sure hope the republican House doesn't cave ..

As long as they pass a defense bill to pay the troops, then shut down the whole government. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised how much of a whimper there will be. Maybe some will realize not having a bloated government is a good thing. Kinda like that whole sequestration thingie. It was suppose to be all doom and gloom. Reality, did anyone even notice?
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
As long as they pass a defense bill to pay the troops, then shut down the whole government. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised how much of a whimper there will be. Maybe some will realize not having a bloated government is a good thing. Kinda like that whole sequestration thingie. It was suppose to be all doom and gloom. Reality, did anyone even notice? Originally Posted by Cpalmson

notice the market today? I seriously doubt investors (that weren't prepared) loved the decline ... wait till it opens in the morning.
TeaWipes will cost. TeaWipes will pay.

Most of America is not nearly as stupid as these pillaging, looting barbarians think they are.

America will stand. They will fall.

Happy October motherfuckers!
Our tax dollars at work.This is GOP pettiness and stupidity of the highest level. If someone doesn't understand that, then.....why am I not surprised?
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 10:19 PM
This is GOP pettiness and stupidity of the highest level. If someone doesn't understand that, then.....why am I not surprised? Originally Posted by daty/o

sure it is, and I hope it lasts until the people storm the Hill with a rope and a ladder in their hands ... they're close

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...oll-97590.html
You know, no one really cares. Go to WalMart or QuikTrip tomorrow and look around. No one gives a damn. No one will pay, because no one cares.
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 10:38 PM
You know, no one really cares. Go to WalMart or QuikTrip tomorrow and look around. No one gives a damn. No one will pay, because no one cares. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

walmart and quicktrip are government stores?

who knew
Being that stupid must take a lot of effort, CBJ7.
You'd know whiny!
walmart and quicktrip are government stores?

who knew Originally Posted by CJ7
The only Government store is the Gift Shop at the White House. Go take a trip and see if they have a good sale going on for blue toilet paper with the names all those brave Dems embroidered on each sheet.
Since Obama has already delayed the mandates for big business and his union buddies how does he defend not delaying the mandate for the individuals. He also is changing the law to appease those with access so how does he justify stating that the law is in effect and congress has to accept it but he can change it whenever he feels it is necessary. Congress passes the laws, his job is to implement them. If he needs a change he should be going back to congress for the change. Originally Posted by Laz
Exactly. I don't understand why Boehner and the other Republicans who get TV time aren't constantly pointing this out.

I've also read that Obama will not enforce the regulations around the subsidies for the first year. You can literally lie and say you have no income in order to get the maximum subsidy. There will be no enforcement or penalty or clawback if you don't declare your income.

It'll be similar to the sequester, after nothing major happens, no one will care.
Laughable that anyone thinks anybody will be held accountable in Washington. Originally Posted by nwarounder
The shutdown will be similar to the sequester. Supposedly the "non-essential" federal employees still have to show up to work and will get paid at a later date. I doubt you'll see much change in Bigkotex's productivity.

My bet is the benefit of OCare will be very small and the cost very large. There are people who think with Obama in office that they don't have to "worry about paying for my rent and gas and healthcare" but will find they've backed the wrong horse again.
Strange world you live in ass fly.