The Official 2023 Texas Rangers Division Series and World Series Thread

• BLM69
  • 10-23-2023, 05:18 PM
I caught the last 2 innings of game 6, I'm not really a baseball fan but I appreciate the 2 best teams going at it
As usual as they have done many times in the past, the Houston Astros choked again.
Thats taking credit away from the Texas Rangers. The Rangers dominated them tonight.
I grew up an Astros fan, and still have fond memories of attending games at the ‘dome (as much of a dump as it was towards the end). The Rangers have been “my team” since I’ve now lived up here most of my adult life, but still pulled for Houston even as they became the new “evil empire”. At least when they weren’t playing us since we’ve been in the same division.

I have to admit I’ve been giving some of my Houston work colleagues an uncharacteristic (for me) amount of grief this ALCS. I love how this rivalry has become perhaps the best in baseball. I never thought I’d be on one side of something akin to Yankees-Red Sox, but it sure had that feel to it.

That Game 6 atmosphere was wild, at least it came across that way on tv. I loved every bit of it, particularly the outcome. Game 7 was both a letdown (the energy just got sucked out of the place in a hurry) and a welcome comeuppance.

What great baseball. While I still don’t think we have the pitching to win four more games, I’m not going to count us out. These guys have no memory of 2011, and have already proven they won’t be weighed down by history.
I still remember all the times the Astros choked in playoffs, championship and then World Series

https://www.espn.com/mlb/history/teams/_/team/Hou
Yeah, well…I remember all the times we were simply mediocre.
I think as long as we can get Monty and Big Game Nate each 2 starts, we have a chance to win 4. Right now, the 1-3 record at home is going to have to quickly change to at least 2-4 if not 3-3 if we want a chance to win it all. We have gone through 3 tough teams. Started with the best team of the early season, followed up by the best AL team.. then an Astros team who, while I dont like them (rivalry), you still have to respect since they have made it this far the past 7 seasons. They were still the defending champs.

For a team that had losing records the previous 2 seasons.. making it to the World Series was not something I was expecting AT ALL, but I am here for the ride while it lasts.
Adolis is a bad man!
Well, as a former local fan, I'm certainly pulling for the StRangers. Had a few good teams get so close, I think this one can beat either NL team. Already beat the "best" team in baseball in the ALCS.
Does anyone remember Dime Beer night at the old Ranger stadium? Good gravy, the bleachers were a party. They'd let you in free after the 4th, and almost free beer, albeit Busch or some other trash beer. At that age, I didn't care. Good lord what fun we used to have at that old shitty stadium hahaha
El Bombi is becoming Seņor Octubre. That game was a hard hard fought victory. was feeling like it was getting away from us but thankfully they tied it in the 9th to at least force extra innings
Went to game 1 and had a blast. Ate way too much overpriced food.
Rangers rolled over last night. They need to re-group tomorrow and get the bats fired up. I predict they will.

Game 3:

Rangers 7
DBacks 3
Yeah that was probably their worst showing in this post season. Hopefully it was just a blip on the radar. If they can take 2 of the 3 in Arizona, we have a good chance of taking it all. If we continue our unbeaten streak on the road, we wont need to come back home to play.
It was almost a perfect 2 days for DFW sportfans. Cowboys won. Mavs won. Stars won. Rangers won. FC Dallas is the only team that did not win. They are still in their playoffs tho. Best of 3.

Rangers defense played very well. Bullpen did their job. Chapman had me a bit worried in the bottom of the 8th but thankfully only gave up 1. 2 down, 2 to go. This one may have come at at high price though. Everyone is waiting to see the MRI results on Adolis Garcia.
One win away again from world series champs. Bats got hot today.. bullpen did what it needed to do. Only thing I wish didnt happen was those last 6 runs the DBacks got. Hopefully its not momentum in their favor going into tomorrow.