the outskirts in st jo

Thanks for the intel.
I remember good ole Shadows. Those girls would aim to please. Regular price dances were $5.
Yes! Thank your for your Intel!
golard - when I started going to the clubs about 85, all the clubs were $5 dances. The funny thing is, and when I try to tell the girls this they don't believe me, is that it actually worked out better for the girls. Back then the girls didn't really sit with you. From the moment they walked in til the time they left, they danced every song. At $5, no one gets turned down so even the not so great lookers made money. Today you see the girls ask a customer or two if they want a $20 dance, they get turned down, then they sit at the bar for the next 2 hours. Would you rather do 75 dances at $5 plus a few extra tips or sit at the bar all night and maybe do 2 at @20. With the quality now a days, they would be better off bringing everything down to maybe $10.
golard - when I started going to the clubs about 85, all the clubs were $5 dances. The funny thing is, and when I try to tell the girls this they don't believe me, is that it actually worked out better for the girls. Back then the girls didn't really sit with you. From the moment they walked in til the time they left, they danced every song. At $5, no one gets turned down so even the not so great lookers made money. Today you see the girls ask a customer or two if they want a $20 dance, they get turned down, then they sit at the bar for the next 2 hours. Would you rather do 75 dances at $5 plus a few extra tips or sit at the bar all night and maybe do 2 at @20. With the quality now a days, they would be better off bringing everything down to maybe $10. Originally Posted by jayhawker1980
Works for McDonalds.
Of course in 1985 that $5 was more like $12 https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
Of course in 1985 that $5 was more like $12 https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ Originally Posted by notmeinkc
My experience with Shadows was in the early 90's, shortly before the place was busted. If you'd double the rate to $10 per dance most would do just about anything. That's $24 in today's dollars and still less than what they charge in most clubs now. As I recall there were reports that some of the evidence they used in court against Shadows included that semen stains glowed in the carpet under UV light, so you can imagine the atmosphere there. Only Trop 56 was better.
Shadows was awesome, so many fun times and great action there. My favorite was going in and seeing a girl that I'd banged as a civvy a few times that was starting off her first night as a dancer. We picked up right where we left off lol
One of my sugar babies I see is a dancer and she use to dance there at the Outskirts and advises me this place use to have some great girls and alot of illegal shit went on there but no more.
That is a great report. Clearly good instincts, JH. You confirmed my bet. The entrance fee alone screamed ripoff. I’m sure the ultra VIP would have been a ripoff, particularly in MO.

Your comment on talent anywhere in the region is spot on. Pre-2010 was a great era in clubs, especially Baby Dolls. Indeed, where has the talent gone? There is something about the times going on with that.

On the $5 dances, I don’t think the inflation calc on that is that applicable. At Baby Dolls it was mostly a function of the facility and they had a VIP, but it was pricy and bringing it down caught on to the VIP angle prior to 2000. The price hasn’t changed that much. The talent has changed everywhere.

Personally, I think the MO restrictions did a lot toward that, but there is more to it. There was a time when a fat girl was never seen. Now they are very prevalent. (How a fat girl thinks she is sexy is another topic including how management would use them—more evidence of lack of talent.). I don’t think the money is as free and easy as it once was for one thing. It’s different since the Great Recession, but even that doesn’t seem to explain it.
Personally, I think the MO restrictions did a lot toward that, but there is more to it. There was a time when a fat girl was never seen. Now they are very prevalent. (How a fat girl thinks she is sexy is another topic including how management would use them—more evidence of lack of talent.). I don’t think the money is as free and easy as it once was for one thing. It’s different since the Great Recession, but even that doesn’t seem to explain it. Originally Posted by bartipero
I believe you hit most of the points. I have girls text me all the time because it is so slow and they are trying to drum up some business. With smartphones making it easier to hobby, girls don't need to work the clubs for clients. The internet allows them to advertise without having to spend $80 bucks for a pair of 6 inch heels, another $50 to $90 for a outfit and having to work till 2 or 3 am. They are also becoming sugar babies too. This allows the guys to stop going to the club altogether. They can spend the money hobbying, instead of what I call prospecting in the clubs. Then the clubs fill the stage with whatever walks through the door. Which accounts for the 3 to 5's in looks/weight.