Mexican food anyone/anywhere??

OMG Food Coma for sure! Love Fuel City Tacos!!! Originally Posted by berkleigh
Fuel City ftmfw!
  • Iam45
  • 02-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Papasitos is my favorite, 75 before spring valley Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Mine too. Hands down. Hopefully I get to see you at lunch someday
Mine too. Hands down. Hopefully I get to see you at lunch someday Originally Posted by Iam45
Is that an invite
  • hal53
  • 02-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Luna de Noche is great. Just north of George Bush on Preston. And yes, mine is an invite
  • Iam45
  • 02-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Is that an invite Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
But, Of course.
Luna de Noche is great. Just north of George Bush on Preston. And yes, mine is an invite Originally Posted by hal53
I also like this place, they have an awesome chocolate strawberry margarita that is to die for.
But, Of course. Originally Posted by Iam45
I'm down
  • BLM69
  • 02-04-2016, 08:20 AM
That is like an Italian claiming Olive Garden. And Fuel City sucks compared to the many other options. Originally Posted by broes
Fuel city tacos are gross, low quality meats.
Fernandos. House made warm chips with a choice of 5 different kinds of salsa. All if you just order water. That gives you an idea of the meal to follow!
depending on where you are in n. dallas and how far you wanna drive....

taco cabana - better "fast" tex-mex. i have visited TCs from plano all the way down to the original in san antonio - only one mediocre meal in over 20 yrs.

Luna de Noche - preston rd, just north of plano parkway [nw corner]. great food, fresh, tasty, reasonalby priced.

el fenix - belt line rd. at montfort, just east of the dallas north tollway [sw corner]. old school tex-mex. orig store opened in the 40s i believe. not fancy, just good.

how far are you willing to drive from n. dallas??
  • M69
  • 02-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Javiers
4912 Cole Ave, Dallas, TX 75205

The best "gourmet" Mexican food in the DFW.

Mia's on Lemmon Ave.

The best TexMex in the DFW.
  • Iam45
  • 02-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Fuel city tacos are gross, low quality meats. Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Hey that is what happens in this hobby too.
  • BLM69
  • 02-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Hey that is what happens in this hobby too. Originally Posted by Iam45
The hobby can be the same as shopping for meats at the butcher shop
Ojeida's on Maple. Or the original El Fenix downtown. Originally Posted by daty/o
I moved out of Dallas in 93 and imho daty/o is the only one that has a clue. Herreras on Maple isn't the same in since moving to it's 3rd spot since it was in National Geographic. Mattitos in Lake Wood deserves an honorable mention. It's roots are in Austin. Son of Matt's El Rancho. Used to be you had to be cool to know to order a Bob Dip. Now it's on the menu. La Calle Doce in the Cliff is the best mariscos in DFW. Don't eat Mexican food anywhere with more that 2 or 3 restaurants. Mexican and Thai are the only two things better in Dallas than in Fort Wroth. Well the Myerson makes Bass Hall look like the Long Branch I guess.
  • snarl
  • 02-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Look for a hole in the wall taqueria with a packed parking lot.

I like El Taco.H, but I've only ever been to the Grapevine location.

Cuquita's is pretty good, but I haven't been in nearly a decade. Last I went, the menus were in Spanish, and the waitstaff barely spoke English.