The Art Of An Introduction Letter

You are not as funny or as smart as you think atlcomedy.
Be nice or leave.
I guess you are the mod here, huh Marcus?
double post

but seriously I'm not writing you an essay as an initial contact....get over yourself Summerhill... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
An essay is not required, but alway appreciated.

I wouldn't discount a man that is short and to the point, however, I get very excited when I have a detailed letter that comments on things I've said on the boards and/or on my website. It make me feel like he really is "into me" which is a terrific feeling.
You are not as funny or as smart as you think atlcomedy.
Be nice or leave. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Nin and WTF far behind?
I'm not a mod. I'll get over myself N/P.
I'm not suggesting, "How 3pm Saturday behind the bowling alley on Main? I'll be in the green Econoline Van with the engine running...hop in.."

but seriously I'm not writing you an essay as an initial contact....get over yourself Summerhill... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I am taking a wild guess that you weren't planning on contacting her anyway lol
I'm not suggesting, "How 3pm Saturday behind the bowling alley on Main? I'll be in the green Econoline Van with the engine running...hop in.."

I'm not sure what you're upset about. She's just saying that she appreciates the gesture. Whether or not you make that gesture is up to you.
I'm not sure what you're upset about. She's just saying that she appreciates the gesture. Whether or not you make that gesture is up to you. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
I'm not upset about anything....simply saying I disagree with the original premise of the thread....
I'm not upset about anything....simply saying I disagree with the original premise of the thread.... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
which, in your world, would be ???

Snappy somewhat?

Who said anything about essay? I did mention above:

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange.

I didn't say it's a requirement, I said it's nice to open your inbox and see a welcoming letter.

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him. When you feel like you're starting off as equals, not paid entertainment, it gives me the impression I'm walking away with at least one orgasm myself - obviously pleasing the lady and making her comfortable is something he aspires to. It's nice to look forward to your first date.

I've had great dates with people who didn't go to that kind of effort initially. However, I've nearly always had a blast with the men who did.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. Personal preference: I like things to feel natural. I think a kind letter from a man makes being a companion a generally more positive experience. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle.
  • Eliza
  • 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM
It's all about mental stimulation. A man who has a way with words or a genuine, warm tone is ten steps ahead from the beginning. While this may be all business, a cold, detached introduction that doesn't hint at the person behind the screen isn't very captivating or memorable.
  • Eliza
  • 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange.

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. It's nice when things feel natural. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Very well said.

I'm fairly sure the reason many of the companions on this board only do longer dates (and one of my reasons as well) is because they genuinely want to get to know their clients and create a connection. A personable introduction is the perfect start. I remember once having a meet-and-greet with a potential new gentleman. He was at all times polite and respectful, but also very aloof and cool. He had a very business-like approach and - despite my efforts - made it impossible for any chemistry to be sparked. That's a dealbreaker for me when I'm screening a potential client. While I'm not so shabby at acting, the one thing I cannot fake is a connection.

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. It's nice when things feel natural. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
I think some of us are picking up what you're putting down. Initially, I bristled at your post because it flew in the face of everything I'd heard and seemed to imply that those of us who keep it short and sweet are somehow less respectful. (It also struck a nerve because I've been guilty of the tactless "You busy?" PMs... )

But when I re-read it, I found myself agreeing. After all, we hobbyists love to go on and on about your websites and your posts and your board persona and how the impression you make is sooooo important, why wouldn't the reverse be true as well?

You made me check myself and that doesn't happen often. (I'm damn near perfect...)
It's all about mental stimulation. A man who has a way with words or a genuine, warm tone is ten steps ahead from the beginning. While this may be all business, a cold, detached introduction that doesn't hint at the person behind the screen isn't very captivating or memorable. Originally Posted by Eliza
Good point.