GO HORNS!!!!!

McCoy doesn't play defense and when Bama wanted to play and not try to sit on the big halftime lead, the #1 rushing defense in the country(Texas at 62 yards per game) couldn't stop them. Bama had TWO, COUNT'EM TWO guys rush for over 100 yards.

And I agree with the earlier comment, if Texas played in the SEC, they wouldn't have even been in the SEC Championship game

Wildcat
It was sad for Colt to get hurt so early. I bet on Bama but I wanted a better game.
i would have to go back and check, but my recollection is that Colt play EVERY second of EVERY game.....BAD coaching. He really didn't have any backup QBs, although when the Coach FINALLY let Gilbert pass, he did a great job. And seriously, WTF, the rest of the team didn't step up. I guess Gilbert threw the ball too hard or harder that Colt and the little girls couldn't hold on. POOR POOR offensive performance overall.

And what a shock, Bama RAN THE BALL....WOW who would have seen that coming? I guess the Texas D Coach didn't

I think Texas' team spirts would have been better if Colt played, but I don't expect the result to be very different
Roll Tide!!!!
It was sad for Colt to get hurt so early. I bet on Bama but I wanted a better game.
i would have to go back and check, but my recollection is that Colt play EVERY second of EVERY game.....BAD coaching. He really didn't have any backup QBs, although when the Coach FINALLY let Gilbert pass, he did a great job. And seriously, WTF, the rest of the team didn't step up. I guess Gilbert threw the ball too hard or harder that Colt and the little girls couldn't hold on. POOR POOR offensive performance overall.

And what a shock, Bama RAN THE BALL....WOW who would have seen that coming? I guess the Texas D Coach didn't

I think Texas' team spirts would have been better if Colt played, but I don't expect the result to be very different Originally Posted by CivilBarrister

Actually, Colt only played significant time in 3 fourth quarters all year - against the dirt burglars, eaTme, and Nebraska. As for substitutions, the Longhorns played every eligible player against UTEP including a walk on QB. I agree the offensive performance was not up to par in the NCG.

And Metal_Head, I agree Colt would probably have read the blitz. However one would expect a Senior starting left tackle (with dozens of starts) to see it as well, but Ulatoski totally whiffed, turned inside rather than outside and managed to block air molecules instead of defenders. GRRRRR

As I said before the better team won. Congratulations Bama.

EDIT: I was incorrect above, Colt also finished the game with TTech.
Whoa guys... Let's get this right.

Bama had 205 yards rushing and 58 yards passing. Not exactly "championship quality" numbers. Texas did their job on defense. It was the points off of 5 turnovers that killed them!

Nobody, and I mean nobody can tell me that if Colt plays that game that Bama wins. Gilbert did what any freshman would have done. He gave it his all, came close but made some freshman mistakes. He'll get better.

Hats off to bama.... they found a way to win. Took out the man!

Longhorn 4 Life!
  • Booth
  • 01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
UT #1 in basketball now that Kansas lost today.