The "Race Factor" from a Provider's perspective

Im sure Rambro will magically be speechless, or somehow will manage to turn this into a NBA thread.

Lol. This topic has been talked about as well, its interesting to read though.
You mean like the ad I saw recently that showed a very unattractive white woman with the too common mirror shot. And in the miror you can see the "boy friend" comlete with bottle of booze and a gun. I'm sure THAT ad got lots of good replies.

Zarah, scary is too soft a description. Originally Posted by Old-T
ahahaahahaha! Yes!
  • Laz
  • 12-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Racism exits to a small degree everywhere. It is probably no better or worse here.

I would second what Zarah advised but state that it is true for all ladies regardless of the color of their skin. Class will always show and always be valued.
This post caught my eye, because just last night I had a meeting scheduled with a provider that advertises here and I was very much looking forward to seeing her. Then I noticed her ad stated she will not see black men. I questioned her about it, and her response is she had a bad experience. I am white, but I find it sad for someone to condemn an entire group of people based on the color of their skin from one bad experience. My comment to her, was that she has every right to not see someone for whatever reason, but I also have the right to not give my money/do business with a bigot.

Not sure this is on-point...but relevant to me.
Unfortunately,there are ignorant people that view African-American providers cannot command what white providers charge for their rates.So not true!!I have read on another board about an African-American provider getting horrible inboxes and calls from guys saying she needs to lower her rates if she wants to be successful.I call BS on this because there are ladies of every color who charge what they want if it works for them why try to low ball a lady or make her feel bad because the guy cannot afford her.

My personal experience I have never had a guy tell me to lower my rates.
I am of mixed races including African-American and used to work for agencies for years here in Vegas and what is said about agencies are true.It doesn't matter if you are dark-skinned or light-skinned or even mixed I used to get the same responses there are not any calls for a lady that looks like you.It was so frustrating and upsetting when I have friends who were white providers and they were swamped with calls and I am sitting there with nothing.I am so glad I am Indy now and do not have those problems anymore.

Another HUGE thing that would occur would be a guy who called the agency for a mixed provider or african-american and the agency would send him a white provider instead.Sometimes,the guy would just go with the white lady or decline and say he wants what he requested an african-american provider.I remember hearing so many times "Why did it take them so long to send you?They have sent me 3 or 4 white providers and that is not what I am asking for."My issue was I was available the whole day but was not called this happened to many of my friends who are african -american providers who worked for agencies.I thought this was just a in my city with agencies saying there were no calls for African-American or mixed ladies.My problem with that statement is if you do not market african-american ladies,mixed ladies,or ladies of color then of course there is no calls.I also remember african-american men asking for a white provider and she would not go on the call regardless if the guy had money and was a nice older gent.This has been happening for years obviously from me reading different sites I realize this happens other places as well.
But,the ladies that are willing to see african-american men some of the guys did not want to see us.

It really irritates and pisses me off when I read things like this about a race being a factor in what a lady should charge for the services she is providing.

Sorry,this was so long but do not worry about what some hater ass guy who is bitter tell you what you can charge.I also have heard from other african-american providers that guys are surprised when they do meet them that they speak so well and are educated.WTF?They have this stereotype and generalize all African-American ladies as being ghetto,uneducated,and have a pimp which is so far from the fact.There are ignorant uneducated people of every color of the rainbow but african-american ladies get that bad rep and it is not fair.
I know many african-american providers here in Vegas and other cities their rates are mid-range to high and they are very busy!!
You have your rates the way you want if someone doesn't like it tough for them.Hit delete on their messages and keep it moving!
Racism exits to a small degree everywhere. It is probably no better or worse here.

I would second what Zarah advised but state that it is true for all ladies regardless of the color of their skin. Class will always show and always be valued. Originally Posted by Laz
Very well said. Thank you
I have never had this problem, if anything my guest say that I should be charging more, but I like to keep my rates somewhat modest until I build a stellar reputation in my area.

I dare someone to have the nerve to tell me that I won't be able to get the rate I charge. Most likely the sucker who has the gall to say this already wants you but, unfortunately for him, his brain is as small as his wallet.

My motto always is "Ain't No Body Gonna Tell Me Sh*t" in my lame Valley girl/oreo voice and throw in a neck roll and a snap.
It's funny. You hear about all the bs in this hobby. I always wonder why it's just some girls getting the nasty emails, why some ladies are always getting smelly guys...etc. Why is it half of the things I've heard of in this hobby I have never had to put up with it - nope not once AND I have been in this business on and off for 3 years. No ONE has told me "Zarah, you need to lower your rate...". I have had ONE hate mail in 3 years. I have never had a bad client, no NCNS , no life threatening bad experiences. Why? It's all in the marketing. I guess I market myself to where those douchebags see my ads and say "No not her". I am very firm in all I do and say. I have been told that I am even intimidating. Sure some dislike me because of it, but I have more lovers than anything.

Always be firm. Always stand your ground and most importantly, Change the way you market yourself and your will see a big BIG change no matter what your race is! If you are an attractive lady, the sky is the limit in this business.
I can't argue with anything said here.

There is NO excuse for the cost of a lady's time to be tied to her race. As with any other pricing factor, if it's more than a guy wants to pay for a specific lady, then just move on. Originally Posted by Old-T
My point EXACTLY! The level of class a Provider carries within herself is ALWAYS a topic of discussion. I understand that discussion forum posts do not necessarily reflect how a person conducts themselves in everyday life. But, IMHO, I think Clients should carry themselves with more class than that. There is no reason to leave lewd remarks on the thread. There are WAY too many Providers out there to be worried about MY rates if I'm not what you like in the first place.

I'm curious how prominent Rambo will be on this side of the discussion? Originally Posted by Old-T
The LAST thing I want is for this to turn into an NBA thread. But... I must admit that I AM curious to know Rambro's thoughts/feelings on this subject.
This post caught my eye, because just last night I had a meeting scheduled with a provider that advertises here and I was very much looking forward to seeing her. Then I noticed her ad stated she will not see black men. I questioned her about it, and her response is she had a bad experience. I am white, but I find it sad for someone to condemn an entire group of people based on the color of their skin from one bad experience. My comment to her, was that she has every right to not see someone for whatever reason, but I also have the right to not give my money/do business with a bigot.

Not sure this is on-point...but relevant to me. Originally Posted by saunders61
I agree completely. There have been several times that I started to become interested in a provider and then saw a similar condition in her ad. At that point, I wasn't interested anymore and just moved on.
It's not "just" your race either honey. Stupid men will also say that about a woman above a certain age and weight...as if they know how to make money as a hooker lol.

Not every guy is looking for a plastic, wannabe Barbie who tries too hard to look like the next girl...just sayin. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Very true! All this unsolicited advice they try to offer to hookers... whatever.

The LAST thing I want is for this to turn into an NBA thread. But... I must admit that I AM curious to know Rambro's thoughts/feelings on this subject. Originally Posted by Lovelyelle_01
Where's the facepalm smiley?

Elle, I'll respond to your message in few

I would second what Zarah advised but state that it is true for all ladies regardless of the color of their skin. Class will always show and always be valued. Originally Posted by Laz
This. Class SHOULD always be valued above all. I've gotten a few "good luck I think you're charging to much" mails but I just charge that to the game. No need to get all butt hurt when other people are fine with my rates. It's never okay to categorize all of one group ever but it happens. Just shrug it off, call them a bigot and move on love. You know what your time is worth, and screw anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.
I don't get the whole race thing. For starters, if I go to Eros, I'm immediately checking out the black talent.

Presentation is key. If you have 15 minutes to create an impression, all I need to do is go to your website, see that it's professionally done, your pics look good and you are in good shape, notice your grammar/diction, and the way you present yourself in your "about me" section, and from there, color or not I can deem whether you're $$-$$$$$$/hr or not.

Years ago, if Tyra Banks were providing I'd shell out $2,000 minimum to be with her. Probably more. I've spent up to $2,000 on various shit within any 12 month time period during her prime. I'm not pulling her type in real life how much more BCD with that type. It would be well worth sacrificing a bunch of electronic gadgets, and other stuff money was spent on to be with her.
So why isn't this NBA-like discussion being treated the same way as a client has to take it.

If a client is told no black allowed she has already established that no amount of money would make her partial to seeing that race. With the common reason to use as it being her preference......then promptly excused.

But when a potential client has "a preference" for his selection of black women to be offered at a cheaper rate its not just his preference....he gets no sympathy......he's just being a dick, similar to you being down bad for being NBA. Seems like both situations go hand in hand. Besides its his preference. Why can't you ladies respect his stance on wanting his ebony providers for a lower rate stucture than you white counterparts.

I bet its mostly whites that type that stuff to you......better change to non NBA....things could be better.