Is Free Speech dead in America?

Turn off your TV and start looking for it.

BAHAHAHAHAQQQQISH Originally Posted by bambino
Please stop stalking me, big fella. I’m straight.
Please stop stalking me, big fella. I’m straight. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
If you say so!!!!!!
Well yes you will be canceled woke and publicly humiliated ,,, all for telling the truth
I looked but I didn't see anywhere in the Constitution where speech had to be true, just free. If you want true then you going to have to have a lot of little committees to decided if something is true, a delusion (true to the speaker), or a mistake. The founders wisely decided to stay out of that but in the intervening years we have come up with news about libel and slander. So a judge or jury can decide the intent of the accused but only if there is any damage. Some DOTYs should be painfully aware of their past meanderings.
I looked but I didn't see anywhere in the Constitution where speech had to be true, just free. If you want true then you going to have to have a lot of little committees to decided if something is true, a delusion (true to the speaker), or a mistake. The founders wisely decided to stay out of that but in the intervening years we have come up with news about libel and slander. So a judge or jury can decide the intent of the accused but only if there is any damage. Some DOTYs should be painfully aware of their past meanderings. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Actually, I think one person holds all the DOTY titles.
I looked but I didn't see anywhere in the Constitution where speech had to be true, just free. If you want true then you going to have to have a lot of little committees to decided if something is true, a delusion (true to the speaker), or a mistake. The founders wisely decided to stay out of that but in the intervening years we have come up with news about libel and slander. So a judge or jury can decide the intent of the accused but only if there is any damage. Some DOTYs should be painfully aware of their past meanderings. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Libel and slander buddy.

The constitution doesn’t codify that, does it?

Does that mean truth isn’t important?

Painfully aware indeed! LOL
Libel and slander buddy.

The constitution doesn’t codify that, does it?

Does that mean truth isn’t important?

Painfully aware indeed! LOL Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Did you create the HoeHummer account? The TRUTH please!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAQQQishkabish
I don't understand why anyone would want censorship. Because T R U M P?
No, free speech isn't dead, yet but the death march has started and even many Democrats are begrudgingly acknowledging as much in calling for changes at big tech.

Why not just start "The Ministry of Truth" and get it over with because that's were we are or are surely heading.

Asking any questions about Covid that doesn't pass the Ministry of Truths guidelines, are slandered at best and banned at worst. Can you ask, start a conversation of Facebook or Twitter and ask how many people have died after getting vaccinated? Nope. Can you question the wisdom or "science" of people already having had Covid and recovered, should be getting vaccinated with antibodies that supposedly are just as effective ( if not better than the vaccine) already in their bodies? Go ahead, start that conversation on Twitter or Facebook and see how long you last.

You may not question what the Biden administration has mandated if you want to exist on Facebook or Twitter and there are hundreds of examples of that being the truth.

Asking questions about administration mandates, is not peddling mis-information. It is precisely the opposite, it is asking for information.

Did you see the picture of Kamala and her HUSBAND, both vaccinating, kissing each other with their masks on? WTF is that if not theater at best and false propaganda at worst? Two people in the same household, both vaccinated and outside, surrounded by other vaccinated people ( or they wouldn't be there ) do not need to wear a mask. So, ask the question, why? If you want people to believe that getting a vaccine prevents you from getting Covid, for fucks sake, act like it!
"You may not question what the Biden administration has mandated if you want to exist on Facebook or Twitter and there are hundreds of examples of that being the truth."

You may be correct, I don't know. I know of one. Of the hundreds, can you show me, maybe say, fifty other examples blocked for political views.
I don't understand why anyone would want censorship. Because T R U M P? Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Because some people don't want to hear uncomfortable truths or any opinions that challenge theirs, and they'd rather threaten violence than develop a coping mechanism.

If you want people to believe that getting a vaccine prevents you from getting Covid, for fucks sake, act like it!
I think it was Rand Paul who recently said that if biden wants people to get vaccinated that he should have burned his mask at that idiotic speech.
Contrary to much of the rhetoric surrounding Donald Trump’s ban from Facebook, this is not an issue of free speech. Everyone has the right to free speech. Everyone does not have the right to the global transmission of his speech via a private company’s platform. Similarly, everyone has the right to travel, but only if they follow the rules. President Donald Trump abused his Facebook privileges by violating the applicable body of rules. He has an inviolable right to exercise his speech elsewhere.

However I also believe that facebook, google, twitter all need to be broken up just like they did to at&t back in the day.
Contrary to much of the rhetoric surrounding Donald Trump’s ban from Facebook, this is not an issue of free speech. Everyone has the right to free speech. Everyone does not have the right to the global transmission of his speech via a private company’s platform. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
I just wanted to post this again, for all the morons, who think being kicked off twitter, infringes on free speech.

Do you also think pedos should be allowed to post whatever they want on twitter?
I just wanted to post this again, for all the morons, who think being kicked off twitter, infringes on free speech.

Do also think pedos should be allowed to post whatever they want on twitter? Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
He “young” fella, translate your last sentence. Is that millennial speak? Do do do, da da da.