Are tattoos distracting ?

Male or female, they are not to distracting for me, some of the stories that go with the tats are quite entertaining. but face or neck tats do distract me and I find them not very appealing.
"Distracting?" For me, it's not that they are distracting, it is simply a matter of appearance/beauty/preference. I don't like them, at all, on anyone, ever.

Tattoos are a fad and a trend, and I hope the fad will fade. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Most of the people getting them now would not have dreamed of doing so 20 or even 10 years ago. They are simply following a fad. Whatever.

You know, in the 70's we had fads for some really stupid looking clothes (can anyone say bright green leisure suit?) and crazy hair styles. When the fad passed we got new clothes...

And since we are on the topic of distractions...I also steer my money away from fake tits. Can't understand why anyone would assault those beautiful creations. Female breasts are wonderful, lovely and mesmerizing, no matter what size, but only in their natural state. Again, my opinion.

PLEASE NOTE: No need to flame me. This is a place/forum/thread for opinion. I expressed mine, you can express yours, without any personal attacks. As you can see, I did not mention or criticize (or applaud for that matter) any other person's post or opinion. Originally Posted by capone380
I don't personally share many of your opinions, but good post nonetheless, Capone.

First off, I agree that tats are a matter of preference and if you don't find them attractive then fine... that's your choice. What baffles me is the choice of the word "distracting" that others so often use. Again... distracting from what? This seems to imply that some guys can't get hard because of tattoos. What else could it mean?

Secondly, I think tattoos are long past being considered merely a fad. Fads are only popular for a brief period of time. Tattoos have been around forever and have only become increasingly more and more popular over the past couple of decades and I think the popularity of tattoos owes more to the stigmas and stereotypes associated with people who have tattoos evaporating.

Personally, I value personal expression and individuality and if someone feels getting a tattoo helps demonstrate that then so be it and more power to them.

Lastly... as to "fake tits", I think it depends on the tits and the woman. I completely disagree with the idea that ALL breasts are mesmerizing and wonderful in their natural state and seeing as more than 300,000 American women get breast augmentation each year, clearly I'm not alone in that opinion. Again... it's about individual choice. If a woman is unhappy with the way her breasts look then why not do something about it? She's the one that has to live with them.
Tattoos are sexy
I don't like tetoos.

If someone has one or two small ones—well maybe.

a whole sleeve or multiple large ones just turn me off.

I have worked with WW-II vets in a medical setting and have seen plenty of tatoos. There is nothing sadder than a 60 year old Hula Dancer or a list of old girlfriends with a line tatooed through each.

Tatoos on a woman are even more unattractive.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Don't like the ink, I just like the pink! Originally Posted by Still Looking
Say it on the mountain for all to hear.

I don't like 'em.
Makes a beautiful woman look cheap.

Though my SO and ATF have little tattoos.
Both about the same size.
Both on the same ankle.
SO has a cobra
ATF has a cute skull

I notice neither unless I'm nibbling
on their feet.
I love tats & artworks on other people but I am sad to say I have none.
I just wanted to know if tattoos on a provider is distracting and if not then how many is too many ? Also ladies is it an issue for you if a guy has a lot of tattoos ? Originally Posted by Gucci
I don't like tetoos.

If someone has one or two small ones—well maybe.

a whole sleeve or multiple large ones just turn me off.

I have worked with WW-II vets in a medical setting and have seen plenty of tatoos. There is nothing sadder than a 60 year old Hula Dancer or a list of old girlfriends with a line tatooed through each.

Tatoos on a woman are even more unattractive.

Just my $0.02 worth. Originally Posted by ICU 812

Interesting perspective. I had a client at the gym who's a Korean War vet and he has old Disney tattoos. Told me they cost 2.00 a piece back then. I look at them not as sad, but as roadmaps of his life. He clearly was a Disney fan LOL. And those tattoos were the old versions of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
I am willing to bet that everyone in this thread that is antitattoo has a head full of shitty stripper tats/douchebag tribal bullshit.

To the guy who thinks it makes ladies look cheap? Well, sure, getting cheap tattoos will do that to ya.

A good tattoo harmonizes with your body.
Tattoos are a great way of expressing yourself. When you look down at them you remember when you got it and what you were going through at the time in your life. Kinda like a timeline of your life. But I think they can be very distracting, when I see someone with one I want to ask questions about it. But I do think they are sexy if tasteful.
Always liked the Crown Tat or Money Maker Tat! Let's me know who is getting the money.
I was on the way to get a tattoo three times in my life but was to drunk by the time I got to the tattoo parlor each time. I find that I enjoy looking at a tattoo or three on a lady as being sexy. On the other hand a tattoo on the neck or face strikes me of being over the limit. I have noticed some "owned" providers with what I consider a brand rather than a tattoo. When I see that I see a pimp with gold teeth and a lady with low self esteem. I have over the years received several scars and I look back on them as learning experiences. (duck the next time)
A safe, reputable tattoo artist will not give you one if you are drunk.
Yep that's what prevented me from getting one.
Most of the time, tattoos on a lady are not distracting to me. They can even add to her allure.

However, the quality, quantity, and location of the ink does matter. Family portraits, swastikas (or other racist/bigoted symbols), misspelled words, and ink on the face would be on the turn-off list. Originally Posted by Diomidis

I Misspelled it on purpose lol
I'm a bit strange when it comes to tats. I don't mind them on the arms, calves, back of shoulders and ankles. But stomach, breasts, cleavage, thighs, above butt, neck and face I can't stand them.