Endangered Pleasures?

Didn't mean to hijack this to addictions.

There is a general assault on the food we enjoy. I hate feeling guilty over eating food "that's not good for me." I can easily lay off red meat.

But chocolate and sweets. Never. The best I can do is reduce the intake.

And besides, chocolate is good for me, especially dark. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I figure I'll take more years off my life worrying about my diet than I will just having what I want to have in moderation.

My doctor is satisfied with my blood tests and BP readings (I'm a diabetic with high blood pressure), and I'm not sweating my diet at all. If I get into a problem, he'll let me know soon enough.

Cheers,

bcg
Skip the bacon and the profanity...I'll take 3 of those martinis, if you please.

Naps, on the other hand, are an underappreciated luxury.
And besides, chocolate is good for me, especially dark. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Yep. Chocolate and red wine are rich in antioxidants so they're now considered health foods.

What a wonderful world!

And yes, naps are an underappreciated luxury. I've always thought a very short nap (20 minutes or so) is as valuable as an hour's worth of sleep during the night.
I've always thought a very short nap (20 minutes or so) is as valuable as an hour's worth of sleep during the night. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Thomas Edison never slept, but survived on 20 minute naps. However, I'm willing to suffer through a good night's sleep.
Homemade ice cream with locally grown peaches on a hot summer afternoon.

Fishing from bream off a pier, catching a mess, and having them for dinner that night.

Good homemade fried pies.

Good homemade chicken and dumpling once a week.

Homegrown tomatoes, cucumbers, and cantaloupe all summer long.

Fried green tomatoes in the early fall.

Those are just a few.
skinny dipping.

making love under the sun on a grassy field.

making love in a grassy field under a full moon. Originally Posted by Garland_Bone
Chiggers.
How about 3 martinis, naked wrestling, and then a nap?
Skip the bacon and the profanity...I'll take 3 of those martinis, if you please.

Naps, on the other hand, are an underappreciated luxury. Originally Posted by TinMan
Chiggers. Originally Posted by awl4knot
nail polish
Still have one drive-in in Western Ky. They have the best cheeseburgers ever. All fresh ground beef. Park the truck, set the chairs up in the bed, cooler of cold adult beverages, sack of cheeseburgers. Doesn,t get much better. I've actually seen people with an old love seat in the bed of the truck, seems like a good idea.

One thing I miss from my mis-spent youth is real fireworks. You know, back when you could buy the good stuff. Cherry bombs, M-80s, Silver Salutes. I can remember our neighborhood fireworks show being as good as the one the city put on. Now the best firecracker you can "legally" buy in KY sounds like a loud fart.
Pretty much extinct now but....Drive-in movies! I remember so many great times growing up at the drive-in just off 75 and Parker Rd in Plano. I particularly remember the back seat adventures! Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Heck, I'd say movie theaters in general. It seems there are fewer and fewer "must see" films combined with shorter release windows for DVD/PPV & I just wait to watch at home.

I don't have to fight traffic to get to the theater. I don't have to find a parking spot. I don't have to sneak in my adult beverage. I can watch in my boxer shorts & an old t-shirt. I can hit pause....& there is a lot more I can "do" with my lady on the couch than in a theatre

Now the best firecracker you can "legally" buy in KY sounds like a loud fart. Originally Posted by colels
As I drive around the country this time of year (4th of July season), I'm always amazed at the thrown up road side stands right on the state lines of states with less restrictive fireworks laws. Who knew there was such a market....
-- Having (and being able to afford) a car that is actually fun to drive . . .

-- Being able to flirt with a female co-worker (respectfully and tastefully, of course, and with her full participation) without getting called down to the HR office . . .
How about 3 martinis, naked wrestling, and then a nap? Originally Posted by anova444
1 Martini for me and then the naked wrestling, naked wrestling, nekkid grappling. Time for my nap.
Let's go!
How about 3 martinis, naked wrestling, and then a nap? Originally Posted by anova444
That just about describes our last session, doesn't it? LOL!
LOL! except I think I had about five.
When I woke up, I felt like I'd had a bakers dozen!!
Let's do it again!

I don't think martinis are an endangered pleasure. Brain cells may be.