Another Obama Outrage

• Doove
  • 11-07-2011, 04:18 AM
link? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Post #7. Nice try though.
  • Laz
  • 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM
85,000 pages and nothing. Your Obama hatred is becoming quite psychotic. Originally Posted by Doove
If there is nothing to find why not just provide the info. There should be nothing the administration does that is private with the only exception being national security. Even that should be reviewable by an appropriate congressional process.
Why is it that we can pass Obamacare on a party line vote, after threats and bribes are made to Democrats, and it is wonderful? Remember, we had to pass it so "we could find out what's in it."

But when a subpoena is issued on a party line vote, it's a partisan attack?

Here's a bit more.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/11/07/wh...ing-with-solyn

• Doove
  • 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
If there is nothing to find why not just provide the info. Originally Posted by Laz
Beats me. Maybe it's because it sounds as if the Republicans don't seem to be asking for specific records. Instead, it sounds as if the subpoena is for anything and everything that might have anything at all to do with Solyndra. If there were already 85,000 pages turned over on this, i can only imagine how many pages would need to be reviewed by the administration to see if they would need to be turned over. Hundreds of thousands? I mean really. Sounds pretty preposterous, since they've found nothing tangible with the 85,000 pages already turned over. It's a fishing expedition if ever there was one.
  • Laz
  • 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Beats me. Maybe it's because it sounds as if the Republicans don't seem to be asking for specific records. Instead, it sounds as if the subpoena is for anything and everything that might have anything at all to do with Solyndra. If there were already 85,000 pages turned over on this, i can only imagine how many pages would need to be reviewed by the administration to see if they would need to be turned over. Hundreds of thousands? I mean really. Sounds pretty preposterous, since they've found nothing tangible with the 85,000 pages already turned over. It's a fishing expedition if ever there was one. Originally Posted by Doove

So, let them fish. If everything was done correctly they still need to determine what changes are needed to prevent this type of incredibly bad decision from happening again.
  • Doove
  • 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
So, let them fish. If everything was done correctly they still need to determine what changes are needed to prevent this type of incredibly bad decision from happening again. Originally Posted by Laz
Oh please. As if this is necessary for that.
Beats me. Maybe it's because it sounds as if the Republicans don't seem to be asking for specific records. Instead, it sounds as if the subpoena is for anything and everything that might have anything at all to do with Solyndra. If there were already 85,000 pages turned over on this, i can only imagine how many pages would need to be reviewed by the administration to see if they would need to be turned over. Hundreds of thousands? I mean really. Sounds pretty preposterous, since they've found nothing tangible with the 85,000 pages already turned over. It's a fishing expedition if ever there was one. Originally Posted by Doove
So how do they ask for specific records when they don't know what records exist? Typical political "try to catch me" tactic. It takes only a few clicks to provide the info. But of course, you are blind to anything Obama does that might not conform to your idolization of him.

Here's another for you:

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-...nkrupt?page=12

But somehow, you will make this Bush's fault.

• Laz
  • 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh please. As if this is necessary for that. Originally Posted by Doove
If it was my call none of these loan guarantees would be happening so it would not be necessary. However, since I am not in charge I will defer to those working on this as to what they need. If Obama does not like providing information that should be publicly available then tough.
  • Doove
  • 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
But of course, you are blind to anything Obama does that might not conform to your idolization of him. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
My idolization of him is trumped by your hatred of him. I'm not the one going around the internet looking for every penny ante thing i can find to come here and praise the man. Unlike you, who can't go a day without coming up with 2 or 3 different things to post, claiming he's the anti-christ.

All i'm doing is defending the man from your stupidity.
He's not the anti-christ......You probably think Rush Limbaugh is!
Sorry, been, and still am, out of the country and haven't been checking the boards. Congressional subpoena power over the executive branch is not exactly like a court subpoena. There are very specific procedures for enforcing a subpoena that, at least thus far, the Congress has not initiated. When and if they do -- and they seldom do -- both the House and the Whitehouse will have an opportunity to make their case before a Federal District Court. Until then, this is just political posturing by both sides.

It's interesting, however, that this sort of partisan bickering, political back and forth, is not really reported in the international press. They just report the big picture stuff, which lately is 1) the U.S. is completely dysfunctional, with the blame falling almost exclusively on the Republican refusal to consider anything on the revenue side; 2) and that we don't see to give a shit that Europe is about to start a global financial collapse. Meanwhile, this is what's making news at home. Sort of revealing on why the rest of the world views us the way that they do.
Doove, I don't hate anyone. I despise what this President is trying to do to my country, and I despised what the prior several Presidents have tried to do. But I don't hate Obama. Hell, I don't even hate TTH.

By the way, TTH, I could give a shit less what the Europeans think of us. We broke away from them for a reason.
Well, you may give a shit when our failure to act responsibly it regard to their debt crisis leads them to say, "Fuck it all. If the U.S. isn't going to do their share, let the world economy crash!" I'm moving into more defensive positions with my investments on a daily basis even though I'm out of the U.S. the next few days.
Gawd! Your investments again! Get over yourself. How can we save Europe when we are on the verge of collapse ourselves? Well, protect your investments.
Well, you may give a shit when our failure to act responsibly it regard to their debt crisis leads them to say, "Fuck it all. If the U.S. isn't going to do their share, let the world economy crash!" I'm moving into more defensive positions with my investments on a daily basis even though I'm out of the U.S. the next few days. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Ok, I am trying to follow your disjointed logic. You have been saying how much better Europe is because of their health care, tax system, and social programs. Now they are in trouble. And why are they in trouble? THEY SPEND TOO MUCH!!! And now it is necessary for the uncaring, noncompassionate United States to bail them out? I thought the Obama plan was to make us more like Europe. And guess what? We are in deep trouble. Why are we in deep trouble? WE SPEND TOO MUCH!!

So let's borrow money from China to bail out Europe, and then watch our economy tank as bad or worse than theirs. Good plan.

If we want to help Europe, and the world economy we need to do one thing - STOP SPENDING SO GOD DAMN MUCH MONEY!

I fail to see how we can help anyone get over their debt problem by massively increasing our own uncontrollable debt.