SCOTUS Sides With Hobby Lobby........

• WTF
  • 06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
This had no good resolution. But I bet we will be seeing a whole lot of "deeply held religious beliefs" coming up soon. This is going to be one hideous mess since there is no way to limit it to "real religions" without getting cross wise with showing preference to some religions. Originally Posted by Old-T
Yep
Fuck hobby lobby and fuck the churches and fuck the assholes who hide behind religion in order to deny others their freedom.

ignorant, greedy religious zealots should receive no more consideration than anyone else.

It's a fucked up control game... And the fucking constitution is in the middle of it.

Tax the churches. Penalize Hobby Lobby for non compliance with the law. Let them do what they want as long as they live with the consequences, but if they choose to hide behind Jesus as an excuse to ignore the law, let them choose to pay for it.

Fuck them.
this would not be an issue if the SCOTUS had properly ruled the ACA unconstitutional.
Government over reach just got a little Smack on the knuckles... Don't worry Ozombies... We are still a snow ball rolling down hill, towards Hell. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
You're a fucking caveman. actually, Slobbrin, you're less than that.

Of course if Hobby Lobby closed, you'd have a hard time finding a place for your glue and glitter projects...
You're a fucking caveman. actually, Slobbrin, you're less than that.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I really hate those very rare occasions when I find myself arguing on the same side of an argument with you Yssup. It makes me feel like I'm trying to stick up for my retarded half cousin in law twice removed but only once inbred.
Hobby Lobby never said anything about what the people who worked for them did.

They simply said they did not want to pay for it.

I do not see any "slippery slope" here at all. SCOTUS made a very logical and down to earth decision. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Some of the arguments employed by Hobby Lobby were once used to fight the Civil Rights Act, and justify firing or refusing to hire homosexuals.

The slippery slope here is that birth control won where other "religious beliefs" didn't. Now, having opened the door, these issues can be revisited again if any company feels up to handling the bad press that would result.

Another slippery slope - Scientologists don't believe in any form of psychiatric treatment, particularly psychiatric medications. Will it be reasonable when a company run by Scientologists petition to be exempted from covering psychiatric treatment? Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in blood transfusions. Can they petition to be exempted from covering blood transfusions in their insurance policies? How about vaccines? Several religions don't believe in vaccines.

Last but not least, every year, the number of Muslims living in our country grows. Is it really wise to lay the groundwork for Muslim business owners to apply Sharia Law to their workers? What if a business owner refuses to hire women at all because it is his closely held belief that women should be covered in a shroud in the kitchen at home?

This ruling has the potential to create a whole host of unintended consequences. Never before has a private business been allowed religious exemptions on anything. SCOTUS just broke new ground that sets the clock back a good 100 years.
Is Hobby Lobby closed on Sunday?
Is Hobby Lobby closed on Sunday? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yes
I really hate those very rare occasions when I find myself arguing on the same side of an argument with you Yssup. It makes me feel like I'm trying to stick up for my retarded half cousin in law twice removed but only once inbred. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh

"Oddly enough, a great way to prevent employers from making health care decisions for their employees is to not pass laws requiring employers to make health care decisions for their employees. Crazy, right?" http://thefederalist.com/2014/06/30/...dumb-liberals/
  • Old-T
  • 06-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Very stupid IIFFy. As we have come to expect from you.
"Oddly enough, a great way to prevent employers from making health care decisions for their employees is to not pass laws requiring employers to make health care decisions for their employees. Crazy, right?" http://thefederalist.com/2014/06/30/...dumb-liberals/ Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Well I agree with you on that. Looks like neither of us got what we wanted on that deal. That doesn't mean it was a good idea to slide down a slippery slope on a banana peel though.
Let 'em get pregnant then support 'em on welfare..Makes sense to me. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yet again, you get the issue wrong. Hobby Lobby had no problem providing 16 of the 20 "birth control" products on the "Obamacare required" list. It was the last 4 which were abortifacients to cause abortions, which violated their religious beliefs against abortions.

This was never about "birth control", unless you believe abortions are just "retroactive birth control"?
Looks like the SCOTUS backed up Hobby Lobby who said their god trumped anyone else belief..
it's selective enforcement of the constitution and discriminates against everyone who believes in separation of church and state.

Oh, and sotf, I love you too, even if you are an insulting old bag (kiss, kiss). But I think the inbred cousin you're talking about (ahem... Cousin? really?)is our old pal Slobbrin.

That said, in jest of course (I'd never call a female member of this forum a Slunt or anything), we agree because we both believe in freedom; the kind upon which this country was founded. The freedom from religious persecution.

I still don't know how so many of you dipshits can post here with a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other...
Looks like the SCOTUS backed up Hobby Lobby who said their god trumped anyone else belief.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Do you have a reference book of stupid comments? I can't believe one person can be as stupid as you. Amazing!