What to do if you're stuck in an airport

Just did trans continental today. Female captain (smooth flight, nice flare on landing, smooth, prolly two point touch). But the best part was internet on board! Woo Hoo. Tried to hit here but wife woke up from nap. Emailing and surfing at 35,000 feet. It's a great way to pass the time. Only problem was I couldn't get power so the battery ran down at the end of the flight. Fee was $12.95 per flight or they were offering a special of $29.95 for thirty days. Originally Posted by SR Only
I'm all for wi-fi/internet on flights (with headphones)...I think I will go nuts if they allow cell phone use. Sure it is practical, but I don't want to hear a couple hours of my neighbors' conversations.
there are already ways to get around the blocks and use skype and other such services
I'm all for wi-fi/internet on flights (with headphones)...I think I will go nuts if they allow cell phone use. Sure it is practical, but I don't want to hear a couple hours of my neighbors' conversations. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Word.

It's bad enough to deal with crying babies. Adding obnoxiously business men, loud teenagers and gossiping wives on cell phones and I'd be tempted to give up flying.
There are times that being hard of hearing can be a blessing!!

As long as I've got my noise-canceling headphones, good music, & more more level up on the volume control the rest of these donkeys can do what they want!!
Every flight I took in December with Air Tran I got a free upgrade to First class. One of the flight attend's told me that they do this every year in December WEEKENDS only! When it get's to the week before Christmas they do it every day IF there are any seats left available. So, get there early (to the gate) and request an upgrade. Even if you don't usually fly Airtran worth it's for that little nugget....especially if you are tall.

C x
some people like to click the heals together in the mens room.
Every flight I took in December with Air Tran I got a free upgrade to First class. One of the flight attend's told me that they do this every year in December WEEKENDS only! When it get's to the week before Christmas they do it every day IF there are any seats left available. So, get there early (to the gate) and request an upgrade. Even if you don't usually fly Airtran worth it's for that little nugget....especially if you are tall.

C x Originally Posted by Camille
I'll file that away for 11 months from now
Drink. Flirt. Buy crap I don't need (I'm obsessed with the Sephora vending machine in the Jet Blue terminal at JFK). Read.
Whip out the Kindle. Originally Posted by oden
Did someone say, "whips?" I'm there.
you could be reading a book at the gate and miss the flight even though they called my name, or so the gate agent said, three times. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Yeah, with the clarity of those mics and speakers, it probably sounded like, "Flight *&^&%# calling !@%%$#&^^%$ )&^%$##$$. Please report to $#!*&%#$."

Easily understood...NOT!