Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

No refills... not MSOG.
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Do you count it as paid if they only pay 10% of what they should?
20%? How much less than they owe should they pay?
Do you count it as paid if your employer only pays you half the minimum wage? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Look you mensa dumb fuc....if the place you eat has to pay higher wages to their help...you will be paying a higher restaurant receipt. Are those dumb fucs going to itemize that cost. What you silly tea bobber don't seem to understand. You want good food but don't want to pay a decent price for it.
you don't want to pay for other people's healthcare ???? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Actually I do! Yours, mine, some waitress's, absolutely, split the bill up 320 million ways and I'll pay my share.

But nickel and dime me so some insurance exec can fuck the sick to overpay for blowjobs and a bunch of dyke Big Pharma cunts can buy donuts for lazy fat ass doctors, that I object to.
I would not return to that restaurant, or, if it were a favorite of mine, I would be sure owner, manager, and server knew the surcharge would be deducted from the gratuity. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
ALL restaurants have to add on the ACA surcharge, not just this one. The only thing they did different was make it explicit.

So, are you going to deduct gratuities EVERYWHERE?
Shinning a light on this income redistribution... GREAT!

Going to Gators Dockside that is free of Ozombies... FUCKING AWESOME! besides us working people tip better...
According to Social Security Administration data, undocumented workers pay between $6 billion and $7 billion into the Social Security trust fund each year. That comes on top of Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes the illegal workers pay on the more than $72 billion in wages employers reported paying to individuals without Social Security numbers in 2009—the latest data available from the Social Security Administration.
Undocumented immigrants also pay federal, state, and local sales and excise taxes on food, clothing, gasoline, cigarettes and alcohol as well as state and local property taxes

- See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl....wBnZYg9y.dpuf Originally Posted by CJ7
Of course, all those tax revenues that they pay are dwarfed by the healthcare costs they impose on the country and the wage suppression they cost by competing with low-skill Americans.

The best way to raise low wages is to create a labor shortage in low skilled positions. We wouldn't need to waste so much time arguing over the minimum wage.
But nickel and dime me so some insurance exec can fuck the sick to overpay for blowjobs and a bunch of dyke Big Pharma cunts can buy donuts for lazy fat ass doctors, that I object to. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
What?
Look you mensa dumb fuc....if the place you eat has to pay higher wages to their help...you will be paying a higher restaurant receipt. Are those dumb fucs going to itemize that cost. What you silly tea bobber don't seem to understand. You want good food but don't want to pay a decent price for it. Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not a teabobber - I voted for Obama.
I certainly will pay more for good food so assholes like you cannot exploit defenseless Mexican immigrants and essentially layoff their benefits to the taxpayers.
Of course, all those tax revenues that they pay are dwarfed by the healthcare costs they impose on the country and the wage suppression they cost by competing with low-skill Americans.

The best way to raise low wages is to create a labor shortage in low skilled positions. We wouldn't need to waste so much time arguing over the minimum wage. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Excellent post again, ExNyer. Please revert to the mean so I can bash you, like I did in the good old days.
SNICK
ALL restaurants have to add on the ACA surcharge, not just this one. The only thing they did different was make it explicit.

So, are you going to deduct gratuities EVERYWHERE? Originally Posted by ExNYer
Yes, but the location will matter. A Darden outfit that can pay their stockholders a 5% dividend certainly doesn't need me to subsidize their employee's insurance.

What? Originally Posted by ExNYer
On any issue that involves ACA, I maintain care has nothing to do with it. It is about insurance, which is not care. Insurance companies profit by not paying, which they usually don't. They're slimy corrupt bags of shit.

Then you have Big Pharma, paying glorified yuppies six figures to deliver pastries to numbfuck doctors to push certain drugs. And to advertise these drugs as if I should be the one suggesting the drug my doctor should give me. This massive expense is surely related to the dollars insurance companies extort from us for non-care.

So y'all want to play capitalism? Expenses have to stay down. Gonna charge me an ACA tax when I'm getting a burger? Sucks to be Flo.
Sounds illegal.

Jim
SNICK
Notice how CJ really has no response. He is just flopping back and forth.