Obama apparently doesn't learn: boots on the ground

• CJ7
  • 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Syria should have no problems in giving up Iraqs WMDs, I mean they were just holding them for Sadam till the storm blew over.

I say let them keep them and use them as much as possible. The fewer of those cockroaches that remain the better off we all are.. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

yeah, they're still nice and fresh from the 90's
Invasion? Now that's what I'm talking about. It is time for Obama to ratchet it up a notch!

Now that there is a commitment for UN Weapons Inspectors in Syria, perhaps it is time for the US to consider a full scale invasion of Syria. To hell with the 'mamby-pamby' weapons inspecting bullshit. Let's get down to the nitty gritty and use the highly successful "Dubya" model, that was effectively implemented in Iraq.

I believe Obama should immediately authorize a full scale invasion of Syria by no later than mid November. He should follow the invasion with a January 1, 2014, "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" Photo Op, errrrr Press Conference on the deck of the Aircraft Carrier Abraham Lincoln.

I believe it would also be a great idea to have Obama land on the Abe wearing a Naval Aviator's flight suit! Geez, just think of the possibilities! The entire world will watch as the President of the United States struts his stuff across the deck of an American Aircraft Carrier! That will show those Russians who the "Decider in Chief" is.

Cost factor? Don't worry about it! Even if the price tag reaches $1 Trillion and 5000 American lives. We can just consider it "the cost of doing bidness!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Originally Posted by bigtex
BigKotex's campaign speech for Putin/Rodham 2016!
I certainly don't like the idea of war to any degree. For America to invade Syria was inevitable. When Obama says things like, " This would be a small scale encounter, No Boots on the ground" I expect only the opposite to happen. That's what's beginning to take place. So expect more conflicts in other nations and America sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. They need and want WW3.
  • CJ7
  • 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I certainly don't like the idea of war to any degree. For America to invade Syria was inevitable. When Obama says things like, " This would be a small scale encounter, No Boots on the ground" I expect only the opposite to happen. That's what's beginning to take place. So expect more conflicts in other nations and America sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. They need and want WW3. Originally Posted by acp5762
same thing was said about joining the un resolution to whack Lybia 2 years ago ... nothing happened
I certainly don't like the idea of war to any degree. For America to invade Syria was inevitable. When Obama says things like, " This would be a small scale encounter, No Boots on the ground" I expect only the opposite to happen. That's what's beginning to take place. So expect more conflicts in other nations and America sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. They need and want WW3. Originally Posted by acp5762
And were you also concerned about an inevitable invasion during the days, weeks and months leading up to the ill fated and ill advised, spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq?

Just sayin'

Now that there is a commitment for UN Weapons Inspectors in Syria, ... Originally Posted by bigtex
What weapons are they going to inspect?
I guess I was an "adviser" over there in '68. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Depends on whether you were getting a "1099" or a "W-2" at the end of the year, and/or whether you got VA benefits when you came "home" ...
What weapons are they going to inspect? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I didn't cut the deal, you might want to give Vlad and JK a call!

Let us know what you find out!
Depends on whether you were getting a "1099" or a "W-2" at the end of the year, and/or whether you got VA benefits when you came "home" ... Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yeh, I got VA benefits. A 9.5 interest rate loan on my first house. Yippee.

I ETSed out as a E-5 under 2. Draftee. '

They were nice enough to patch my legs up, though. Then, for all general purposes, it was, "now get on with your life".

That is exactly what I did.
same thing was said about joining the un resolution to whack Lybia 2 years ago ... nothing happened Originally Posted by CJ7
Except that there WERE "boots on the ground" in Libya. Special forces units were there and in one case, assisted in getting the crew of a shot down US plane recovered and returned to their ship. Funny how most of the media refused to carry the story when it was published in the Guardian in the UK. I'll go see if I can find that story link again.
Yeh, I got VA benefits. A 9.5 interest rate loan on my first house. Yippee. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I bought my first home in 1976. It was also a VA loan at 6.75%. At the time, I thought it was a heck of a deal and considering the dramatic increase in interest rates during the late 70's and early 80's, it certainly was.
You have to forgive Tex. As you can read his world view has been shattered and in his mind confusion reigns. He does not know what to believe any more as you can see from the oscillations in his opinions. Kind of like a primative TV robot. He can only handle one idea at a time without further instructions from on high.

Now an attempt to explain to CJ and WTF: a state of extreme confusion is like when you go down on a beautiful woman and find a penis. I am sure you can relate to that. So....does that make it clear?
Yeh, I got VA benefits. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Then you were not an advisor, although you probably gave advice.

Hope the patch work held up over the years.
Then you were not an advisor, although you probably gave advice.

Hope the patch work held up over the years. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Hey, I was being facetious. I was drafted in '68, got sent to 'Nam, came out alive, and that was that.

My point was in the early '60's, the polititians stated, "we are only sending advisors".