DFW Criminal Defense Attorneys

... When I was a young lawyer,... Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Well damn. Image shot.
  • Stag
  • 03-14-2016, 02:50 PM
To me, peer reviews, for example, aren't an accurate gauge of a lawyer's ability. Nice guys and gals who go along to get along in the conservative legal profession get high peer ratings but may be shitty lawyers who don't know how to be effective in the courtroom and who sell out their clients to avoid causing trouble. People rely on these ratings not knowing that 90% of lawyers hardly ever set foot in a courtroom. Mr. Book Lawyer gets his fee from the naïve client and M-H makes its pot of gold, but the client is disserved. That's why I think the best way to find a good lawyer is to talk to someone who had a good lawyer, not rely on a person or company with an agenda.

In case you're wondering, my views don't come from sour grapes. I'm AV-rated. But the respect I have built within the legal profession doesn't come from speaking at CLE, writing articles, or buying high ratings -- it comes from kicking the ass of AV-rated book lawyers in court and making my clients happy.
Point conceded. Although I still disagree that AV ratings are always bought through the crap Martindale et al sells, a lot of AV lawyers are shittier than the sole port-a-potty at a chili festival. Referrals are the best way to go. They are just sometimes hard to come by when you need them.
Wheat's that? I can barley understand you. Corn you explain? Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Heh,

Liquid breakfast cereals