An y NRA members here?

• oeb11
  • 02-01-2019, 11:03 AM
To Above - Any full auto weapon made after 1986 cannot be legally transferred - NFA Act of 1986

I see no reason to legalize bumpstocks - they do make -effectively- a full auto weapon - .
Fact- A legally transferred NFA weapon has never been used in a crime in the USA - only illegal weapons
Illegally converting a semi - to FA weapon is a Federal crime- BATFE likes 10-20 in Leavenworth prison.
The mental health system is a mess - it would be good to be able to keep weapons from the seriously mentally ill - but that system has many flaws.
Criminals do obtain weapons in violation of the law. Via illegal transfers. I do not have a perfect answer.
My humble opinion

Bump fire stocks can be placed on a few common weapon platforms such as the AR or AK families. They can achieve rates of fire between 400 and 500 rounds per minute depending on the gun.
This is comparable to FA weapons.

Glad we have debate and not name-calling here.

Holding weapons is a privilege and responsibility - Hold it safely!
Yes, I am a lifetime member.

I do not agree with the NRA on every issue, but they are the one organization that fights for our 2d Amendment Rights.
  • oeb11
  • 02-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Thank You- JS

I wish the NRA wa not so "line in the sand" - There are issues i disagree with their stands.
That said - the DPST's - Feinstein et al- clearly have weapon confiscation from the populace on their agenda.

Try that in Middle America and there will be civil war.

We need a voice and a lobby against the nut cases
  • grean
  • 02-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Yes, I am a lifetime member.

I do not agree with the NRA on every issue, but they are the one organization that fights for our 2d Amendment Rights. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Do you mind saying who you voted for last year? One reason I want to join is to vote out Wayne. The one reason I don't want to join is because of the direction he is taking the organization.

I was going to join but believe that only member of 10 years or more, or lifetime members get a vote.
The NRA member's understand bill of right's in the pain in the ass constitution , Sadly all of people don't
Because its not just a 2 AD issue.
the pain in the ass constitution , . Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Excuse me? I am thinking you were being sarcastic.

Did I miss it?
yupper the constitution is a problem for the progressives
  • oeb11
  • 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM
The DPST's plan to scrap the Constitution.
replace with "Feelings - Nothing More than Feelings"!
Ohhhhh now that song is stuck in my head!

The DPST's plan to scrap the Constitution.
replace with "Feelings - Nothing More than Feelings"! Originally Posted by oeb11
Back to the NRA:

A previous poster complained about voting rights for Lifetime members: isn't a little bit like paying for Premium Access here onECCIE? Isn't Lifetime NRA membership just a matter of paying for it up-0front?
Do you mind saying who you voted for last year? One reason I want to join is to vote out Wayne. The one reason I don't want to join is because of the direction he is taking the organization.

I was going to join but believe that only member of 10 years or more, or lifetime members get a vote. Originally Posted by grean
Oliver North.

I agree in one respect that Wayne LePierre has become a lightning rod for the Left. Just his name in a news cast seemed denote a negative contagion.

Oliver North is a man of Honor. Like him or hate him, he stuck by his guns during the entire Iran Contra fiasco. Much like G Gordon Liddy did during the watergate days. He stood by his actions, did his time, and then told the whole bunch to kiss his ass.
What was Charlton Hesto's involvement with the NRA?
What was Charlton Hesto's involvement with the NRA? Originally Posted by ICU 812
Charlton Heston was President and spokesman for the NRA for a number of years.

He is famous for his "From my cold dead hands" speech in 2000 where he held a rifle up and, as an answer to Al Gore's platform of more gun control saying, "you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands".

He was also a pretty good actor. (LoL)
I was a member till it came election time they sent out a list of ones to vote for.
Didn't matter what else they wanted just if they were pro gun.
Raise taxes sure as long as they were pro gun.
That's when they lost me.
yupper the constitution is a problem for the progressives Originally Posted by rexdutchman
I would be everything I own you could cite 2 paragraphs of the constitution.