Retro games

• BLM69
  • 05-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Mario kart was also a lot of fun
Except Super Mario World was for SNES... Originally Posted by wchicken

You're right! I meant super mario BROS not world.

Mario Bros 3 was good too, but I could never ever beat it!!!
Most of what y'all have mentioned is at Cidercade, including Mario Kart.
Never got into video games (I'm mid-60's), but could be retired now if I hadn't discovered pinball in college. Two standouts from those days were Klondike and Orbit; finding those now and I'd never afford this hobby!
Found my absolute favorite shopping center in hurst for my vintage hobby. There is a store called vintage freak which has record players, vinyls, collectables and all kinds of treasure. The second is a classic game store and repair shop and my new fav....

A retro quarter arcade!
I was in love, $3 all day pass and .25 a game.

I played galaga (my fav), Ms PAC man, Street fighter, dig dug and a few pinball machines.

What was your fav retro game? Arcade or console? Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
Space Harrier was my fave in the arcades. I didn’t really start playing Street Fighter until it hit consoles because I didn’t want to spend the GDP of Sweden to get better at it. I could probably hold my own now.
Lady, you should check out the video game museum in north dfw. It has a entire area on vintage games and their history. Included with a bunch of the old stand up consoles that you can play.

Anyone remember kaboom on Atari? I was the Universe Champion on that game. I think I have an Olympic gold medal somewhere for it lol
Lady, you should check out the video game museum in north dfw. It has a entire area on vintage games and their history. Included with a bunch of the old stand up consoles that you can play.

Anyone remember kaboom on Atari? I was the Universe Champion on that game. I think I have an Olympic gold medal somewhere for it lol Originally Posted by pistol shot
I had no idea there was a museum for it! There is also a TV museum but can't remember the name. You get to play on the green screen and fly like Superman. I got to sit on the Wayne's world couch.