The "Angry" Hobbyist

What great statesman said, "I will return."? Originally Posted by Coyote83462
"I shall return."

Douglas MacArthur, on his evacuation from the island fortress of Corregidor just ahead of the Japanese conquest of the Philippines in early World War II.

Cheers,

"Mister Trivia"
Thanks BCG..... I thought it was some military person...
"I shall return."

Douglas MacArthur, on his evacuation from the island fortress of Corregidor just ahead of the Japanese conquest of the Philippines in early World War II.

Cheers,

"Mister Trivia" Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
And born in Little Rock at the army camp that is now MacArthur Park
somebody leave a cake out in the rain?
LOL! The younger ones won't get that cultural reference. Did anyone ever figure out what that song was actually about?
LOL! The younger ones won't get that cultural reference. Did anyone ever figure out what that song was actually about? Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Macauthur park Richard Harris 1968
I don’t know what it was about, but he made a big deal out of his cake getting ruined, and losing the recipe.
Yep. And Richard Harris and "A Man Called Horse" won't wring out
any cultural references with the young ones either. Damn, that torture ceremony was harrowing. MAYBE they remember Richard as Englishman Bob in "Unforgiven"?
Yep. And Richard Harris and "A Man Called Horse" won't wring out
any cultural references with the young ones either. Damn, that torture ceremony was harrowing. MAYBE they remember Richard as Englishman Bob in "Unforgiven"? Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Definitely as Dumbledore...
LOL! The younger ones won't get that cultural reference. Did anyone ever figure out what that song was actually about? Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Metaphor for a breakup in a relationship Richard Webb had with a girl. He wrote the song after he heard she was getting married. Many of the memorable moments in their relationship took place in and around MacArthur Park in LA.

Webb made two albums with Harris, an actor rather than a singer, but he had just finished playing King Arthur in the musical Camelot so was pretty famous and known as a singer after that role.

And why the hell did I have to answer this? Isn’t that Soanky’s job?
The younger crowd might also remember him As Emperor Marcus
Aurelius in Gladiator, remember when Comedus killed him to become emperor?
That's right! Forgot all about that one.
Angry that I didn't get action on my birthday
Angry that I didn't get action on my birthday Originally Posted by shortblkguy

Make it up action is always good
Donna summer!!! McAurther Park !!! I'm telling my age!!!