Weiner is a modern human being (by Alec Baldwin)

So here come the excuses "He's just an ordinary man"; "He didn't claim to be perfect"; "He's just a good Democrat" hohoho

If he'd been a Republican, ya'll would like to hang him from the nearest tree. And that's the fact of the matter and the hypocrisy. Originally Posted by John Bull
Just like we did Noot and Ensign - you guys crack me up.
well his cock is HUGE so maybe that is true :-)) Originally Posted by ninasastri
You've seen the picture?
If we turn our attention to something more compelling than politics....football!!!!....and look to Columbus Ohio & Jim Tressel we see the time old truism play out:

"The coverup is worse than the crime*"

I think in this case we have the same thing. The lies after getting caught with the hand in the cookie jar are far worse than taking the cookies.

*not saying what Tressel or Weiner did was literally "criminal"
  • WTF
  • 06-10-2011, 07:32 AM
"The coverup is worse than the crime*"

I think in this case we have the same thing. The lies after getting caught with the hand in the cookie jar are far worse than taking the cookies.

*not saying what Tressel or Weiner did was literally "criminal" Originally Posted by atlcomedy
atl, WTF is wrong with covering up your weiner ?
Covering it up like this:

No he did not.

Jez. Originally Posted by WTF
Are you really suggesting that the emphasis of his campaign was: “Vote for the other guy, he’ll do a better job representing you than I can.” Really?

Do I think what he did was more stupid than say Vitter ? Yes. WAs it aganist the law like Vitter? No. Originally Posted by WTF
Didn’t we render the Vitter case a moot point in our discussion yesterday? We’re talking about unmitigated arrogance, not unmitigated stupidity.

This thing will be done when the next big story hits. Originally Posted by WTF
True, if he resigns, and then only until the divorce. If not, it won’t be over until November 2012.

http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2011...iners-job.html

Do any of you know wtf is going on with the nuke in Japan? Didn't think so. Originally Posted by WTF
Utility reprimanded over 2 workers' high radiation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110610/...RpbGl0eXJlcHJp

But this stories concerns me more:

Gates blasts NATO, questions future of alliance
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...731?source=rss

or this one….

Vietnam to hold live-fire drill in S.China Sea

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110610...RuYW10b2hvbA--

This too will pass. Originally Posted by WTF
True enough, like a good bowel movement. Then he too will get flushed.
Oh, horse pucky! You're missing the point AGAIN (heh heh heh). What he DIDN'T do is campaign on how moral of a person he is and how everyone should emulate him or at least let him lead them to Valhalla. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
OMG!!! Please pray for the unfortunate deceived!!!

1+1=2
2+2=4
etc., and dishonorable actions have consequences.

According to a recent poll, 73% of Weiner’s constituency believe he acted unethically. 56% percent are still loyal to “the member”, and believe he should remain in Congress. Yet, only 48% believe he’ll be an effective legislator on the Hill, and 43% are fairly certain he’ll be ineffective.

He campaigned and promised to represent his constituency; now, fewer than half believe he still can.
Then I guess you were for Clinton resigning? Originally Posted by WTF
I think you can make two cases about Clinton: First, the party would have been better off if he had resigned as Gore would have been President for three years before the 2000 elections. Or second, that the over prosecution and persecution of Clinton helped the party more than it hurt. I'm really on the fence about that one.

At the time, I thought he was better off to resign. And in hindsight, given the 2000 election and the fact that no significant legislation was passed in the last two years of Clinton's term, I'm not sure that my initial thought wasn't correct.
...And in hindsight, given the 2000 election and the fact that no significant legislation was passed in the last two years of Clinton's term, I'm not sure that my initial thought wasn't correct. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
What legislation do you think should have been passed during the last two years of Clinton's second term? Almost everything various congresses passed during the last ten years has been very bad.

And besides, how can you not consider Gramm-Leach-Bliley "significant" legislation?

I think you can make two cases about Clinton: First, the party would have been better off if he had resigned as Gore would have been President for three years before the 2000 elections. Or second, that the over prosecution and persecution of Clinton helped the party more than it hurt. I'm really on the fence about that one. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I agree with you here. Regarding your second point, aggressive persecution by the Republican majority seemed like political suicide to me at the time. They weathered it better than I thought they would, but one should never underestimate a Republican congressional majority's ability to shoot itself in the foot. We saw that starkly demonstrated in the mid-'00s, and I think we're beginning to see it again today.
And besides, how can you not consider Gramm-Leach-Bliley "significant" legislation? Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
maybe we should have renamed it the Mortgage Market Meltdown Enabler Act of 1999.
OMG!!! Please pray for the unfortunate deceived!!!

1+1=2
2+2=4
etc., and dishonorable actions have consequences. Dang, son, you Re-pubes wrote the book on getting caught with your hands in everything from the cookie jar to some staffer's wife's split. My boy, Weeener didn't even get any - you clowns are gonna have to do better than that.

According to a recent poll, 73% of Weiner’s constituency believe he acted unethically. 56% percent are still loyal to “the member”, and believe he should remain in Congress. Yet, only 48% believe he’ll be an effective legislator on the Hill, and 43% are fairly certain he’ll be ineffective.

He campaigned and promised to represent his constituency; now, fewer than half believe he still can. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I'm neither unfortunate nor deceived. Hell, sport - you just need learn to think rationally and critically - and not be confused with knee-jerk criticism from the Moral Majority or Religious Right. But, you'd rather keep on giving the good to guys like Ensign, Mark Sanford and the other Re-pubes who are involved in the little "holier than thou" group "The Family" and others of their fascist ilk. I haven't got a clue why folks like you toss in with those clowns for they are clearly craven and cynical yet they ALL pose as upright, moral compasses who are merely asses.

As for Weiner and his district, there'll be an election there soon enough. He'll stand firm and have the last laugh. This thing will blow over in about two more weeks.
Then I guess you were for Clinton resigning?
Originally Posted by WTF
Clinton should have resigned. He didn't get impeached for getting a BJ in office, he was impeached for lying under oath. In court it's called perjury and the offender is subject to fines and imprisonment.

maybe we should have renamed it the Mortgage Market Meltdown Enabler Act of 1999. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Would that mean that the repeal of Glass-Steagall becomes the Bank Bail-Out Enabler Act?
I'm neither unfortunate nor deceived. Hell, sport - you just need learn to think rationally and critically - and not be confused with knee-jerk criticism from the Moral Majority or Religious Right. But, you'd rather keep on giving the good to guys like Ensign, Mark Sanford and the other Re-pubes who are involved in the little "holier than thou" group "The Family" and others of their fascist ilk. I haven't got a clue why folks like you toss in with those clowns for they are clearly craven and cynical yet they ALL pose as upright, moral compasses who are merely asses.

As for Weiner and his district, there'll be an election there soon enough. He'll stand firm and have the last laugh. This thing will blow over in about two more weeks. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Your stereotype doesn't fit the mold when the person typing this leans right, does not practice ANY religion, and believes prostitution should NOT be a crime. Maybe you should become a critical thinker and understand that your ideology is clouding your ability to think factually.
maybe we should have renamed it the Mortgage Market Meltdown Enabler Act of 1999. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Well, I'm always up for a little truth-in-advertising!

The $800 billion so-called "stimulus package" was named the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a misnomer if there ever was one.

Perhaps we should rename it the Government Growth, Entitlement Expansion, and Political Payoffs Act of 2009.
Covering it up like this:

Originally Posted by pjorourke
Now there's a weiner anyone could eat and enjoy.