XY Handles

If this guy keeps reappearing like a bad penny , why isn’t ip banned Originally Posted by quimps
Virtual private network
Virtual private network Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Lol. Well if someone goes to those lengths to keep posting ...
Virtual private network Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Lol. Well if someone goes to those lengths to keep posting ... Originally Posted by quimps
Silly people.

There is no way to ban IP's for people who connect via vía their mobile provider because mobile providers funnel huge swaths of users through proxy. Banning one user would effectively block big chunks of users. Also, the proxy people pass through changes based on traffic at any particular moment and is intelligently routed least cost. If connecting through a home broadband connection, the IP changes less, but it still changes unless you pay for a dedicated IP.

There are other ways to glimpse other information about what devices people use to connect to the internet but honestly, how many of the thousands of users have the exact same make and model phone or tablet.

I connect from Spain, not because I use a VPN but because I live in Spain.

There is no way to ban IP's for people who connect via vía their mobile provider because mobile providers funnel huge swaths of users through proxy. Banning one user would effectively block big chunks of users. Also, the proxy people pass through changes based on traffic at any particular moment and is intelligently routed least cost. If connecting through a home broadband connection, the IP changes less, but it still changes unless you pay for a dedicated IP.... Originally Posted by Frank Fucks It Right
To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson...."Check out the brain on Frank! You a smart mutherfukker, that's right!"