GOP LEADERSHIP TELLS CRUZ TO STFU

• CJ7
  • 09-20-2013, 01:47 PM
How can something be "unfunded" when it hadn't been funded yet?

ya gotta be a rightwinger to figure that one out
According to news ... the House just voted to "unfund" ObaminableCare ...

.. the strategy in the Senate, Cruz said, was to shelve the bill when it arrives.

How can something be "unfunded" when it hadn't been funded yet? Originally Posted by LexusLover

I think it's like a retroactive abortion or something like that.

Can they do that though? I mean, can you refuse to fund something that's been mandated by, what has been upheld in the courts as, a legal law? I disagree with the law, but nonetheless it is one.

Can they do that though? I mean, can you refuse to fund something that's been mandated by, what has been upheld in the courts as, a legal law? I disagree with the law, but nonetheless it is one. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Lack of funding factored into why the Volstead Act failed.
Y un papi de Cuba. Does this make him one third American? Though the article doesn't seem to me to be telling that asshole to simmer down. How did he become the voice of the Republican Senate in like a few months. Loosers. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Squeaky wheel, lotsa grease. GOP establishment is petrified of him. TeaPukes now trying to get Louie Gohmert to reu. Against John Cornyn.

May be some entertaining times ahead!
I was at a conference and we had some speakers both r's & d's that had the same sentiment that Cruz is nuts and bad for our country.
Only in Texas can we elect a nut case er correction a couple nut cases.

Can they do that though? I mean, can you refuse to fund something that's been mandated by, what has been upheld in the courts as, a legal law? Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
SCOTUS said it was "constitutional" ... didn't say it was "mandated" by the Court.

Nixon impounded federal impact funds for teachers in federal impact areas.

He also impounded federal funding for conservation projects (pork).

A lot of the appropriations in the latter years of the Clinton administration were not implemented by the administration even though authorized by Congress.

Congress has the authority to open the purse and close it.

"He who has the gold .... !"

The reality is not enough balls in the Senate to join the House, so it will remain "funded" and a ball and chain round the taxpayers and employers until the political winds shift. It may put some Senators in a box for a future election..... but if they feel they can weather the storm they will not vote consistent with the folks back home.
I'm with CRUZ...fucking idiots suck...LOL
I'm with CRUZ...fucking idiots suck...LOL Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

You and I finally agree anyone with Cruz is a fucking idiot and sucks.
You and I finally agree anyone with Cruz is a fucking idiot and sucks. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You are a Independent, Right?
What do you expect from libtards like assup? They don't read, can't comprehend, and don't listen to the facts!

TED CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT - 2016!!!!!

Peter King isn't leadership...............unles s you consider chairman of a sub-committee leadership.....I don't. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Lack of funding factored into why the Volstead Act failed. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
How many years did it take the Volstead Act to fail, Corpy? Voted into law I. 1919, voted out at the end of 1933.

funding, eh.

Oh, and Whirlyturd, who is leader enough to get you to STFU?
Voted into law I. 1919, voted out at the end of 1933.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Point proved, you dumb-fuck golem jackass!
Point proved, you dumb-fuck golem jackass! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Uh, how does that prove your point?
"[F]ederal allocation of funds to enforce prohibition were woefully inadequate...government officials finally ratified the 21st Amendment, repealing Prohibition," you dumb-fuck golem jackass!

http://www.ushistory.org/us/46b.asp
I LOVE it that the GOP is doing this. It's beautiful. GO TED!!!!! Fuck those RINOs.