because while I think my endorphins have helped in both situations. When it has been my own life at risk I have always been able to find the high in it. When it is a loved one at risk you just feel helpless over it.The endorphins numb, but no high just exhaustion after.

I know exactly how that feels.....don`t really want to think about it. I have two cats. One of them died in 2008 but i still refer to having 2 cats its strange.. .....mini nervous breakdowns....i know èm all too well. Originally Posted by ninasastri
I am sorry about your cat.It is sad because we want them to live for so much longer than they are able to.It is interesting because while I think my endorphins have helped in both situations. When it has been my own life at risk I have always been able to find the high in it. When it is a loved one at risk you just feel helpless over it.The endorphins numb, but no high just exhaustion after. Originally Posted by Becky
true too, i had the same feeling when my cat had cancer... The shock is so exhausting and numbing and crippling your vision at the same time. I had the cat since i was 8 years old and even though he was 15 years, i did not realize that eventually he has to go anyway and he is old for a cat. Plus, i felt that if he dies, i will drop dead too. I don`t know why. It was just such an overwhelming feeling. I did not feel any endorphins rush when he was sick. It was just so exhausting and numbing. I did not want to feel anything anymore when he was dead. You never know if you did everything right, if it was ok how i cared for him in the end, if i could or should have done something different. At some point i just wanted to put everything far away from me and not feel anything anymore.
God, yes. I've been so terrified that I didn't have the presence of mind to know how scared I really was at the time. As its happening (real time), its the most constricting, awful feeling. But later...after there's been time to slow your breathing, still the pounding in your ears, and return to your normal level of adrenaline...all you can think of is how intense that was.
Just once when I had a gun to my head. It took place so fast, I don't think I would have felt much of anything because I was in shock. I could barely run up the 3 flights of stairs to call 911, but luckily they caught him in 9 min. and he got 15 years. Gotta appreciate Jefferson Parish P.D. Had this been Orleans Parish where I live now, the guy would probably still be out there doing this to someone else.

I also got hit by a big truck a couple weeks before my first wedding. I was jogging and he passed a stop sign...hit me head on. I flew about 6 feet and had no broken bones. I did not even feel much until the next day.
I admit I like it.
I race cars too now that I think about it. I wonder if that is because I have a need to chase the dragon. Let's see. Great sex. Awesome sex. I'm tired, sore sex. Hmmm. A pattern here I think. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

Hahaha..

Well thought I would share this old but funny video. Talk about someone being scared silly.. btw never heard a man scream like that before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GI5PbO6j50
I also got hit by a big truck a couple weeks before my first wedding. Originally Posted by London Rayne
A premonition?
Yea the marriage lasted 6 months and my parents are out 33k. They told me the second time I would have to get married in the back yard....I did.
Yes, more than once.

Afraid to die? No. But that does not mean you cannot be scared as hell before dying. Probably more afraid (or scared) of being an invalid and not being able to take care of myself than dying.

I am not afraid of death, but the pain before actually dying. Death is easy.
I've been in a 7.0 earthquake that flattened half my town, a sandstorm that blasted the paint off my truck and nearly choked me, a tornado that blew out my rear car window while I was stuck on a bridge, a flood that took my house and everything I owned (jeez, Mother Nature must not like me much), and a bad wreck that totaled my car and left a streetlight poking through my passenger seat. Each time I had a few seconds to actually ask myself if I was going to die, but I always jumped past that to assessing the possibilities and what to do to get out intact and how to help anyone around me.

The few times I've been shaken to the core of my being and scared to death had nothing to do with adrenaline, but were situations that I couldn't think, act, or talk myself around, like losing my daughter in birth 23 years ago, or crying in a waiting room with one of my beloved chihuahuas hanging onto life by a thread while undergoing emergency surgery. (I really sympathize and am glad Ed is okay, Becky, and am so sorry about your cat, ninasastri.) As long as I believe that there is an option or a way out, I'm okay, but when something occurs that leaves me feeling powerless and helpless to improve or avoid, that makes me afraid, and angry.
Yes! When ole C&C was abt 13-14 yrs old & the original movie of "The Thing" was shown. It was the early or mid-50s & was filmed in black & white. The role of the creature was played by James Arness in his first movie. Of course one never saw his face without his mask makeup. C&C pulled his feet up into the chair seat, in case somethink came from underneath. The usually fearless C&G laid awake for two nights, watching his DARK, open bedroom door & imagined a huge (Arness was 6'7" tall), ominous figure coming through it. Finally slept the 3rd night from sheer exhaustion. Been in Marines & fights since, but never that frightened again. Whew!