Trump comes up short on Appeal.

Think of it this way, TX gets a judgment against LustNACL for 500K. In normal order without an appeal by LN once the appeal deadline runs TX could execute his judgment and seize bank accounts, property etc if LN didn't make the payment of the judgment. But LN decides to appeal and tries to delay as long as possible. And in the meantime sells his house, car etc and moves away. TX would be shot outta luck running around trying to collect. This prevents that. LN could post cash if he has it while appealing or get a surgery or bond which binds someone other that TX to ensure the payment is made if upheld.
Think of it this way, TX gets a judgment against LustNACL for 500K. In normal order without an appeal by LN once the appeal deadline runs TX could execute his judgment and seize bank accounts, property etc if LN didn't make the payment of the judgment. But LN decides to appeal and tries to delay as long as possible. And in the meantime sells his house, car etc and moves away. TX would be shot outta luck running around trying to collect. This prevents that. LN could post cash if he has it while appealing or get a surgery or bond which binds someone other that TX to ensure the payment is made if upheld. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Fully explained, Thank You.

We can now return to the original topic.
How can this be right? Having to have money just to have the right to appeal. I am not a lawyer but that seems wrong to me. Can someone explain this to me please. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
It is a guarantee that the amount will be paid if the appeal is lost. He also has to put up almost 90million to appeal the rape case.

Trump knows he is going to lose both appeals, that's why he doesn't want to put the money up. If he were able to appeal with no bond and lost he'd just not pay. Putting money up front is like placing a bet over a game of pool. Put up or shut up.
Trump doesn't seem to be enjoying his forays into civil court. His attorneys thus far are pretty terrible.