Rolling Stones Top 100 Greatest Artists (updated for 2011)

Where is Eric Clapton on anyone's list? Originally Posted by Tr0y
As much as I like Clapton how would you categorize him? Especially since he has been in so many bands.

Clapton as solo
John Mayall and the Blues Breakers - He was 15 then
Blind Faith
Derek and the Dominoes
Cream
John Lennon & the Plastic Ono Band
The Yard Birds
T.D.F
Or even his pairing with BB King

I love the guy but how would you specifically categorize the man? If it is purely on influence then he belongs as result of his ability to be a catalyst to others but outside of that one specific result you cannot pidgin hole his work into any one category.
Rakhir...Eric Clapton. Enuff said! (lol) He's a legend and deserves his own recognition...imo.
Fuck this list.... Rolling Stone has blown for a decade now. All I had to see was this to not go any further.....

These guys at #92..........

The best band of the last 30 years IMO....

sixx
Rakhir...Eric Clapton. Enuff said! (lol) He's a legend and deserves his own recognition...imo. Originally Posted by Likinikki
I'm not disputing Clapton's greatness. God forbid someone do so, but I'm just pointing out how do you really categorize someone who can't be pidgin holed? I mean really now! The guy can play rock, blues and jazz seamlessly moving in and out of all three genres. He is a god! But I can't figure out how you can judge someone of such magnificent talent as to categorize his diaspora of work.