ONE OF MANY REASONS WHY GW BUSH WAS A TERRIBLE PRESIDENT....THOMAS EDISON WEEPS...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a world record sized douche bag hanging out of your ass? The reason I ask is because it seemed to me that colostomy bags were made small for the purpose of conceal-ability and discretion (and probably not the color of the t-mobile girl's dress). Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
HEH, you like links. Here's one from or own goverment. Read it and tell me mercury is a good thing. Those CP bulbs are full of it.

http://www.epa.gov/hg/exposure.htm
China is LAUGHING there ass off. Our own laws let them make the very bulbs that will brain damage and kill our future generations.
I changed over to compact fluorescent 4 years ago after I HAD to buy them in a shitty rental house with lousy electrical that kept burning out regular ones.

My house now is 100% of these compact ones. I will agree the mercury is bad but there is no buzz, no flicker, they are just as bright and I have cut my electricity bill 30%+

On top of that I've had maybe two burn out in 4 years. Fuck a regular bulb.
I am glad you are happy with choice you made to use compacts; after Jan 1 consumers will not have the same options- Big Government dictates another corner of our lives.

I changed over to compact fluorescent 4 years ago after I HAD to buy them in a shitty rental house with lousy electrical that kept burning out regular ones.

My house now is 100% of these compact ones. I will agree the mercury is bad but there is no buzz, no flicker, they are just as bright and I have cut my electricity bill 30%+

On top of that I've had maybe two burn out in 4 years. Fuck a regular bulb. Originally Posted by budman33

On top of that I've had maybe two burn out in 4 years. Fuck a regular bulb. Originally Posted by budman33
those CFCs take a while to light up, no?

there have been many complaints about its lighting, not bright enough or its lighting makes the room look lots different; something like that.♠
Bud, maybe you should have corrected the electrical problems in that house, rather than find bulbs that don't mind improper wiring. Just sayin'.
Looks like the Republican led Congress is righting the wrong............

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ight-bulb-ban/
those CFCs take a while to light up, no?

there have been many complaints about its lighting, not bright enough or its lighting makes the room look lots different; something like that.♠ Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

They work like a regular bulb for me they dont flicker light like long fluorescent tubes do. They have saved me a ton of money in bills and arent expensive when you buy in 10 packs from home depot.

CoG? wasn't my house so I had no ability to fix the old electrical. All I know is the cfl's made the house tolerable and bills went down.

The environmental argument doesnt fly since coal power plants emit much more mercury than these bulbs IF broken. I think I've broken one in all this time. they just go bad, albeit rarely.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/news/4217864
Looks like the Republican led Congress is righting the wrong............

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ight-bulb-ban/ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
not quite, the laws still on, its just delayed by another year or so. Obama can't spend funds to enforce it for a time.

they did try to repeal it out right, but the senate dems weren't having none of that.
The Senate Democrats aren't very "bright".

The Senate Democrats aren't very "bright".

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

wish there was a way to cross that smiley with an large red X.
Stupid, This is one thing they did right. major energy savings to be had here and relatively inexpensive. I bought a 12 pack of compact bulbs last night for my inlaws. 17 bucks. will save them 1200 over the next year in electricity bills.
Stupid, This is one thing they did right. major energy savings to be had here and relatively inexpensive. I bought a 12 pack of compact bulbs last night for my inlaws. 17 bucks. will save them 1200 over the next year in electricity bills. Originally Posted by budman33
maybe so, but make that a consumer choice rather than a mandate from the government.