Thoughts on How People Look

Good Evening Mr. Tudor,

Whilst I don't spend any time in amusement parks, I find myself in US Airports & Hotels much too often & I have noticed a huge disparity in the way adult couples dress.

Invariably the lady will have spent time on her maquillage, chosen her clothes, bag & shoes with care; whilst her companion looks like he has stolen his teenage son's clothes.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Good Night
Cyclops
Good Evening Mr. Tudor,

Whilst I don't spend any time in amusement parks, I find myself in US Airports & Hotels much too often & I have noticed a huge disparity in the way adult couples dress.

Invariably the lady will have spent time on her maquillage, chosen her clothes, bag & shoes with care; whilst her companion looks like he has stolen his teenage son's clothes.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Good Night
Cyclops Originally Posted by Mr.Oneeye
Yes, I spend a lot of time on the road...not so much in airports, but a lot of time in hotels. Generally, I agree with your description, with some exceptions. Businessmen & businesswomen still dress to the nines unless they are in an industry that eschews such dress. Not long ago I was in first class in one of the larger airlines. Sitting next to me was a man in his late 40s in torn-knee jeans, t-shirt and some other ratty clothes. He was on his cell phone arranging for a wilderness photoshoot in the deep South Pacific that would eventually turn into a 1-hour show on the Discovery Channel.

You just can't tell who is in the next seat.

Do looks matter? If so, how much? What do you think about looks? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I can-and have over-thought this question, but I'm going to give you a simple answer. When it comes to civvie relationships, I believe that you miss out on a potential mate when you consider a person's looks before the important things. Also considering that most women once they're wowed with a man mentally he instantly looks like Fabio, especially if he can kiss too, average men can give good looking, ego maniacal, broke, not good in bed guys a run for their money. I think that all women have their 'ideal man' but when it ultimately boils down, looks shouldn't matter.

Great observation.
I can-and have over-thought this question, but I'm going to give you a simple answer. When it comes to civvie relationships, I believe that you miss out on a potential mate when you consider a person's looks before the important things. Also considering that most women once they're wowed with a man mentally he instantly looks like Fabio, especially if he can kiss too, average men can give good looking, ego maniacal, broke, not good in bed guys a run for their money. I think that all women have their 'ideal man' but when it ultimately boils down, looks shouldn't matter.

Great observation. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
Yes and how many times does "your type" turn out to be completely different from what you had all planned out? My mom always told us kids "love who loves you." I'll take funny, kind, responsible and wealthy, over handsome, flashy, and wealthy anytime. LOL!
  • WTF
  • 08-07-2010, 06:49 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Life/Relationships/Man-Woman/Why-couples-start-looking-like-each-other/articleshow/6105656.cms
University of MichiganpsychologistRobert Zajonc conducted an experiment to test how long and happily-clad couples grow facial similarities and gradually start to look like each other physically.

He analysed photographs of couples taken when they were newlyweds and photographs of the same couples taken 25 years later.

The results showed that the couples had grown to look more like each other over time, reports English.news.cn.

In addition, he revealed that the happier that the couple said they were, the more likely they were to have increased in their physical similarity.

Zajonc suggested that older couples looked more alike because people in close contact mimic each other's facial expressions.

In other words, if your partner has a good sense of humour and laughs a lot, he or she will probably develop laugh lines around their mouth - and so will you.

Other evidence has also shown that men and women may be initially attracted to partners with similar personalities.

It turns out we may even be hard-wired to fall in love with people sporting DNA that is similar to our own in some ways.

In a study of twins, University of Western Ontario scientists found that not only did the study participants tend to pick partners with similar genes, the spouses of the identical twins were also more alike than the spouses of non-identical twins.

The study was published in Live Science .

Read more: Why couples start looking like each other - Man-Woman - Relationships - Life & Style - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Life/Relationships/Man-Woman/Why-couples-start-looking-like-each-other/articleshow/6105656.cms#ixzz0vvKwu1wA
Wasn't there a song that went something like "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife"? Originally Posted by TxBrandy
I thought it was never sleep with a woman who has more problems than you do?

Mr. OneEye, "maquillage": Now there's a word that we don't see often enough these days, although in person, I'm much more fond of décolletage.