Clean and Fresh...Unreasonable Expectation?

While I haven't run into any hygene issues, I have had some girls wear perfume or body spray. As pleasant as it may smell, it does rub off. Even if I jump in the shower, that scent still seems to linger and I spend the rest of the day paranoid. Originally Posted by irpatio
Try getting that and other scents out of a full beard. Good thing I do not have a SO, and can enjoy it.
Try getting that and other scents out of a full beard. Good thing I do not have a SO, and can enjoy it. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
hehehehe.... saving something for later?
A dancer I know uses vanilla perfume. Give her a dollar, And smell it for a few days. Wash beard two three times before it is gone.
No sb14450. It is not an unreasonable request , and should be the standard. The cost of these services puts it into the professional category -- like doctors, lawyers, architects etc. As such , there are certain baseline expectations from any professional. What you describe should be the baseline level of professionalism for any SP.

Unlike a couple of others, I don't mind naming some names as I am not from Rochester, so if I missed someone, it is likely because I have not had the chance to meet them. However, in my limited Rochester experience, I have found Hanna to consistently epitomize this professionalism. Gabrielle also is obsessively neat -- in a good way. Beyond that , I can't comment on the ladies out your way.

It also stands to reason that you are likely to see a more consistent level of professionalism from the Indy ladies who usually have less of an assembly line than some of the agency situations. Obviously, that is not universal, but if one is playing the odds.....
Any hobbyiest that just got busted for burning time before seeing a provider by watching this dancer. Sorry, was not intent.
I appreciate the varied insights and opinions. I don't think I'm looking for perfection, just an SP the thinks enough of herself to take care of herself AND understands the importance of the quality of the session. I will continue my quest for an SP that is looking to build a long term relationship with a client.
While I haven't run into any hygene issues, I have had some girls wear perfume or body spray. As pleasant as it may smell, it does rub off. Even if I jump in the shower, that scent still seems to linger and I spend the rest of the day paranoid. Originally Posted by irpatio
That's something you should bring up to the lady before your meeting. Let her know the day before (so she isn't already wearing any the day of your get together) that you'd prefer she not wear perfume/body spray. I think most-if not all-ladies would have no problem with that request.
As I read this topic, a couple of thoughts occured to me.....

Who on earth (male or female) would want to approach a session without being squeeky clean, shiny and fresh!! I mean, come on, this is very much like a date, and you'd sure get ready for a weekend date, right?

As a guy, I'd be HORRIFIED if I thought my date (provider or not) was disgusted by my hygiene....and going to a session IS like going on a date, for God's sake. I can't imagine any man going to an intimate setting while smelling like a wart hog......

And, Second.....if a guy DID actually disrespect himself enought to show up smelling like a used jockstrap, I'm sure that any woman would surely be busy when he came calling a second time....

And, about the ladies......pretty much the same. I would NOT want to be intimate with someone 5 minutes after her last date.

No thanks. Uck.

Both men and women should be clean, freshened up and ready.....and this shouldn't even be a topic....or an expectation.

This should be a GIVEN!

elg.....
No sb14450. It is not an unreasonable request , and should be the standard. The cost of these services puts it into the professional category -- like doctors, lawyers, architects etc. As such , there are certain baseline expectations from any professional. What you describe should be the baseline level of professionalism for any SP. Originally Posted by Deepthinker
We generally let people know when were not happy with their service by either letting them know directly and/or by contacting their boss or the BBB. We don't do that here or at least the way that perhaps we should. The guys might list why they are not happy with the provider that they saw in their review but the lady has no access to that; she has no idea why you won't see her again. Perhaps if there was more direct communication between the gent and the lady after the fact it could not only help to improve the lady's reputation and business but could even unburn a bridge over the past bad experience between the two of them.

Just the other day I had a bad experience in a tech store. The service-or lack thereof-was so bad that I eneded up leaving and going to another store across the street for the same item. I e-mailed the manager of the original store to let him know what my experience had been and he e-mailed me back-within just a few hours-to let me know that he was really appreciative of e-mail to him to let him know how his employees could improve. The point is: He would never have known what was going on in his store if no one had directly contacted him about it and gave a detailed account of their experience.
Reviews are alot like a websites testimonials page. In my business I have testimonials from my customers, they let me know and anyone who reads them know what my services are all about. They can make or break your business.
  • m2244
  • 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
yes reviews can make or brake your business jymie...and it kind of sucks about them...ya know you have one bad day or something goes wrong and you are screwed .....oh well im pretty sure mine say clean and well put together
I am also shower between clients and limit the number of gentlement i see so they aren't back to back for several reason...
As I read this topic, a couple of thoughts occured to me.....

Who on earth (male or female) would want to approach a session without being squeeky clean, shiny and fresh!! I mean, come on, this is very much like a date, and you'd sure get ready for a weekend date, right?

As a guy, I'd be HORRIFIED if I thought my date (provider or not) was disgusted by my hygiene....and going to a session IS like going on a date, for God's sake. I can't imagine any man going to an intimate setting while smelling like a wart hog......

And, Second.....if a guy DID actually disrespect himself enought to show up smelling like a used jockstrap, I'm sure that any woman would surely be busy when he came calling a second time....

And, about the ladies......pretty much the same. I would NOT want to be intimate with someone 5 minutes after her last date.

No thanks. Uck.

Both men and women should be clean, freshened up and ready.....and this shouldn't even be a topic....or an expectation.

This should be a GIVEN!

elg..... Originally Posted by elghund
Elg well put sir.

If you trawl BP like I do for lack of funds (plus living in Syracuse, sigh) ... well, I like to throw 'em in the shower... erm... politely request if we could shower together at the start of the session.

I know it's clean if I've washed it.

But yeah the fact that it's even an issue is kind of depressing.