If the Feds Won't Do It...

Press 1 for English.
Press 2 to be deported. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
ROTFLMAO Now there is an automated phone system I could get behind.
Just luv all this "give me your tired, your poor" attitude.

Don't you guys/gals have any pride in US history???
You want to live here. Follow the rules.
Some fuckn ignorant people out there!
Just luv all this "give me your tired, your poor" attitude.

Don't you guys/gals have any pride in US history??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
See Charlie, the difference is my Great Great (Great?) Grandpappy didn't sneak into the Country in the dead of night. When he got off the boat he registered with the authorities & they said "Welcome Mr. Comedy. Oh and learn some English."
See Charlie, the difference is my Great Great (Great?) Grandpappy didn't sneak into the Country in the dead of night. When he got off the boat he registered with the authorities & they said "Welcome Mr. Comedy. Oh and learn some English." Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Word!
Probable cause is as easy as this; any police officer is entitled to ask any person for id. And that goes in any state of the union. Can't produce US ID, say bye bye.
See Charlie, the difference is my Great Great (Great?) Grandpappy didn't sneak into the Country in the dead of night. When he got off the boat he registered with the authorities & they said "Welcome Mr. Comedy. Oh and learn some English." Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Mr. Comedy probably came from Europe, is my guess. At the same time he landed, there was virtually no screening on the Mexican border. Trip to Ellis Island will tell you that much.

Now the whole effort is geared against Hispanics. Not Canadians, not Israelis, not Europeans. Just Hispanics.

And BTW, the "learn some English" didn't always work. The Polish enclave in Detroit had non-English speakers in it well into the 20th Century.

And the English-only movement has been over-ruled by the rule of law in a number of instances. You follow only the rules you like? Or all of them?
Probable cause is as easy as this; any police officer is entitled to ask any person for id. And that goes in any state of the union. Can't produce US ID, say bye bye. Originally Posted by John Bull
The only ID I carry with me all the time is an ID card issued by a state. I can't get a DL due to a disability. I have a passport but don't carry it unless I'm traveling. Guess I'm going to jail...

...course all you guys will cheer since I'll be off the board.
Mr. Comedy probably came from Europe, is my guess. At the same time he landed, there was virtually no screening on the Mexican border. ? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Yeah, 150 years ago Mexicans were welcome to come into our Country as well....I'm sure some of them did and broke bread with my ancestor...point is, this isn't the 1800's things have changed

Guess I'm going to jail...

...course all you guys will cheer since I'll be off the board. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Charles, I hope you don't end up in jail, but if you do you will probably find liberal facility that believes access to the internet and eccie.net is your constitiutional right. If that is the case I just hope you will adopt a "no review policy" -- we really don't want to read about your exploits in there: wavetowel2:
The only ID I carry with me all the time is an ID card issued by a state. I can't get a DL due to a disability. I have a passport but don't carry it unless I'm traveling. Guess I'm going to jail...

...course all you guys will cheer since I'll be off the board. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I'll be happy to send you brownies but unhappy you're off the Board, Lord Tudor.
I'll be happy to send you brownies but unhappy you're off the Board, Lord Tudor. Originally Posted by John Bull
Brownies will be deeply appreciated.

However, I'm worried. Can't sleep with my mouth and my ass against the wall at the same time.
Yeah, I for one always pay strict attention to the opinions of celebrities when I'm voting. Originally Posted by pjorourke

Statistic Facts to Sum it all up:

Of ALL people living in the USA right now.....the taxpayers compromise 40% and they are paying more than 70% of taxes. Out of those not paying taxes, more than 50% are on unemployment (most over a year which is ridiculous) and the others are on some form of government assistance. Those on government assistance are 85% more likely to be uneducated or undereducated. It is THOSE un and under educated people that make up most of the majority of the country right now. That is a sad fact, statistically speaking. Out of those who have little to no education- these people comprise most of the voters who do in fact vote for most anything ignorant and also most anything free. They are also the ones most inclined and influenced to listen to and follow the direction of what someone tells them on television. It is out of this sheer ignorance and stupidity that our country is in the state it is now. Just because you dont choose something out of ignorance doesnt mean someone else wont. And that someone else is usually the majority- in this case it is.

KKA
Statistic Facts to Sum it all up:

Of ALL people living in the USA right now.....the taxpayers compromise 40% and they are paying more than 70% of taxes. Out of those not paying taxes, more than 50% are on unemployment (most over a year which is ridiculous) and the others are on some form of government assistance. Those on government assistance are 85% more likely to be uneducated or undereducated. It is THOSE un and under educated people that make up most of the majority of the country right now. That is a sad fact, statistically speaking. Out of those who have little to no education- these people comprise most of the voters who do in fact vote for most anything ignorant and also most anything free. They are also the ones most inclined and influenced to listen to and follow the direction of what someone tells them on television. It is out of this sheer ignorance and stupidity that our country is in the state it is now. Just because you dont choose something out of ignorance doesnt mean someone else wont. And that someone else is usually the majority- in this case it is.

KKA Originally Posted by KlassyKelliAnn
So, I'll just jump out there with this question: how many on this board pay the full taxes they owe? Now think about this before you jump out there. It's really easy to cheat on taxes in a business that is mostly cash. And some of the entrepreneurs out there probably pay accountants a pretty good sum to avoid all possible taxes, and even some that aren't possible.

I pay my fair share, or more than my fair share and I don't begrudge it. Although there is a lot of balderdash about the gov't wasting money, I think for the most part we get our money's worth. We don't even come close to the graft that occurs in other countries.
Tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is not. I avoid.