Concealed carry to be obsolete? New radar to detect guns on the body.

• CJ7
  • 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM
My options vest in Q3 of 2014. Originally Posted by ExNYer
G'luck wit dat ..
Yea, and if they don't obey the front door attendant can ...

... bounce that flashlight off their head!

The airport scanners are also ...... "fully automated" .... Originally Posted by LexusLover
Big malls already have lots of cops around.

And a lot of movie theaters, including a few in N. Dallas and Plano that have cops handing around the front door.

The system isn't perfect. But considering the fact that most CHL holders consider themselves law-abiding people, I imagine the vast majority will simply leave the gun in the car once they are refused admittance to public places a few times.

It won't stop a determined criminal or deranged killer, but they won't be stopped if the system isn't there either.
  • CJ7
  • 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
some idiot goes to a mall intent on killing a few people, the poor guy checking for concealed weapons will be the first to go face down when he confronts the issue
some idiot goes to a mall intent on killing a few people, the poor guy checking for concealed weapons will be the first to go face down when he confronts the issue Originally Posted by CJ7
But maybe everybody else can run before he gets into the middle of the crowd and causes mass casualties?
It will be great for the gangstas and criminals that would have robbed and killed you if they didn't know you had a concealed gun, now they will move on to the unarmed. Just another reason to carry and conceal.
some idiot goes to a mall intent on killing a few people, the poor guy checking for concealed weapons will be the first to go face down when he confronts the issue Originally Posted by CJ7
But maybe everybody else can run before he gets into the middle of the crowd and causes mass casualties? Originally Posted by ExNYer
with great power comes great responsibility ....or it would suck to be working on that day
From the article

Sarabandi concedes that engineers have a ways to go before the radar can be used by the general public. The technology has not yet been tested on humans, or on humans with real guns. Instead, researchers used computer simulations, and experimented with a mannequin painted with a coat that reflects radar-like human skin.
So a poorly thought out device that's not nearly ready for prime time and likely doesn't have a practical application.

Keep your metal detector.

I wonder what's going to happen when it constantly mis-scans women's purses.
I wonder what's going to happen when it constantly mis-scans women's purses. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Cavity searches.
Cavity searches. Originally Posted by LexusLover
In that case, these gun detectors are going to be IB Hankering's favorite new technology.

He'll probably visit every story in town with one of these detectors with a metal block stuck in his man-purse.