What is "The Conference Room?"

I like the idea of a forum where these topics can be openly discussed without all the silly name calling that goes on here. I don't think it needs to be a closed forum. I believe rules should be put in place that requires certain decorum. If you violate the rules you would be banned from posting but not banned from reading. Since this forum is aimed at current issues that affect us all it could educate many here who would just read the forum but never post.
Agree......

I like the idea of a forum where these topics can be openly discussed without all the silly name calling that goes on here. I don't think it needs to be a closed forum. I believe rules should be put in place that requires certain decorum. If you violate the rules you would be banned from posting but not banned from reading. Since this forum is aimed at current issues that affect us all it could educate many here who would just read the forum but never post. Originally Posted by Budman
So are you the gate keeper to keys of the Conference Room?

OK, I'll put you down not only as a "no," but a "hell no!!"

You have a nice evening, too, sir. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I haven't posted much here lately. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
As you can see, there is "benefit" to "private club memberships."
I haven't posted much here lately.

However, a couple of weeks ago I alluded (somewhat obliquely) to an invitation-only ECCIE discussion forum, after which I received a number of PMs asking about it. The forum is called The Conference Room, and is envisioned as a place to engage in discussion of finance, markets, investments, public policy, technology, and other topical issues of the day.

What it is not is a political forum -- at least not in the sense that this forum is. There are areas of intersection, though, since public policy discussions are necessarily ideological. We are just not interested in the usual Democrat vs. Republican shit-slinging. After all, there are plenty of opportunities to engage in that right here. Included in the topics that may be discussed from time to time are energy issues, financial regulation, and fiscal policy matters, including the budget process and tax policy. All of those issues have import for the economy as a whole, and therefore for the markets.

If you are seriously interested in participating in the new forum, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Your heart is in the right place, good luck.
  • WTF
  • 01-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Your heart is in the right place, good luck. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
You're such a Homo...

I like the idea of a forum where these topics can be openly discussed without all the silly name calling that goes on here. I don't think it needs to be a closed forum. I believe rules should be put in place that requires certain decorum. If you violate the rules you would be banned from posting but not banned from reading. Since this forum is aimed at current issues that affect us all it could educate many here who would just read the forum but never post. Originally Posted by Budman
Also agree.
Also agree. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Me too, IBIdiot.
Can I join?
Can I join? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That should be worth the price of admission!

I'll bring the
You forget, BigAssSux, that I was the one who started a no insult thread specifically to discuss tax policy with the Cap'n. Therefore, indirectly, the Conference Room was my idea.
You forget, BigAssSux, that I was the one who started a no insult thread ..... Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
He doesn't know what that is. And he won't understand a description of it.

He IS AN INSULT.
[QUOTE=CuteOldGuy;1056267693]You forget, BigAssSux, that I was the one who started a no insult thread/QUOTE]

That's rich, COIdiot started his "no insult thread" post out with a, yes you guessed it, "insult!"

He doesn't know what that is. And he won't understand a description of it.

He IS AN INSULT. Originally Posted by LexusLover
"Whimp."
"Whimp." Originally Posted by bigtex
Case in point. You are a bottled fart. All noise and smell with no substance.

You really are a weak-minded specimen.
Case in point. You are a bottled fart. All noise and smell with no substance.

You really are a weak-minded specimen. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Go tell your fellow "whimp", Duck Cheney!

You two "Whimp's" deserve each other.