Republicans dumber than Democrats

• shanm
  • 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
You're in the dark about what may or may not be in my interest, you "#Grubered" Odumbo Minion. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Idiot is as Idiot does.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...news-are-most/

However, Fox’s 35 percent score places it exactly at the national average. This seems paradoxical -- Fox ranks near the bottom of a long list of media outlets, yet it sits right at the national average. But there’s an explanation. Lots of respondents reported following none of the media outlets they were asked about, and those respondents did quite poorly on the knowledge quiz -- not surprisingly. That meant that the non-media-using respondents brought down the national average, but they didn’t constitute a separate category that ranked lower than Fox on Pew’s chart

Unfortunately, Jon Stewart said (in the interview) "Media viewers", which means that we can not discount people that watch TV but do not follow any of the major news organizations.

In the other two surveys, Fox was placed near the bottom of the list along with local television news, and, get this, network morning shows. Its not exactly DEAD LAST like Stewart claimed, but it's damn close!

Guess who scored top of the list? *drumroll* it's watchers of the daily show and the (discontinued) Colbert report! Yes! two COMEDY programs on COMEDY CENTRAL bring more information to the general public than a 24 hour news stations like Fox news.

I guess the only redeeming thing is that papa bear Bill O'Reilly viewers also placed in the high information bracket. For all we know, they could have been watching Colbert and not have known the difference.

I think IB loves getting his ass handed to him so much that he can't help but squirm and protest at every proof of his idiocy He knows he is an idiot, he just loves a boot to the ass every ten minutes.
Idiot is as Idiot does.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...news-are-most/

However, Fox’s 35 percent score places it exactly at the national average. This seems paradoxical -- Fox ranks near the bottom of a long list of media outlets, yet it sits right at the national average. But there’s an explanation. Lots of respondents reported following none of the media outlets they were asked about, and those respondents did quite poorly on the knowledge quiz -- not surprisingly. That meant that the non-media-using respondents brought down the national average, but they didn’t constitute a separate category that ranked lower than Fox on Pew’s chart

Unfortunately, Jon Stewart said (in the interview) Media viewers, which means that we can not discount people that watch TV but do not follow any of the major news organizations.

In the other two surveys, Fox was placed near the bottom of the list along with local television news, and, get this, network morning shows. Its not exactly DEAD LAST like Stewart claimed, but it's damn close!

Guess who scored top of the list? *drumroll* it's watchers of the daily show and the (discontinued) Colbert report! Yes! two COMEDY programs on COMEDY CENTRAL bring more information to the general public than a 24 hour news stations like Fox news.

I guess the only redeeming thing is that papa bear Bill O'Reilly viewers also placed in the high information bracket. For all we know, they could have been watching Colbert and not have known the difference.

I think IB loves getting his ass handed to him so much that he can't help but squirm and protest at every proof of his idiocy He knows he is an idiot, he just loves a boot to the ass every ten minutes
Originally Posted by shanm
Go suck Retching Madcow's dick, shamman:

[P]articular Fox shows scored well above the average. Hannity & Colmes was one of only four choices to exceed 40 percent -- the others were the New Yorker/the Atlantic, NPR and MSNBC’s Hardball -- while The O’Reilly Factor scored 28 percent, or 10 points above the national average. (Hannity & Colmes even exceeded Stewart’s Daily Show in this poll, 42 percent to 30 percent.)

In all, this poll undercuts Stewart’s position even more than the 2007 poll did....

Fox actually scored better than its two direct cable-news rivals -- MSNBC, which is a liberal counterpoint to Fox, and CNN, which is considered more middle-of-the-road. Also scoring lower than Fox were local television news, the evening network news shows and the network morning shows.

And for the third time, particular Fox shows scored well. Hannity ranked fifth (just ahead of MSNBC’s liberal shows hosted by Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow) and O’Reilly ranked ninth. For the first time, Pew included Glenn Beck in its rankings, and the Fox host finished 12th -- slightly ahead of Stewart’s own Daily Show....

[P]articular Fox shows -- such as The O’Reilly Factor and Sean Hannity’s show -- actually score consistently well, occasionally even outpacing Stewart’s own audience....

The way Stewart phrased the comment, it’s not enough to show a sliver of evidence that Fox News’ audience is ill-informed. The evidence needs to support the view that the data shows they are "consistently" misinformed -- a term he used not once but three times. It’s simply not true that "every poll" shows that result. So we rate his claim False.
Too bad IIFFy, I really did think your old avatar was pretty nice. Originally Posted by Old-T
If you are in KC, check out ARI816.
  • Old-T
  • 03-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks. The list of KC ladies is getting longer. I think I need to take an alternate route on my next cross country drive. And I see she pairs with Jaycee--hmmmm....
  • shanm
  • 03-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Go suck Retching Madcow's dick, shamman: Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I guess you missed the point where I mentioned that two COMEDY programs on COMEDY CENTRAL, outscored a 24 HOUR NEWS STATION FOX NEWS.

Still laughing

February 2007 Political Knowledge Survey. Fox isn’t last on the list, although it’s close

April 2008 Media Survey. Once again, Fox News was just about at the national average (including local news shows and shows like ACCESS HOLLYWOOD). To be fair, CNBC scored lower than fox. No true dem would ever deny that CNBC is a pedestal for liberal political hackery just like fox news.[/B]

June 2010 Media Consumption Survey.Once again, Fox News as a whole ranked fairly low among regularly used media outlets

such as The O’Reilly Factor and Sean Hannity’s show -- actually score consistently well, occasionally even outpacing Stewart’s own audience(the lead in to TDS is puppets choking on dick, mind you).

The evidence needs to support the view that the data shows they are "consistently" misinformed (like Stewart said) -- a term he used not once but three times. It’s simply not true that "every poll" shows that result. So we rate his claim False. Leave it to the pubtards to find this report "redeeming"
I guess you missed the point where I mentioned that two COMEDY programs on COMEDY CENTRAL, outscored a 24 HOUR NEWS STATION FOX NEWS.

Still laughing

February 2007 Political Knowledge Survey. Fox isn’t last on the list, although it’s close

April 2008 Media Survey. Once again, Fox News was just about at the national average (including local news shows and shows like ACCESS HOLLYWOOD[/B]). To be fair, CNBC scored lower than fox. No true dem would ever deny that CNBC is a pedestal for liberal political hackery just like fox news.[/B]

June 2010 Media Consumption Survey.Once again, Fox News as a whole ranked fairly low among regularly used media outlets

such as The O’Reilly Factor and Sean Hannity’s show -- actually score consistently well, occasionally even outpacing Stewart’s own audience(the lead in to TDS is puppets choking on dick, mind you).

The evidence needs to support the view that the data shows they are "consistently" misinformed (like Stewart said) -- a term he used not once but three times. It’s simply not true that "every poll" shows that result. So we rate his claim False. Leave it to the pubtards to find this report "redeeming"
You're ignorant ass obviously missed the points where Politico notes where Fox "outpaced" Stewart, Madcow, Olbermann, MSNBC & CNN, shamman.
Hannity and Colmes? That shit has been off the air for YEARS. You're really struggling.
Hannity and Colmes? That shit has been off the air for YEARS. You're really struggling. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
You stupidly didn't take note of when your **esteemed** surveys were done, did you, you "#Grubered" Odumbo Minion?
  • shanm
  • 03-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Hannity and Colmes? That shit has been off the air for YEARS. You're really struggling. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
I have a feeling IB's entire life is one giant, constant struggle

You stupidly didn't take note of when your **esteemed** surveys were done, did you, shamman?
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
^^^He doesn't even know who he's replying to anymore!!!

ATTENTION!! IBIdiot has gone FULL RETARD!!!
I have a feeling IB's entire life is one giant, constant struggle

^^^He doesn't even know who he's replying to anymore!!! ATTENTION!! IBIdiot has gone FULL RETARD!!!
Only Kool Aid sotted lib-retards can be genuine "full retards", shamman.