It's shark week!!

^^^^ Some cats have too much free time. ^^^^
  • Seedy
  • 08-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Is it to much to ask for a real shark attack on video where the camera isn't shaking? There's cameras everywhere we go now a days, surely they can produce at least one a year. Originally Posted by swarley69
If your in the water, and you or someone near your is being bit by a shark, believe me the last fucking thing you'll be thinking about is videoing it.

3 years ago I was wade fishing the surf in thigh deep water with a stringer of trout behind me , and a 6 foot plus Bull shark decided the fish were his. I could not get out of the water fast enough. And no it wasn't funny.
If your in the water, and you or someone near your is being bit by a shark, believe me the last fucking thing you'll be thinking about is videoing it.

3 years ago I was wade fishing the surf in thigh deep water with a stringer of trout behind me , and a 6 foot plus Bull shark decided the fish were his. I could not get out of the water fast enough. And no it wasn't funny. Originally Posted by seedman55
^^real talk

I was wade fishing off of Pirates beach a few years back and got basically bulldozed by a large school of shad. Not a big deal until I saw what was pushing them down the surf..... I'll never forget the sight of that fin. Scared the shit out of me.

3 years ago I was wade fishing the surf in thigh deep water with a stringer of trout behind me , and a 6 foot plus Bull shark decided the fish were his. I could not get out of the water fast enough. And no it wasn't funny. Originally Posted by seedman55
That's why I never wade fish with a stringer. I always use a floating creel/catch bag....with a really long lead.
^^^^ Some cats have too much free time. ^^^^ Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
correction: some cats have too much time on their paws.

seedy....I bet those on the beach thought you were Catholic that day.....walking on water.
Sharks are nature's way of telling humans to GTFO of the water and stay on land!
  • Seedy
  • 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM
John, it was near where you are talking about, it happened at Bermuda Beach. 1 month later, I was cast netting mullet, waist deep water, threw right on a big school of mullet had maybe 50 lbs in the net, another bull shark same size, grabbed that net, almost pulled my arm off, and yes GS I did walk on water that time. Bm, I use the doughnut ring also, but I know some guys that have had those grabbed by sharks also. Guess it depends on where you are, and how much time you spend in the water.

Got lots of true shark stories, right in Galveston. There really is some scary big sharks in the water here, including big Tiger sharks, and some truly monster Bull sharks, and Hammerheads also. I never purposely fished for them, caught lots of decent size ones, I fucking hate the motherfuckers. Lol
Like I told ya earlier Seedy..... Fishin from the boat rocks!
I'm boycotting because Discovery killed my inner child. As soon as they started airing sh*t like "Mermaids: The New Evidence" and the like, I was out. I used to love me some shark week, but from the comments, it sounds like they are continuing their ridiculous people-will-believe-anything-we-say-as-long-as-we-put-the-person-saying-it-in-a-white-coat trend. Disappointing. Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport

OMG . Please don't even get me started on that fake mermaid crap. That was the first and only time in my life I actually felt played by my TV and took it kind of personal. Till this day when I watch the discovery channel, I feel some distain in my heart

But I'm still DVRing shark week

When I DVR, they don't get my ratings ... right?
Shark week? What the hell is submarine?? I am too busy watching real programs like Duck Dynasty...

:-P

uh, yuh! I'd run like a bitch! LOL! I was in Florida waters and a shark was about 50 feet from the beach. Then I found out it was a bull shark! Yuh! I saw it and then ran! Just to think I almost went shelling where he was makes the hair in the back of my neck and back and everywhere in my body stand up!!! It's pretty scary... Yes the last thing anyone thinks of is recording a shark attack.
Mermaids would probably be clammy and lay eggs anyways.
Shark week? What the hell is submarine?? I am too busy watching real programs like Duck Dynasty...

:-P Originally Posted by Sinfonian
You so funny!
uh, yuh! I'd run like a bitch! LOL! I was in Florida waters and a shark was about 50 feet from the beach. Then I found out it was a bull shark! Yuh! I saw it and then ran! Just to think I almost went shelling where he was makes the hair in the back of my neck and back and everywhere in my body stand up!!! It's pretty scary... Yes the last thing anyone thinks of is recording a shark attack. Originally Posted by Sweet tart candy
I'd like to see that, at least the crazy titty-bouncing shark escape sprint. Oh and all your hairs standing up. No sharks though...

On a more serious note, I took a friend to the ER a couple years ago in Pensacola when they were just starting to see a lot more sharks showing up. Friend kept getting bumped down the list because not one, but two bite victims came in. Stooopid white kids without enough sense to know not to swim out to the third sandbar at night... Happy note - both survived with some cool ass scars and great stories for the frat parties!