Fanatics' fury at Muslim Playgirl

as if catholics would react different.... are you still not done bashing muslim minorities? Originally Posted by ninasastri
I certainly think YOU would be treated better in a Catholic community than a Muslim community....don't you?
I certainly think YOU would be treated better in a Catholic community than a Muslim community....don't you? Originally Posted by Marshall
no,

I am not an alter boy :-) or a choir boy :-), so i assume the catholics won`t have plenty of fun with me.

btw - do you know mormons? they hold the same conservative viewpoints and the pope does not read playboy either.
no,

I am not an alter boy :-) or a choir boy :-), so i assume the catholics won`t have plenty of fun with me.

btw - do you know mormons? they hold the same conservative viewpoints and the pope does not read playboy either. Originally Posted by ninasastri
I believe under Islam, the penalty for you being you is stoning....I can only guess what they would do before the stones.......would the Catholics or Mormons kill you? I don't think so. Your only complaint might be that they said mean things to you......
no,

btw - do you know mormons? they hold the same conservative viewpoints and the pope does not read playboy either. Originally Posted by ninasastri
Catholics have had their time in history.
Think of Joan of Arc and what they did to her in the tower the days before the fire.
Catholics have had their time in history.
Think of Joan of Arc and what they did to her in the tower the days before the fire. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Islam has its whole history.....compare Catholic law to Islamic law.....There is no moral equivalency here.........
The difference is that Catholicism outgrew it's barbaric stages. Islam, not so much. Some of these dumb asses are still stuck in the 13th century.
Not until recently. The Mafia enjoyed their Catholic, Jesus and Mary credit card for quite some time.

And there was a time when Muslims believed the Koran taught them to study the arts and science instead of death. Muslims, Christians and Jews lived in harmony for awhile there. Until some monster was thrown in prison and in there he distorted the Muslim faith for his own revenge. Anyway this goes back and forth for centuries. It's just been bad for a long long time now.
Ok, so I am reading this, and being the atheist that I am, find it disturbing, however, I am kinda of the same thought process as Nina. How much of this is bashing the Muslims? Christianity and every other religion I can think of except Jainism is just as violent in it's original context and it's writings. Yes, there are fanatics in the Muslim world/religion but there are Christians who are the same damn way. We would like to think most Christians are above this kind of behavior but I live in part of the bible belt and personally know redneck bible thumping people who probably think along the same lines as the fanatical Muslims. I think perspective needs to be sought here. Not all Muslims think the way their fanatical counterparts do. Just my 02 on this subject. By the way that girl is HOT..!
Ok, so I am reading this, and being the atheist that I am, find it disturbing, however, I am kinda of the same thought process as Nina. How much of this is bashing the Muslims? Christianity and every other religion I can think of except Jainism is just as violent in it's original context and it's writings. Yes, there are fanatics in the Muslim world/religion but there are Christians who are the same damn way. We would like to think most Christians are above this kind of behavior but I live in part of the bible belt and personally know redneck bible thumping people who probably think along the same lines as the fanatical Muslims. I think perspective needs to be sought here. Not all Muslims think the way their fanatical counterparts do. Just my 02 on this subject. By the way that girl is HOT..! Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
I find it curious that you aren't embarrassed by your ignorance of Christianity and Islam. I think your hatred for religions permits your emotions to cloud intellect. It's impossible to take you seriously. You need to review mainstream Christian and Islamic doctrine so you can see why you are wrong. Of course, if you're happy in your hatred and ignorance, that's your choice.