Condos vs. hotels?

• WTF
  • 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Houston now but I hang out up in Park City and Tahoe in the summer, to damn hot down here!
Hi London :-) Long time no "read"...good to see some ladies of substance back here again :-)
Condos i am sure are a great idea. sometimes also other ladies sublet their private appts (for work) and make good rates. You can use the ladies board at bigdoddie for that and ask around too :-)
Hey Nina!! Missed you and Tiff when I was away! Thanks for the advice baby, and hope you are doing great!
I've never checked out the condo options for Boston, being that this is my home turf. However, for other cities I like booking private condos if I'm going to be staying for more than a few days. I've found a few listed on kayak.com that I liked for both NYC and Chicago... there's probably something comparable in Boston.

~Mme X~
Thanks guys! Heading to Boston and NYC again, so I will check out Kayak. I just need to make sure they are not the ones that require a key card to park or enter the unit. That would be a bit annoying and risky.
If you are on OK terms with her, you might PM Camille. Even if she's not there now, she spent a lot of time in Boston.
Hey WTF, Are you in Boston now? Did you relocate? I was there first week of August and had a blast! Where will you be next month? We should hang out.. of course it'll have to be before or after London visits Charlotte . Originally Posted by Naomi4u
You and London in Charlotte at the same time??? Sounds like we'll need to call up the National Guard in anticipation of the disaster. lol
We already have them on our side Charles. It's amazing what bjs and beer can do.

As for Camille, I don't think that's a ref I will be using any time soon. No offense to her of course.
Hey London you got a PM
FWIW, in NYC I looked at this and decided I can book rooms at the Pierre or Waldorf and have a better location and better service than for any condo in the price range. And this is with spending approx 60+ nights per year in NYC.
I found over 100 condos for about 400 per night. Upper East Side and Midtown, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, dining, living, and balcony. I think I will be going that route from now on. Even with the cleaning fees, it's still cheaper than any hotel and I need a house type deal, not a room with a bed and bath and no living space. I really am sick of paying top dollar for a room the size of a closet just to enjoy a nice freaking lobby lol.
London, I'm going to PM you. My NYC "residence" is a gorgeous version of all the features you describe, close to several financial sectors and a number of fun bars, and a little over a quarter of that price.

~Mme X~
[Chorus:]
(And) She said, hey ramblin' boy
Why don't you settle down
Boston ain't your kind of town.... Originally Posted by WTF
There ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like me.....
You and London in Charlotte at the same time??? Sounds like we'll need to call up the National Guard in anticipation of the disaster. lol Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Sorry you feel that way. The guys love me here. I have reviews to prove it . London would do just fine in CLT and yah... we'd have a blast together .
Ok, so I am not exactly cheap when it comes to hotels when I have to use them, but the going rates for 4 star hotels in Boston are double what I have paid anywhere else...even using hotels.com

I decided to look into condo rentals and sure enough....MUCH cheaper. If any of you have experience with condo rentals in the Backbay area, please feel free to share. I obviously can't use the ones that require you to have a key card so I am not looking for the high rise types. Moreso, a single family unit that allows suitors to walk right to my door.

Thanks in advance. Originally Posted by London Rayne
www.vacationrentals.com