I just heard this on Hannity, who can fact check it?

What so many here won't tell you is that it is true. The tax increases will suck a lot of money out of the economy but "a lot" is a subjective term. It will only run the country for about eight days but cost the country upwards of a million jobs. I do want you to take note of some of this comments. Notice how they are all about we need tax increases, or these only affect the rich (affluent), only the rich will pay more. Do you see that not one of these people are talking about cutting spending? Twice in my lifetime the democrats have gone to a republican president and promised (cross my heart and hope to die) to cut spending more than any tax increase. They lied both times and they are lying again. There should be no tax increases until major cuts are enacted. Not promised, but enacted and structured so they can't be changed back. The democratic party has no credibility when it comes to spending cuts.

Here is something else to think about, if the government took ALL of the money from the rich and middle class (all means they can only do this once) it would only run the country for about 10 months. Remember, it can only be done one time and then anyone of any consequence would be broke.
Broke? Such a dipshit!
  • Seedy
  • 11-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Fuck all you dickwads, when the country goes completely down the shitter with this cocksucker as captain of the ship. I'll grow my own fucking veggies, and catch fish for dinner. You fucks need to wake the fuck up....lol
Seedman.....

I have weapons if you get tired of fish.... Oops I meant to say... I know where you can get free range animals.

They look like steak, Taste like steak .... fugg they are steak... you just have to do most of the work yourself...
  • Seedy
  • 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Seedman.....

I have weapons if you get tired of fish.... Oops I meant to say... I know where you can get free range animals.

They look like steak, Taste like steak .... fugg they are steak... you just have to do most of the work yourself... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
I have weapons also bro, and can hit a flea in the ass at 300 yards. Saving the ammo for when it counts. Anyway, fishing is one of my favorite hobbies, and i'm pretty good at it...lol
The tax increases will suck a lot of money out of the economy but "a lot" is a subjective term. It will only run the country for about eight days but cost the country upwards of a million jobs... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Say what?!?

Upwards of "a million jobs?"

Come on, let's keep the debate within the bounds of reason and leave out the ridiculous over-the-top exaggerations.

Both parties shovel plenty of silly demagoguery. Democrats need to drop the pretense that increasing taxes only on the "rich" is going to do much to reduce the deficit, and Republicans need to refrain from ridiculously overblown claims that the proposed tax increase would devastate the economy and "kill" a huge number of jobs. It wouldn't.

Any tax increase is likely to produce some adverse consequences of one sort or another. There's just no way around that.

But the debate would proceed in a more serious and better fashion if both sides would drop the disingenuity and refrain from claims and that no one capable of critical thinking should take seriously.
Can someone answer the question, Is it true?
"tax the rich" will get you 8 days. What then? Originally Posted by Jackie S
The dollars match, but the question is what 8 days .... and what revenue.

.. the tax cuts expire for 2013. You would not actually KNOW until 2014.

Speculation?
...can hit a flea in the ass at 300 yards. Originally Posted by seedman55
Standing or hopping?
CBJ7, Bush did not design the tax cuts to expire because he "knew it was good for the economy, it was a compromise with the dems.

The rest of you libs, why not try facts instead flame?
  • CJ7
  • 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM
CBJ7, Bush did not design the tax cuts to expire because he "knew it was good for the economy, it was a compromise with the dems.

The rest of you libs, why not try facts instead flame? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
compromise, really?

he had a majority house and senate why would he compromise?

Then give us a link to back your bullshit. Then lookup the word "filibuster".
  • CJ7
  • 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Then give us a link to back your bullshit. Then lookup the word "filibuster". Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Got nothin', do you, CBJ7?
  • CJ7
  • 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Got nothin', do you, CBJ7? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

The bills were written that way because the Republicans had only the slimmest of Senate majorities — in fact, Vice President Dick Cheney had to cast a tie-breaking vote to pass the 2003 bill. To avoid a Democratic filibuster, the cuts were rolled into a so-called budget reconciliation measure, which cannot be filibustered. (It is the mechanism President Obama and the Democrats used to pass health care reform.)
But under Senate rules, reconciliation cannot be used for any bill that would add to the federal deficit after 10 years. The “sunset’' provision that called for the measures to expire in 2010 meant that the deficit was calculated as if the higher tax rates were back in place for succeeding years, a step Democrats criticized as camouflaging the bill’s true cost.

you loook up reconciliation measure, then look up compromise

then kiss my Texas ass !

• Seedy
  • 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Standing or hopping? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Standing, or should i say squatting, hell if i know, I'm good but not that good, to hit one hoppin.....lol